PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Underworld Demo

jAkUp
10-28-08, 11:06 PM
Anyone try it yet? :captnkill:

trivium nate
10-28-08, 11:28 PM
i looked online yesterday and found out that this demo comes out today for pc/360 but when i wake up today the demo for pc is delayed WTFFFFFFFFFFF

crainger
10-29-08, 12:01 AM
Is PS3 demo coming?

jAkUp
10-29-08, 12:13 AM
It is on xbox live right now.

I just beat the demo, not half bad. Pretty much your standard tomb raider fare, but the graphics are very nice and the plants move and sway as you walk on them :)

|JuiceZ|
10-29-08, 01:16 AM
Coo, I'll have to d/l off PSN.

sirplayalot
10-29-08, 01:20 AM
I didnt like it for some reason...also seemed like you run, jump and dive super fast lol...

npras42
10-31-08, 04:40 PM
Nicer grphics than last time round. Things are alive - there are plants that move, birds that perch on the ledges and lil spiders that jump on you out of nowhere. It also seems there's a little more 'adventure' than previous games which went from really straightforward to obscenely convoluted. It was a short taste of the game but the design of the levels has definitely evolved since the previous 2 games.

Camera seemed more broken than the last game, and that is a major diappointment. Combat was absolutely awful. You used to be able to lock on then jump/roll about to dodge attacks, but it just seemed very difficult to do it on this one IMO. It was harder than usual on Legend but this is just crap.

Overall, I was quite disppointed. I really really liked Legend. I don't care that much about the graphics but was really pleased to just see a TR game that worked without major fault or annoyance. This one seems a step back in that respect.

NarcissistZero
11-01-08, 09:40 AM
I don't see how it can be a step back from Legend when it's basically the same game with better graphics. I agree about the enemy dodging however... hopefully there is a way to do that the retail game will train us on.

I was very pleased with the game... looks stunning and plays great.

npras42
11-01-08, 09:55 AM
I don't see how it can be a step back from Legend when it's basically the same game with better graphics. I agree about the enemy dodging however... hopefully there is a way to do that the retail game will train us on.

I was very pleased with the game... looks stunning and plays great.

The camera and the combat - that was all I thought was a step back. As I said the graphics and world are vastly improved in their realism. Did you not suffer camera control problems? I had no major problems with Anniversary or Legend in that respect and its a hugely important aspect.

NarcissistZero
11-01-08, 10:18 AM
I find the camera to be exactly the same as the last two... dunno what to say on that. It was never perfect, but it works fine.

jdspinna
11-01-08, 10:37 AM
I definitely thought everything felt better than the previous 2 games except for the camera. There are some places where there is absolutely no way to look in the direction you have to jump. I mean, you can execeute the move, you just can't physically look where you have to go.

Level design feels very polished. I like the way the animations flow.

HiCZoK4
11-03-08, 10:20 AM
I liked Legend a lot more. This one have worse graphics and crappy animations

jdspinna
11-03-08, 10:45 AM
Fortunately my opinion is the only one that counts here.

S.I.N
11-05-08, 10:32 AM
I thought it was ok. Will definitely get it once I find it cheap.