PDA

View Full Version : ***Official Little Big Planet Thread***

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tygerwoody
10-29-08, 11:33 AM
What the heck? This game is awesome. How come there is no thread about it yet?

(nana2)

saturnotaku
10-29-08, 11:41 AM
You beat me to it. :p

I'll be picking up my copy at lunch. I don't normally get the strategy guide but probably will for this one as it has details on how to use the level editor. Hopefully they'll have the Kratos costume unlock code in hand, and I got another one for Nariko. Looking forward to playing this one with my wife. :D

Tygerwoody
10-29-08, 12:24 PM
They didn't give me my kratos code..... They said they would when I preordered.

EciDemon
10-29-08, 01:14 PM
Ill have to wait with this one, ive already bought 5 games this month

Mr. Hunt
10-29-08, 01:26 PM
I preordered it from best buy and those faggots still haven't sent me my copy... my brother has been playing his since Saturday :(. Haven't even gotten my copy yet and I already beat the dang game playing on his PS3... stupid best buy.

saturnotaku
10-29-08, 02:19 PM
They didn't give me my kratos code..... They said they would when I preordered.

You should have received the card with the code when you picked the game up.

Because of the delay, the Gamestop manager gave me 10% off the game, and I got 30% off the strategy guide (which is a freaking novel, by the way). Can't wait to fire this up tonight.

crainger
10-29-08, 04:25 PM
This game will be banned in AU.

tornadog
10-29-08, 06:14 PM
Oh is it out already? I was waiting to get it on 21st but then they delayed it. I thought it was gonna be sometime in november.

I am flying through Dubai early next year. Anybody know where I can get that music that created all this hoopla. I will set it as ringtone and play it at the airport!!!

Retrolock
10-29-08, 08:36 PM
It looks good! Got a good review from gametrailers

NarcissistZero
10-29-08, 08:44 PM
Love the game, but the servers are acting all kinds of crazy right now. It's okay... I want to play Fallout 3 first anyway.

lee63
10-29-08, 08:54 PM
What the heck? This game is awesome. How come there is no thread about it yet?

(nana2)
There is now and its stuck :D

Connaught
10-30-08, 01:38 AM
Love this game...easy to play yet to master it..aceing lvls and getting all the collectables...hard yet fun to do.
Great game definitely worth picking up.

I too pre-ordered it and eb-games (gamestop in canada) ran out of the kratos codes.
I'm sorry to ask as I know almost everyone who did not get the codes does...but can anyone share their code with me? you are allowed a max of 5 code shares. If you have the other codes that would be appreciated 2.

Again, sorry for asking...just really want those costumes.

psn: Connaught_

Feel free to add me if you want to LBP it up :)

NarcissistZero
10-30-08, 07:54 PM
I got the costumes but I don't know what sharing entails... let me know and I might help you out.

As for the game, I was able to put Fallout 3 down for a few minutes to play the other night and had a lot of fun with some user created levels. "World of Color" and "Sackman Begins" were pretty damn fun. As a PC gamer I have played user levels for years and years, but this game has a certain charm to it that makes it really fun despite the "it's innovative! (but not really!)" aspect. Plus, releasing a side-scroller, 2.5D or not, on the PS3 is pretty cool.

saturnotaku
10-30-08, 08:31 PM
I've played the first few levels, and overall LBP is pretty good. The controls are not as tight/responsive as they are in most platformers, I hate that you can't disable SIXAXIS (I know it only controls a little bit of SackBoy's movement but still...), and it's sometimes hard to tell where and when you can move in the 3rd dimension. That last complaint is probably mostly due to my own poor depth perception.

With this game, arguably its greatest strength could ultimately be its Achilles heel. As long as there is a strong community that intends to stick around once the hype dies down, LBP will be enjoyable for a long time. If not, this could fade out really fast.

LurkerLito
11-01-08, 03:38 PM
I just got it today and I really like it a lot. Some of the community made ones are really nice (like the God of War level). The level maker is really amazing I can see they put a lot of work into making it user friendly. I agree sometimes the moving back and forth in the depth axis happens all on it's own even if you don't want to. Still definitely a great game.

tornadog
11-02-08, 07:25 PM
The user levels are interesting but the game itself I found boring and repetitive...I forgot to remove the game from the rental queue after the beta. Now I have to buy Resistance 2 since I cant return this in time to clear up my Q.

Lyme
11-09-08, 12:18 PM
Looks like someone has gone a little moderation happy with user generated content http://kotaku.com/5081159/lbp-levels-getting-moderated-out-of-existence

|MaguS|
11-09-08, 12:25 PM
Looks like someone has gone a little moderation happy with user generated content http://kotaku.com/5081159/lbp-levels-getting-moderated-out-of-existence

It's to be expected... Sony doesn't want to get in trouble by hosting copyrighted material. I'm sure it will calm down once the moderators realize they are being too critical... btw I love how you make a post about this but completely ignore Guitar Hero World Tour doing it earlier.... oh forgot, its not a PS3 Exclusive.

Lyme
11-09-08, 02:09 PM
I don't own either game, and LBP actually interests me more.

Tygerwoody
11-11-08, 04:44 PM
what the heck. Am i the only one who plays Little Big Planet? Its pretty much the best game of the year.... Other than Metal Gear Solid 4.

|MaguS|
11-11-08, 05:14 PM
Im giving it time to mature, since its a game thats ran by its community it will get better in time... plus I have tons of other titles to play.

Mr. Hunt
11-11-08, 09:37 PM
what the heck. Am i the only one who plays Little Big Planet? Its pretty much the best game of the year.... Other than Metal Gear Solid 4.

Lol it is funny because I keep wanting to play R2 Coop to get my medic further, but I KEEP GOING BACK TO LBP! I just go done today acing (not dying) in all of the levels... was going for the "Play" trophy... sadly... apparently I also have to do all of the bonus levels also lol. Just gotta make my way through those now and I should have me a new shiny gold trophy ;).

Also, I laughed because I saw OWA played my level I made that sucks so freaking bad... the level is literally a spawn, a glass slide, and then the end... it takes about 1 second to finish... but I want people to play and heart me and mah level lol ;).

Dreamingawake
11-13-08, 09:53 AM
If you have a wife or a girlfriend, PLAY THIS GAME WITH HER ! lol

My wife just loves it, smiles on her face and giggles the whole time.. :D

(No sexual puns please lol we're all adults here)..

Fun game too.

NarcissistZero
11-15-08, 08:41 AM

While it is a very fun game and the user-made content is cool, there's just too many other games out right now of higher quality and greater interest to me. If Sony was smart they would have released this during a dry season, when the user-made content would have created a must-buy extended distraction.

In other words, I plan to get into it more next year.

MowTin
11-18-08, 01:34 AM
As a side-scroller how does LBP compare to say....Super Mario Brothers?