PDA

View Full Version : EA: Forum Ban Equals Game Bans

Pages : [1] 2

wysiwyg
10-30-08, 10:28 AM
from bluesnews=

post on the EA Support Forums from APOC, online community manager for Electronic Arts, outlines a new policy for their new forums, saying users who earn a ban based on their behavior in the forums will be locked out of all of the EA games tied to that account. Thanks Ripten. Word is:

Well, its actually going to be a bit nastier for those who get banned.

Your forum account will be directly tied to your Master EA Account, so if we ban you on the forums, you would be banned from the game as well since the login process is the same. And you'd actually be banned from your other EA games as well since its all tied to your account. So if you have SPORE and Red Alert 3 and you get yourself banned on our forums or in-game, well, your SPORE account would be banned to. It's all one in the same, so I strongly reccommend people play nice and act mature.

All in all, we expect people to come on here and abide by our ToS. We hate banning people, it makes our lives a lot tougher, but its what we have to do.

Those banned will stay banned, but like most other internet services, its not that hard to create a new fake e-mail account. However, its a lot harder to get a new serial key =)

Avatars should be back within 2 weeks of the launch.

-APOC

mailman2
10-30-08, 10:46 AM
Guess its not even worth participating on their forums. Nice way to drive traffic away from your site...:thumbdwn:

Bman212121
10-30-08, 10:47 AM
Well don't visit the EA forums then...

Also, make new accounts for every game you buy.

RoachMojo
10-30-08, 10:56 AM
Wow that's friggin hardcore...

NaitoSan
10-30-08, 11:21 AM
Haha wow. I like that.

NaitoSan
10-30-08, 11:25 AM
Guess its not even worth participating on their forums. Nice way to drive traffic away from your site...:thumbdwn:
Guess you're one of those who doesn't play nice and act mature. ;)

I don't have to worry about getting banned as long I act mature, is that so hard to do? I've seen enough that people like to name calling, trolling and whatnot on different forums. It's getting annoying.

nekrosoft13
10-30-08, 11:30 AM
EA like epic are notorious for banning people when you point out their faults.

not sure if i like that turn of events

well ubi is the same, Double Agent, i made a thread listing all issues with Double Agent and asked about patch, week later my thread that deleted. made the same thread again and got PM from mod that it was not acceptible topic.

Bearclaw
10-30-08, 11:31 AM
EA ****ing sucks. I don't buy ANY of there games.

evox
10-30-08, 11:38 AM
OMG FAGS!

:p

LurkerLito
10-30-08, 11:47 AM
Sorry that is wrong no matter what they say. I can understand them banning you from the forum that is fine IMO, but to make it so the game you purchased no longer functions because of a forum ban, sorry that is absolutely wrong. That's exactly the same as a car company coming to your house and removing the engine from the car you bought because you were on their forum complaining about their dealer's service fees.

I hope that anyone who does get banned sues EA for at least $1999 in games costs, court fees, emotional damage and whatever else they want to claim in small claims court. I would bet that EA will not be present at the hearing and they will win by default.

Guess you're one of those who doesn't play nice and act mature.

That isn't the problem. There were several people who were banned at one time because they voiced dissent about the securom activation limits in Spore. EA ended up removing the bans after the press got wind of it, but still banning someone from a forum should NEVER lead to a purchased game being crippled or disabled. EA can EASILY make it so that a forum ban does not equal a non working game, they choose not to and that to me is at the very least grounds for a lawsuit by anyone that was banned.

NaitoSan
10-30-08, 11:48 AM
EA ****ing sucks. I don't buy ANY of there games.
Not even Dead Space? Man you're missing out.

Bearclaw
10-30-08, 11:49 AM
Not even Dead Space? Man you're missing out.

:| Sucks.

evox
10-30-08, 11:55 AM
http://pixdaus.com/pics/ad69ldSYsQF8u57WMc.jpg

BronzeGod
10-30-08, 03:47 PM
Guess you're one of those who doesn't play nice and act mature. ;)

I don't have to worry about getting banned as long I act mature, is that so hard to do? I've seen enough that people like to name calling, trolling and whatnot on different forums. It's getting annoying.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/jeffmq91/Arrogance.png

dante
10-30-08, 07:29 PM
EA like epic are notorious for banning people when you point out their faults.

not sure if i like that turn of events

So if you criticize one of they're games they can ban you. Hey they can kick you off the message board but I don't even see how it can be legal to stop you from playing your game thats paid for. I'm sure something in the EULA give them that right though. Pure horse$h1t.

NarcissistZero
10-30-08, 07:31 PM
Judging by how easily some forums ban people, this puts me on edge. Hopefully the EA forums aren't completely Nazi-esque like some forums I have been on.

Bearclaw
10-30-08, 09:06 PM
^ QFT. Some forums are ridiculous. This forum, luckily, is pretty leniant and gives warnings first.

methimpikehoses
10-30-08, 09:49 PM
completely Nazi like some forums I have been on.

reported

evox
10-31-08, 01:30 AM
Its a "misunderstanding":

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55656

nrdstrm
10-31-08, 02:08 AM
^ QFT. Some forums are ridiculous. This forum, luckily, is pretty leniant and gives warnings first.

Shut it Bearclaw...Don't make me ban you...

**EDIT** Crap...I just gave him a warning!!!

Medion
10-31-08, 02:11 AM
Its a "misunderstanding":

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55656

That article seemed older than October 30th, and then I saw it, the similar "misunderstanding" over the Spore DRM threats. Basically, right now EA is simply probing to see what they can get away with. Community backlash so far has kept them at bay, but I see this going kind of like gas prices. Here's what I mean.

Gas goes from $2.00/gall to $3.00 gallon causes people to go nuts over the increase, but then when it drops to $2.50/gallon, people cheer at the new low price of gas.

Sgt_Pitt
10-31-08, 03:23 AM
Good on em..

The amount of rubbish spewed out from asshat retards on EA boards is mind numbing.

Clean em all out imo.

Madpistol
10-31-08, 08:16 AM
I don't visit EA's forums, and I now have no intent in doing so. I'd rather keep my copies of crysis, warhead, and spore.

Is it just me, or does it seem like EA is trying to play mommy/daddy now as well as creating games? I really don't like it either.

Bearclaw
10-31-08, 08:44 AM
reported

Reported.

Quick420
10-31-08, 09:28 AM
:| Sucks.

You couldn't be more wrong:p