PDA

View Full Version : Average Game Finish Time

mojoman0
10-30-08, 01:10 PM
I was wondering if the mods could set up a sticky thread that let users vote on how long it took them to finish a game. If there could be multiple polls within a thread maybe that had 10 or so of the latest games and people could vote on how long it took them to finish each game. This is just a suggestion that I would be interested in so maybe if enough of you were also interested then something could be done. Thanks

Severian126
10-30-08, 01:53 PM
For me, it's between a month to a year per game. No time. :(

It takes a really REALLY good game for me to beat it in less than a month.

crainger
10-30-08, 04:47 PM
2 weeks on average for me.

the_recluse
10-30-08, 04:58 PM
6 months to a year.

nekrosoft13
10-30-08, 05:00 PM
For me, it's between a month to a year per game. No time. :(

same, I usually play few games at the same give time span. today i might play game A for while, tomorrow game B etc...

Bman212121
10-30-08, 05:02 PM
Never.

mojoman0
10-30-08, 07:49 PM
I was wondering more like hours put into the game. A lot of the time save games contain this info somewhere.

Severian126
10-30-08, 08:27 PM
I was wondering more like hours put into the game. A lot of the time save games contain this info somewhere.

Oh in that case, it largely depends on the game.

I'm the slower, need to get everything in the game as much as possible type, especially when it comes to RPGs.

Mass Effect took me 50+ hours if I can recall.

Crysis, took me twice as long as other gamers since I liked walking around the area and stealth killing everything in site - at least for the first few levels of the game.

Other than that, I cannot honestly recall beating any other game. :( It's pretty sad actually.

I'm with Nekro, I jump from Game A, to B, to C, D, E....whatever I fancy at the time. I just hope when I go back to game A i remember what it was I was doing hehe.

Games like Morrowind, Oblivion, and soon Fallout 3 will take up 100+ hours of my time in a span of a year+.

CaptNKILL
10-30-08, 09:30 PM
I have trouble sticking with long games some times. I'm still slowly chipping away at The Witcher. I just know that when I start playing I'll probably play for 8 hours so I won't get to do anything productive. I usually just opt for something quick so I have time to do the things I need to do afterward.

Though I've completed more games this year than I have in many many years.

Call of Juarez, Mass Effect, STALKER, Crysis, Spore, Half-Life 2: Episode 2, Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened... and I've put a lot of time into several other games.

sillyeagle
10-30-08, 09:36 PM
I tend to get 1.5x to 2x the play time than what is typically expected. Some games like Morrowind I must have put in close to 200 hours, but for games that are rated at something like 10 hours I'll ussually get 15 hours+, as I tend to take my time and use my imagination.

I'm sure a lot of guys play single player the same way they do online competition, and complete it as fast as possible, but not me.

With Far Cry 2 for example, its said to be a 30 hour game, and I've played 13 hours so far and it says I'm only 12% complete.

I probably playd 40 hours of Clear Sky.

Bearclaw
10-30-08, 10:04 PM
I only play one at a time. It helps me not splurge on games I don't need/won't play and it's more fun I think. It also depends on how it is. If it draws me in right away then I will keep playing it small chunks at a time because I don't have a lot of time. When I do though, I will for sure pop it in for maybe 30 min.

LT.Schaffer
10-31-08, 02:17 PM
I also jump from game to game:o

Games i've yet to finish
Oblivion
Fallout 3[Just started]
Far Cry 2[Just Started]
Stalker SHOC
Sherlock Holmes Nemesis
Penumbra Black Plague
Flat out 1/2/UC
Assassin's Creed
Myst V
etc.

Yet to buy
Timeshift
Mass Effect
Dead Space

Tr1cK
10-31-08, 02:24 PM
I beat WoW in 2 weeks.

Severian126
10-31-08, 02:31 PM
I beat WoW in 2 weeks.

Did you save the princess? Or is she in another castle?

Bearclaw
10-31-08, 02:34 PM
I boinked the princess. :naughty:

Bman212121
10-31-08, 07:11 PM
I only play one at a time. It helps me not splurge on games I don't need/won't play and it's more fun I think. It also depends on how it is. If it draws me in right away then I will keep playing it small chunks at a time because I don't have a lot of time. When I do though, I will for sure pop it in for maybe 30 min.

30 minutes? I can't sit down and only play for that long. If I go to play a game I like to have a couple of hours to play.