PDA

View Full Version : Red Alert 3 Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

johnkeel105
10-30-08, 03:42 PM
I just bought this game yesterday. So far it seems very fun, still on the Soviet missions. It runs really nice on my PC as well and looks quite good.

Only problem is that EA screwed up the cd-key servers so I am unable to get online so far.

Anybody else got this game?

crainger
10-30-08, 03:45 PM
We have to wait until 06-NOV here. ::(:

johnkeel105
10-30-08, 03:53 PM
Thats a shame, hopefully the mutiplayer stuff will be worked out by the time you get it. So far I have a good $65 game that I can only play singleplayer on. One neat feature I noticed was that all singleplayer missions are co-op!

H3avyM3tal
10-30-08, 03:55 PM
Bought the Premier version myself, waiting for it to arrive next week!
Can't wait!!!

johnkeel105
10-30-08, 03:57 PM
HeavyMetal the soundtrack is really cool. They have the many versions of Hell March and all the CNC3 music. I havent got through all of it, but its cool so far!

LordJuanlo
10-31-08, 03:46 AM
Mine should arrive next week

K007
10-31-08, 04:21 AM
the hell march sound track starts out ok but man -.-...ra2 nailed it i think

EciDemon
10-31-08, 04:26 AM
Is this game also locked at 30fps as C&C3?

RAY16
10-31-08, 05:18 AM
Is this game also locked at 30fps as C&C3?

From what I've read, yes. I don't see the issue with it, personally. /shrugs

Anybody try co-op yet? That's pretty much the only reason why I'm tempted to buy it as I suck at standard Vs play in RTS games.

EciDemon
10-31-08, 05:32 AM
Thanks Ray, the 30fps limit in C&C3 was the only real complaint I had about the game

nekrosoft13
10-31-08, 06:39 AM
why? its a strategy game it doesn't need more then 30fps.

JH24
10-31-08, 02:11 PM
I'm really enjoying this game! I first thought I wouldn't like it that much but I'm really pleasantly surprised.

The graphics are beautiful, the sounds and soundtrack are good and the game really has a funny and nice atmosphere. I only played a few skirmishes so far and after that I'll start a campaign.

Another positive thing for me is that I really like the three sides. In contrast to C&C 3, were I only liked NOD, disliked GDI and hated the Scrin. They are all designed very well and are all very fun and interesting to play.

Another part I like is the way they designed the water. (Playing on "High" settings) It looks really amazing and the game really invites you to build large naval fleets. The reflection on the water is great too.

I'm quite impressed so far. IMHO, a lot better than C&C 3, were I never could really get into.

JasonPC
10-31-08, 04:12 PM
I'm surprised it took so long for a thread. I'm really liking this game. It's very fun :) I thought the Kane's Wrath missions were really lame in C&C3 so I was hoping they'd do a better job in Red Alert 3 and I'm not disappointed.

Bman212121
10-31-08, 06:08 PM
I didn't realize it was out yet. I'll probably get it when it goes on sale at gogamer.

|MaguS|
10-31-08, 06:25 PM
Yeah fighting the urge to buy it off D2D... too many games.

JasonPC
10-31-08, 07:44 PM
The reviews are lame they all say it's a lot of fun but end up giving it an 80 or so without much of any reason as to why they docked the points. The biggest thing they seem to nitpick on is that it doesn't really do anything new. But it's a Command & Conquer game what did they expect, if it ain't broke don't fix it. And really the whole floating base idea is something new and interesting. It gives the game a feel that water and land are more seamless and not completely separate entities.

nekrosoft13
10-31-08, 10:05 PM
1.02 officially released

http://www.ea.com/redalert/news-detail.jsp?id=100

hidden/not official 1.03 patch also on the FTP site
ftp://ftp.ea.com/pub/eapacific/RA3/patch13/Support/

LordJuanlo
11-01-08, 05:58 AM
Command & Conquer games always have tons of patches, but I think this one breaks a record. A couple of days since it was released and 1.03 already

Buio
11-01-08, 08:35 AM
Command & Conquer games always have tons of patches, but I think this one breaks a record. A couple of days since it was released and 1.03 already

I generally prefer games that get fast patches and support over those that are left with bugs and unbalanced gameplay. But EA has never been good about long term support, so my guess its just fast bugfixes.

A company like Blizzard that releases patches for their still popular 10-year old games is pretty amazing.

FastRedPonyCar
11-01-08, 09:01 AM
wasnt there a clear sky patch before it was even releaed in some countries?

Preparat
11-01-08, 01:36 PM
Holy crap. I cant believe they call this C&C Red Alert.... This is not C&C.

Thank you EA for ruining another franchise. Thanks a lot for this dumbed down piece of **** "RTS" for 10 year olds.

I cant believe the scores this thing gets in reviews.. wtf?
Also i get this strange consolitis feel... is it out on consoles too?

JasonPC
11-01-08, 02:13 PM
Oh are you another hardcore red alert fan whiner geez.

There are glaring plot holes and issues with the storyline. But I still think it's a really well done game that's very fun. Not sure what's people's problems.

Preparat
11-01-08, 02:21 PM
Oh are you another hardcore red alert fan whiner geez.

There are glaring plot holes and issues with the storyline. But I still think it's a really well done game that's very fun. Not sure what's people's problems.

Im hot a hardcore fan but please a cannon that fires soldiers? you can fit like 5 units on the screencant see ****
no more harvesting..... and a ****load of other redicilous units and all kinds of bull****

Gameplay is basicly spam build whatever unit, point at greenthing on minimap, win.

Peoples problems are that its not C&C
they should have called it something else

JasonPC
11-01-08, 02:47 PM
Less attention to harvesting is less microing economy and more focusing on fighting, fine by me. Just because the harvester isn't going to a field, doesn't mean you can't harm someone's economy (take out their expansion, target the refinery, etc). The man cannon is silly but I think it's cool. It in no way ruins the whole game for me lol. The camera is a valid complaint, but I can tolerate it. Seems a little more zoomed in than C&C3 and less freedom (can't zoom out). C&C has ALWAYS had spamming I don't know what C&C you've been playing. Maybe the first two not so much because of the slow pace of the game. All the units have useful and complementary secondary fire/abilities so there definitely is an incentive to use them all. There seems to be a good counter for spamming certain types of units. I think C&C3 was worse when it first came out in that respect, but some patches fixed it. The Japanese units are kind of crazy, but Red Alert has tended to be a bit crazy. It feels and plays like C&C to me and I've been a fan since the first one.

johnkeel105
11-01-08, 09:02 PM
The game has a few niggling issue. I am now able to get online and co-op is an awesome feature. I am also happy that they are patching the game. I have been a big Red Alert 2 fan for a long time and I tend to dig that game out and play it quite often.

I wish the zoom was a bit further, but if one thinks about it RA2 is still tied to 640x480 for many online matches. I can see more then I used to in that game. Nothing is perfect, but RA3 has been great so far. I will definitely be playing the single player in co-op more often.