PDA

View Full Version : The Chronicles of Rid****: Assault on Dark Athena Worldwide Spring 2009 PC Confirmed

nekrosoft13
10-30-08, 03:58 PM
New Follow-up to Acclaimed First Person Shooter 'Escape from Butcher Bay' Sends Anti-hero Rid**** on a Brutal New Adventure -

NEW YORK, Oct. 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Atari, one of the world's most recognized video game publishers, today announced that first person shooter The Chronicles of Rid****: Assault on Dark Athena is joining its 2009 publishing and distribution line up. In conjunction with Universal Pictures Digital Platforms Group, Tigon Studios and acclaimed developer Starbreeze Studios, Atari is bringing the franchise to the new generation of consoles for the first time packed with thrilling new adventures. The highly anticipated title is scheduled for launch on the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system and Windows(R) PC in spring 2009.

Previously announced as a remake of hit title The Chronicles of Rid****: Escape from Butcher Bay with added content, Atari can today reveal that The Chronicles of Rid****: Assault on Dark Athena contains a brand new full-length campaign. This exciting announcement promises a title which will include the original game re-imagined for a whole new audience, an entirely new chapter in the Rid**** saga and, for the first time, intense online multiplayer combat, making The Chronicles of Rid****: Assault on Dark Athena a must-have experience for any fan of intense action gaming.

"It's very exciting to have Assault on Dark Athena as part of Atari's 2009 publishing line-up," said Phil Harrison, President of Infogrames Entertainment, the parent company of Atari. "The first game in the series was a landmark in action gaming and the outstanding team at Starbreeze are creating a feature-packed follow-up which will delight fans and new players alike."

"The Rid**** IP offers a rich universe from which to develop no-holds barred games, and we've believed that since the days of the Pitch Black film," said Bill Kispert, Vice President and General Manager, Interactive, Universal Pictures Digital Platforms Group. "Assault on Dark Athena extends the franchise fiction; adds to the mythology with new storylines, characters and locations while remaining true to the original material; and gives fans an experience they haven't seen before. As we introduce this new Rid**** chapter, we are also excited to welcome Atari to the Rid**** family."

"We're thrilled about this remake and expansion of Escape from Butcher Bay." said Ian Stevens, Head of Game Production, Tigon Studios. "Assault on Dark Athena tells a new story in The Chronicles of Rid****, while at the same time sharing our original vision with a larger audience. We're excited about the coming months and talking more in-depth about new features like the addition of Multiplayer!"

"Working with the Rid**** franchise for us is an extraordinary experience," said Johan Kristiansson, CEO, Starbreeze Studios. "We are deeply enthusiastic about the partnership with Atari that will bring this rich game experience to a new generation of consoles. With this release we've pushed the limits of the Starbreeze engine, delivering an extensive game package designed to thrill gamers worldwide. We can't wait for it to hit the shelves."

In The Chronicles of Rid****: Assault on Dark Athena the player takes the role of Rid****, as played by Vin Diesel, using stealth and action to overcome the merciless crew of the predatory Merc-ship Dark Athena which awaits its prey in the dark reaches of space. Cheating death through a series of spectacular battles and events, Rid**** will fight for his life amid a storm of malevolence and horror. The Chronicles of Rid**** series of games takes the player deeper into the universe of Universal Pictures' films The Chronicles of Rid**** and cult classic Pitch Black, which first introduced Vin Diesel as enigmatic anti-hero Rid****.

Featuring a brand new exhilarating adventure, a high-definition re-imagining of the classic Escape from Butcher Bay campaign and new multiplayer options, The Chronicles of Rid****: Assault on Dark Athena will thrill fans when it launches in spring 2009.

http://www.broadcastnewsroom.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=565328

CaptNKILL
10-30-08, 04:12 PM
Rid****! :lol:

I'm glad they expanded the new content to a full fledged campaign rather than just a couple more missions. I probably wouldn't have bought the game again for that, but I'll buy it now. :)

Noriega
10-30-08, 04:41 PM
I'm gonna put Rid**** on my baby cause rid**** is always something hard that I like to play.

Banko
10-30-08, 05:00 PM
Word filtering can suck my rid****.

XxDeadlyxX
10-30-08, 05:01 PM
Awesome, really enjoyed EFBB so would be glad to play whatever they dish out!

einstein_314
10-30-08, 05:01 PM
Rid****!!!

Lol, I love the filtering....

Can't wait, I loved the first one.

breathemetal
10-30-08, 05:08 PM
This is good news!

|JuiceZ|
10-30-08, 05:22 PM
LOL swear filter ftw! Looking forward to this, totally unexpected.

omzig
10-30-08, 05:46 PM
Nice i hope ri**** has some flight sections so i can check out the ****pits!

lol

raystorm
10-30-08, 06:12 PM
Rid**** on pc was just a great game and still looks pretty damn fine. A great example of how you port a game from consoles and improve it. Nice to know there will be a new campaign. I think Starbreeze is using the same engine as The Darkness which was a nice looking game. (I like the game though I'm in the minority it seems)

CaptNKILL
10-30-08, 06:43 PM
Nice i hope ri**** has some flight sections so i can check out the ****pits!

lol

:rofl

qube
10-30-08, 07:41 PM
Rid dic k

Logical
10-30-08, 08:56 PM
Oh sweet, was a big fan of the first ridd_ick, cant wait to play this. I hope the quality of the visuals are as good for todays machines as they were when the original came out.

crainger
10-30-08, 09:36 PM
OMG OMG OMG

I love Rid****. I want to **** the **** OMG **** ****** **** ** * * ***********.

K007
10-31-08, 03:12 AM
lol put red**** on the list to get past -.-..

H3avyM3tal
10-31-08, 11:27 AM
lol put red**** on the list to get past -.-..

Dood, it's rid****, not red****.

Severian126
10-31-08, 11:37 AM
Cool, I almost forgot about Rid****. Rid**** was a pretty solid FPS. Good to know Rid**** is still on track for another Rid**** adventure.

six_storm
10-31-08, 11:40 AM
Best thread of the day . . . . rid****.

:rofl

nekrosoft13
10-31-08, 12:12 PM
Dood, it's rid****, not red****.

maybe his **** is red****

Retrolock
10-31-08, 12:32 PM
Never got to play Chronicles of Rid****. But i've read the game is much more better than the movie?

Severian126
10-31-08, 12:34 PM
Never got to play Chronicles of Rid****. But i've read the game is much more better than the movie?

I only got halfway through the original Rid****. I can't say how it is overall compared to the movies but from what I've seen, it does a respectable job in keeping the atmosphere of the movie, and characters themselves are well designed.

Pitch Black is a great movie IMO, and this movie is a prequel to that first movie. If you're referring to the 2nd movie, Chronicles of Rid****, this game is heads and shoulders above that dung heap in terms of story telling.

Rid**** is going to be awesome.

H3avyM3tal
10-31-08, 01:09 PM
maybe his **** is red****

I wouldn't know. I never thought about rid****'s ****, or if it's red****.
But it is definitely rid****. What's a red****?

crainger
10-31-08, 03:10 PM

So I said 'Ha you know it!'

NaitoSan
10-31-08, 07:25 PM
Totally looking forward to this one. I have PC version of Rid**** but didn't get a chance to get farther but now I can with this one.

ralinn
11-01-08, 08:43 AM
awesome news!