PDA

View Full Version : Fallout3 vs Mass Effect as RPG

Pages : [1] 2 3

HiCZoK4
10-31-08, 01:44 PM
Hmm I havent played either. And thinking about getting ME becouse its much cheaper than F3 but all that hype make me crazy :P
What do You guys Think ?

Noriega
10-31-08, 01:47 PM
Both are more shooters than RPGs so I chosed none.

RupertBanana
10-31-08, 01:54 PM
I'm also interested in this:)

LordJuanlo
10-31-08, 01:58 PM
Very good question, I have just started Mass Effect and I haven't received Fallout 3. I'm playing both but I would like to know which one is more RPG, or less shooter

nekrosoft13
10-31-08, 02:00 PM
neither is a true RPG in a sence, but Mass Effect is more of RPG then Fallout 3

Severian126
10-31-08, 02:20 PM
Ask yourself this:

Do you want to make love to an alien (or human, but that's boring), or walk around in a radioactive wasteland?

ASUSEN7900GTX
10-31-08, 02:24 PM
i ve played ME on 360 and sure you get EXP but not in a RPG sence so one is a hybrid space thing the other a nuclear wasteland.

i really enjoyd ME it had great graphics on the 360 PC even more so.

choose wich has more appeal to your type of gaming.
:)

Tr1cK
10-31-08, 02:44 PM
Price an issue? (lee) Yarrr!

j/k

HiCZoK4
10-31-08, 02:54 PM
Hmmm i loved Kotor and that is +ME. But i love any other good rpg.Like Oblivionm Morrowind or Icewind dale

nekrosoft13
10-31-08, 02:56 PM
how can anyone put Oblivion and Icewind Dale in the same sentence and comparing good RPGs is beyond me :|

HiCZoK4
10-31-08, 03:05 PM
how can anyone put Oblivion and Icewind Dale in the same sentence and comparing good RPGs is beyond me :|
You are retard or what ?
Icewind dale 2 was great Rpg. Oblivion WAS AND IS ALSO A GREAT RPG.
I just cant understand you.
And I am not a noob who played 10 games in live. I am playing over 12 years and passed a lot... a lot of games. And I think that my oppinion is something that matters too :captnkill:

breathemetal
10-31-08, 03:07 PM
Mass Effect was a great game. I loved it.
Cant say anything on Fallout 3 yet, I'll probably get it this weekend

HiCZoK4
10-31-08, 03:09 PM
Mass Effect was a great game. I loved it.
Cant say anything on Fallout 3 yet, I'll probably get it this weekend
I think so looking at yours avatar :P

Ninjaman09
10-31-08, 03:10 PM
You are retard or what ?
And I am not a noob who played 10 games in live. I am playing over 12 years and passed a lot... a lot of games. And I think that my oppinion is something that matters too :captnkill:

He's not retarded, he just has a very strict definition of RPG. I can't say I disagree with him, but there probably isn't any reason to argue about it. :)

I would suggest Mass Effect, but that is because I prefer games with strong narrative and character development. ME is very different from Fallout 3. It is one of my all-time favorites though so naturally I'd strongly recommend it.

nekrosoft13
10-31-08, 03:13 PM
You are retard or what ?

Easy kiddo, watch your language, all you proven right now that you can act immature. Bravo for that.

Your opinion matters to you, and only you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just like I’m entitled to mine. And my opinion is that Oblivion is more of Adventure game with RPG elements, then true RPG experience. If you research a bit on the net, there are many dedicated RPG players with the same opinion.

Icewind Dale series on the other hand are true RPGs

LovingSticky
10-31-08, 03:47 PM
Hmm I havent played either. And thinking about getting ME becouse its much cheaper than F3 but all that hype make me crazy :P
What do You guys Think ?

Have you played Oblivion? If you did, get Mass Effect, if not, get Fallout 3. Fallout 3 is pretty much like Oblivion with guns, or Oblivion done by S.T.A.L.K.E.R. designers.

blizzle
10-31-08, 04:08 PM
Oblivion WAS AND IS ALSO A GREAT RPG.

You're definitely entitled to your opinion, but then I'm also entitled to laugh at it. AHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAH. Thanks for your time.:)

For your question about F3 or ME I would have to say F3 IMO.

hirantha
10-31-08, 04:31 PM
quests are much more deep in fallout as to where ME quests are straight forward. and the skill system is not as fun as Fallout3 skill system.

if you like hopping on to different planets (can not explore every planet) ME is your game and you get to go shooting with some advanced technology :)

both games got good and bad. they are both great RPGs but neither will beat Witcher ;)

jeffmd
10-31-08, 06:56 PM
Fallout is WAY more open then mass effect. I spent about 4-5 hours in mass effect and stoped...so fallout has it beat. I plan to finish fallout3.

K007
10-31-08, 08:17 PM
Mass Effect - The dialogue options and what comes out of my mouth is two different things -.-.

Both are good, but Fallout 3 is much much more interesting/better. Mass effect 3rd person still looked alot better than fallout 3, and that is due to the oblivion engine -.-

NaitoSan
10-31-08, 08:28 PM
If price is an issue, get ME and wait until Fallout 3 become cheaper. By that time you're done with ME, you can get Fallout 3.

HiCZoK4
11-01-08, 05:00 AM
Easy kiddo, watch your language, all you proven right now that you can act immature. Bravo for that.

Your opinion matters to you, and only you. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just like Im entitled to mine. And my opinion is that Oblivion is more of Adventure game with RPG elements, then true RPG experience. If you research a bit on the net, there are many dedicated RPG players with the same opinion.

Icewind Dale series on the other hand are true RPGs
Sorry Nekro;) I got a little angry :( Hey ! And I am 19yo so dont mess with me :D :P

CaptNKILL
11-01-08, 08:32 AM
I really liked Mass Effect but I was a little disappointed at how the skill advancement didn't seem to make much difference. That seems to be the trend these days with RPGs. The Witcher is the one huge exception where everything is very rewarding. One skill point can make an impossible foe much easier to fight.

After you play ME for a while it becomes very obvious that the gear and the enemies scale with the player. It works much better than it did in Oblivion (100x better :p) but it really takes a lot of the importance out of advancing your character (other than raising skills just to get new abilities). Another thing that hurt it IMO was that all of the increments for improving your stats were so tiny that it made even 10 levels of advancement seem kind of pointless. For example, you get a few skill points per level to spend on advancing your skills, but the advances tend to be "+0.1% damage". What the hell is that? :p

You could do that 50 times and it still wouldn't feel any different if the enemies didn't level. Since they do level there is no way that will make any noticeable difference.

It was a very well polished game, it had great production values and it was very addictive but the skill system was very shallow and I doubt the game would play any different if they just let you unlock new abilities every 5 levels as opposed to building your skills up point by point.

nutcrackr
11-01-08, 08:57 AM
Hard choice, Mass Erect is more cinematic, squad based, funneled experience. Fallout 3 is epic open do what you like type of game. I honestly thought ME's inventory was cumbersome and completely unintuitive. Both are pretty good games, although I haven't finished Fallout 3 yet. I'd look at whether you want a solo RPG and what setting you'd prefer,

RupertBanana
11-01-08, 09:53 AM
I just bought ME online, so it should be here next week.