PDA

View Full Version : November 19 - New XBox Exprerience :)

Pages : [1] 2

LovingSticky
11-03-08, 06:54 AM
It's comming (soon to your XBox)...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/nxe/

EciDemon
11-03-08, 07:33 AM
I don't care much for those gey avatars, if I wanted those Id get a Wii.

Hdd installs gonna be sweet though

betterdan
11-03-08, 07:36 AM
I don't care much for those gey avatars, if I wanted those Id get a Wii.

Hdd installs gonna be sweet though

Same here. The avatars do indeed look gay. I think I even saw one staring at my ass. :o

tornadog
11-03-08, 08:15 AM
I read the HD installs really improved game performance in GTA4 and EA Sports games which used to do a lot of disk access. I dont care for the avatars too!!!

Retrolock
11-03-08, 09:49 AM
new experience?

seXBOX.

:rofl

that'll be really a new experience for fanboys

S.I.N
11-03-08, 10:07 AM
I hope if you disable avatars they completely vanish and a stupid silhouette of them don't stay on your dash. Cant believe there would force those stupid looking things on people.

Also the new dash was leaked and you can install it with a thumbdrive but you won't be able to get on Live until the 19.

Retrolock
11-03-08, 10:09 AM
Yeah, the new dashboard looks like a nickolodeon toon. I hope we get an option to revert to the old one.

Peoples-Agent
11-03-08, 10:19 AM
I think it looks alot better than the old blades. They are slow and clunky, plus the font looks pap on bigger TVs. It needed an overhaul.

NaitoSan
11-03-08, 03:03 PM
Avatar on NXE looks a lot better and more polished than Mii in Wii. They were in development by RARE before NXE was in development. Microsoft saw them and wanted to use them as part of NXE (Avatars). And yes you can revert back to old dashboard but you won't have some access to certain features.

You won't be able to disable Avatar. Sorry. :)

ralinn
11-03-08, 03:07 PM
Quite looking forward to the avatars myself.

kev13dd
11-03-08, 07:46 PM
Everyone on the internet keeps complaining about it, while all the reviewers who try it says it is a huge improvement. It seems like everyone who ever complained about it not having "feature so and so" just chooses to complain about something else (aka Avatars) when improvements do come around eventually

Personally? I don't see "extra features" as a bad thing. If I use the avatars or not won't impact the fact that I'll have a 16:10 resolution, installs to the HD, parties, Netflix streams, and a navagatable Xbox Marketplace. But that's just me

It's a major improvement. How many people used to sit around on the dashboard with the current dash? Almost no one. It's a means to an end. Loading games, buying content, playing videos, etc. Now all of the things we use our dash for are easier to access, and there are added features for people who DO want to sit around on the dashboard. No one loses out. And yet everyone complains. Oh well

K

Amaury
11-03-08, 08:12 PM
Pretty cool.

http://www.xbox.com/NR/rdonlyres/D54FBF31-733F-4C61-8740-B658C810869B/0/vidddXNA_KathleenSandersHi.asx

Zhivago
11-03-08, 08:48 PM
An article @ Tomshardware (IIRC) showed that the improvements in load time off the hdd were fairly modest, and in some cases non-existent. Not trying to spoil the fun, just thought I would pass word along.

betterdan
11-03-08, 08:57 PM
Everyone on the internet keeps complaining about it, while all the reviewers who try it says it is a huge improvement. It seems like everyone who ever complained about it not having "feature so and so" just chooses to complain about something else (aka Avatars) when improvements do come around eventually

Personally? I don't see "extra features" as a bad thing. If I use the avatars or not won't impact the fact that I'll have a 16:10 resolution, installs to the HD, parties, Netflix streams, and a navagatable Xbox Marketplace. But that's just me

It's a major improvement. How many people used to sit around on the dashboard with the current dash? Almost no one. It's a means to an end. Loading games, buying content, playing videos, etc. Now all of the things we use our dash for are easier to access, and there are added features for people who DO want to sit around on the dashboard. No one loses out. And yet everyone complains. Oh well

K

oh stop complaining...

kev13dd
11-03-08, 09:10 PM
An article @ Tomshardware (IIRC) showed that the improvements in load time off the hdd were fairly modest, and in some cases non-existent. Not trying to spoil the fun, just thought I would pass word along.
I'm going for HDD install for the quiet factor. Less disk spinning means less noise, and less wear and tear on the DVD drive (which have been known to fail). Living in a dorm I haven't been able to play my Xbox after my roommate fell asleep. Will be nice to play it without worrying

K

crainger
11-03-08, 10:50 PM
I can't wait to play Mass Effect with disc read errors...

Assuming it can copy itself from the DVD to begin with.

NaitoSan
11-03-08, 10:51 PM

Hopefully you can.

crainger
11-03-08, 10:52 PM
I hope so too.

kev13dd
11-03-08, 11:35 PM

I'd borrow a copy from a friend for the install if all else fails (or shell out for a rent). Your disc only needs to be in to verify you own it. What disc you use to copy shouldn't make a difference

K

crainger
11-03-08, 11:55 PM
Separately
Mass Effect disc is fine, works fine on friends 360, no scratches.
360 DVD drive is fine plays all other games ok.

Together I get a disc read error after a an hours or so. I restart the game, works fine for another hour or so. No idea whats going on, but if you check the Bioware forums it's a BIG problem. ::(:

EciDemon
11-04-08, 03:54 AM
I had no problem with my mass effect disc,

However a friend of mine who's disc drive is a bit doggy had to return DmC4 due to disc errors, the disc looked just fine with no scratches or dirt. He got past the fail point once the disc was swapped for a new one.

I have a similar problem with ninety nine nights, disc is scratch free and fine.

nekrosoft13
11-04-08, 09:53 AM
I'm going for HDD install for the quiet factor. Less disk spinning means less noise, and less wear and tear on the DVD drive (which have been known to fail). Living in a dorm I haven't been able to play my Xbox after my roommate fell asleep. Will be nice to play it without worrying

K

sorry, so you preffer more wear and tear on hard drive? that also has high risk of failure by design. and when it does you loose all your save games? also if xbox drm hasn't been fixed yet, you will use your bought content as well.

npras42
11-04-08, 11:04 AM
sorry, so you preffer more wear and tear on hard drive?

Yeah, actually. HDDs have MTBFs of in the range of 100,000 hours. Optical drives fail all the time with persistent use.

and when it does you loose all your save games? also if xbox drm hasn't been fixed yet, you will use your bought content as well.

You'd lose your save games but you wouldn't lose your downloaded stuff at all. You just have to download it again, you're not changing consoles you'd just be changing HDDs.

crainger
11-04-08, 03:14 PM
Luckily I've never bought anything on Live, the one or two things I have I'd pay for again if required. Except GH3 songs. They can **** off and stay ****ed off.

nekrosoft13
11-04-08, 03:46 PM
Yeah, actually. HDDs have MTBFs of in the range of 100,000 hours. Optical drives fail all the time with persistent use.

of course they do, but often HDD fails for no reason