PDA

View Full Version : Red Alert 3 is frigging strange

s064809
11-04-08, 02:38 AM
As RA3 is available in HK on 28/10 and I am a big fan of C&C series starting from C&C DOS, so I have enough gameplay experience to comment on this game.

I finished all factions of RA 3 and what I want to say is ...

the graphics and the units are frigging strange and odd!

How come the "commando" of the Japan side is a school girl who wears school uniform ? She even says " Is it recess time" when u command her to fight.

The Ally tank looks very strange and ugly. They are ... departing from the path of success of C&C in the old days. EA shall consult on fans' opinion before making this game live.

nutcrackr
11-04-08, 02:45 AM
They went overboard on the art style, they looked at red alert 2 and saw some kooky stuff and then took it so far off the charts it was too far to go back. I don't like the art style at all, I think they missed.

K007
11-04-08, 03:00 AM
they wanted to go real anime with the japan side. i still prefer cnc3 tw over this -.-.

johnkeel105
11-04-08, 03:25 AM
Red Alert 3 is a bit on the odd side, but I do like it. It is nice to have something after so many years. Although I do wish some units were more traditional.

Right now I enjoy the Allied Airforce, gotta love the Dr. Strangelove references in this game.

s064809
11-04-08, 06:51 AM
The Japanese school girl commando really annoys me. It's meant to be a military game ? The "psych" ability of that school girl really makes the game very odd.

Toss3
11-04-08, 08:42 AM
I got to play it during the weekend and I think that the problem isn't that they went overboard with the art style, but rather the humor. :o

Bman212121
11-04-08, 10:27 AM
I played the beta and I agree the art is much different than any C&C from before. Once you can remember what everything looks like, it's a lot easier to play.

Preparat
11-04-08, 11:04 AM
I hvnt played much but for me RA3 is like TF2 trying to be an RTS + anime = EPIC FAIL

SH64
11-04-08, 03:42 PM
Yeah i didnt the like the art style in RA3. It looks weird and the fights are not as engaging as the original RA or even C&C3 :o

lognoronon
11-05-08, 01:12 AM
I don't get all the hate. I think this is a lot more fun than CnC 3. I love the Wacky units since it makes the game interesting and not as boring as a lot of RTS's out there.

crainger
11-05-08, 01:55 AM
I haven't even played the game but I will comment anyway.

I like how the Japanese units can transform.

-crainger

Seriously, I have put this game on my after Christmas playlist. During the summer when it's to dangerous to go outside due to us not having an Ozone. SPF 100+ sunscreen is just to expensive and can cause cancer itself!

sharvin
11-14-08, 03:36 AM
I haven't even played the game but I will comment anyway.

I like how the Japanese units can transform.

-crainger

Seriously, I have put this game on my after Christmas playlist. During the summer when it's to dangerous to go outside due to us not having an Ozone. SPF 100+ sunscreen is just to expensive and can cause cancer itself!

:( summer is the most painful season, as for the japanese commando i've never been one to complain about a female in a school uniform, males on the other hand....

stncttr908
11-14-08, 12:48 PM
RA2 was ridiculous in comparison to the original, and now RA3 ups the ante over RA2. Why is this shocking to anyone?

Great RTS. I'll be busy until SC2 (or at least the next CoH expansion...)

NarcissistZero
11-15-08, 08:51 AM
Yet another game I want but can't buy because game companies think it's smart to release 10 games a week people want during the holiday season.

Idiots.

This would be the first game I would instantly get on PC, rather than console, in a long while.