PDA

View Full Version : Resistance 2 Official Thread

Pages : [1] 2

tornadog
11-04-08, 09:27 AM
This is obviously going to be the biggest game on the PS3 this year. I am gonna pick this one from BB today. Are you guys getting the standard version or the collectors edition?

S.I.N
11-04-08, 09:38 AM
Biggest? I actually think its going to do worse than Little Big Planet. I was going to do the CE because of the cool case but I'm going to wait a bit for a deal.

tornadog
11-04-08, 10:08 AM
ah ignore!! that was bollocks just cause I hated LBP

Mr. Hunt
11-04-08, 11:26 AM
Picking up the CE in about 30 minutes... can't wait.

saturnotaku
11-04-08, 11:56 AM
Are you guys getting the standard version or the collectors edition?

Neither. :p

JaylumX
11-04-08, 12:20 PM
I have yet to finish Resistance 1 (I just started), but i've almost done with Uncharted: Drakes Fortune and and then my schedule is cleared till i beat Gear of War 2 on the 360 before i even touch Resistance 2.

Some quality games released this month.

Marvel_us
11-04-08, 08:52 PM
Got my copy but I have to download a ****ing system update first! WTF! I need to play nooooooooooooooooow!

NarcissistZero
11-05-08, 07:10 PM
I have too many games to buy... this, Valkyria Chronicles and Gears of War 2 are ALL getting put off for a while until I finish some of the games I have purchased over the last few weeks.

I want to concentrate on Fallout 3, basically.

NaitoSan
11-05-08, 08:56 PM
I'm expecting R2:CE next week. :)

I'm putting Fallout 3 on hold, as well other games until upcoming months when they're cheaper.

Mr. Hunt
11-05-08, 09:14 PM
Beat it this morning... amazing game... only have a few complaints, but they are minor.

Definitely going to go through again and play some COOP and competitive.

crainger
11-05-08, 10:02 PM
You're really fast Hunt. Did you even stop to smell the Chimera?

Marvel_us
11-05-08, 10:11 PM
Doesn't even surprise me that Mr. Hunt finished the game already. He'll probably finish it 6 times before I get done with one play through.

On another note, playing sp last night and the game locked up my ps3. I think that might be an omen for me to stop playing and study for my exam I have on Friday.:o

tornadog
11-05-08, 10:45 PM
wow finally played a game for than an hour at a time...I am impressed...but I will play again on sunday when my next gametime comes by..I hope to finish this game(hopefully) by summer 09!!!!

Mr. Hunt
11-06-08, 01:13 AM
Doesn't even surprise me that Mr. Hunt finished the game already. He'll probably finish it 6 times before I get done with one play through.

On another note, playing sp last night and the game locked up my ps3. I think that might be an omen for me to stop playing and study for my exam I have on Friday.:o

Lol... can't help it... was a great game and had to beat it as quickly as I could... usually I fear if I play online before beating the SP portion, some douche bag will ruin the ending for me or something lol.

Sucks about the lockup... I had one (I think) during the beta, but haven't had any problems with the final game yet.

fizzelopeguss
11-06-08, 05:40 PM
Resistance was one of the few consoles shooters that actually impressed me.

Insomniac have turned into one of my fave developers.

npras42
11-06-08, 05:44 PM
Resistance was one of the few consoles shooters that actually impressed me.

Insomniac have turned into one of my fave developers.

Insomniac are my favourite developers. The timeframe in which they produce games and the quality of them is truly amazing.

fizzelopeguss
11-06-08, 06:15 PM
Absolutely, i never owned a ps2 so i only heard of them when i got my ps3, very pleasant surprise when i got resistance, and bought ratchet and clank not long after.

Marvel_us
11-09-08, 06:20 PM
Eh, the game is great but there are some really annoying bugs in the online. Sometimes enemies float toward you in co-op. The most annoying is when you have splitscreen online co-op, you get this network connection error all the time.

EciDemon
11-10-08, 11:27 AM
Is there offline coop in this game like split screen for the campaign?
Also how is it compared to gears of war 2?

Mr. Hunt
11-10-08, 11:56 AM
Is there offline coop in this game like split screen for the campaign?
Also how is it compared to gears of war 2?

There is offline coop, but the coop and the campaign are seperate... maps are the same, but objectives are not. It is really good because it adds a lot of replay value since it isn't just single player with 8 people. And it is also nice because the amount of enemies scales with how many players are in the game... 8 player games and you get TONS of enemies. Another cool thing is you can split screen and go online in both coop and competitive (although there seems to usually be a network error when trying it, it CAN work... hope they fix it).

Haven't played GoW2, so I can't compare it.

EciDemon
11-10-08, 12:02 PM
But there's still story if one play the campaign in coop right?
Dunno if it was Graw2 or Rainbow 6 vegas (or both) that had coop but it was single mission type coop.

I only have one ps3 and one 360. Campaign coop something me and my brother really enjoy problem is there's too few games that support split screen coop.

Ive been hearing good things about this game, but honestly back when i looked at early footage of the game it didn't look very good at all.

Gonna see if i can find something good on youtube :)

Destroy
11-10-08, 12:37 PM
Is there a demo out for this game yet?

Marvel_us
11-10-08, 03:59 PM
But there's still story if one play the campaign in coop right?
Dunno if it was Graw2 or Rainbow 6 vegas (or both) that had coop but it was single mission type coop.

I only have one ps3 and one 360. Campaign coop something me and my brother really enjoy problem is there's too few games that support split screen coop.

Ive been hearing good things about this game, but honestly back when i looked at early footage of the game it didn't look very good at all.

Gonna see if i can find something good on youtube :)

No, which I think is a big mistake by Insomniac. The co-op in this game has nothing to do with the main sp story. That said, it is really fun and has a mini-rpg vibe to it.

Is there a demo out for this game yet?

No.

NarcissistZero
11-15-08, 07:58 AM
I still haven't grabbed this... I loved Resistance, so I want it, there's just too much other stuff out.

Lfctony
11-25-08, 10:58 PM
For some weird reason, the 1.30 update killed the subtitle option for me... Over at the resistance 2 forums people say the option still appears for them, but it's gone on mine. I've emailed Insomniac about it, hopefully they will listen and look into it.