PDA

View Full Version : Installed NXE Preview. Will I get banned ?

Pages : [1] 2

HiCZoK4
11-04-08, 10:25 AM
I got Fooled !!! I Happen to find NXE preview on the forums (not torrent so I didnt smell any trap) And installed it from my pendrive. Now I cannot connect Live !!!! it weights only 7,5mb and it really is NXE update. Menu looks great. Did not tried any options yet... But I cannot connect to live ?!?!?! Am I banned ?!?!?!?!

I dont have flashed xbox360. I am playing only oryginal games. Currently Also I have Silver account.

WTH ? I downloaded NXE demo and now microsoft ban me for using free software ?

Google says I will get live again on 19th with NXE official release but I am afraid:(

I am saying about me as Good 360 user. I dont use any pirated software and dont have flashed box. Why microsoft treats honest users like criminals ? I didnt know I am doing something bad? I just thought its NXE preview...

Reynaldo
11-04-08, 10:52 AM
You should have read up before installing it. It is a CLOSED preview, so only authorized consoles are supposed to have it. Acording to MS itself, you won't get banned, but you will have to wait until the 19th for the official release to connect to live.

npras42
11-04-08, 10:55 AM
Yeah you're not banned. Its just not possible to go on Live with it until the 19th. Personally wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole but ah well, you live and you learn.Are you sure there is no way of deleting it like finding the files associated to it on the HDD and deleting them?

HiCZoK4
11-04-08, 10:58 AM
You should have read up before installing it. It is a CLOSED preview, so only authorized consoles are supposed to have it. Acording to MS itself, you won't get banned, but you will have to wait until the 19th for the official release to connect to live.
ohh I see. Thats ok then:) I can live two weeks without live :D
I didnt knew about and closed tests. I also don't think there is a way of uninstalling it.

But I was not planning to go gold till 19th so Its allright if they let me in back on 19th.
Thx for quick anserws.
btw. Its quite nice. Going to install my new Mass Effect :P

DMA
11-04-08, 01:06 PM
http://www.destructoid.com/-pirating-nxe-sounds-like-a-great-way-to-get-banned-from-xbox-live-109916.phtml

Doesnt look good according to this guy.

Toss3
11-04-08, 01:20 PM
Google says I will get live again on 19th with NXE official release but I am afraid:(

I am saying about me as Good 360 user. I dont use any pirated software and dont have flashed box. Why microsoft treats honest users like criminals ? I didnt know I am doing something bad? I just thought its NXE preview...
Well everyone knows it's coming out on the 19th, so are you that surprised? They probably won't ban you though, as it's going to be free anyway, but think ahead next time. Two weeks isn't that long a wait.

What's so special about this update anyways?

nekrosoft13
11-04-08, 02:29 PM
Well everyone knows it's coming out on the 19th, so are you that surprised? They probably won't ban you though, as it's going to be free anyway, but think ahead next time. Two weeks isn't that long a wait.

What's so special about this update anyways?

problem is that this upgrade is from old xbox system to new final

not from new system beta to new final

often when updates are concerned, they will fail if files that they supposed to upgrade don't match versions/size.

there is a chance that when final gets released it might not upgrade, and he might have to call MS.

saturnotaku
11-04-08, 02:44 PM
MS also likely will put the official update on the Xbox Web site for users to download and burn to a disc.

Reynaldo
11-04-08, 04:37 PM
problem is that this upgrade is from old xbox system to new final

not from new system beta to new final

often when updates are concerned, they will fail if files that they supposed to upgrade don't match versions/size.

there is a chance that when final gets released it might not upgrade, and he might have to call MS.

But it isn't a unofficial or hacked update, it's straight from MS, the update will have to take into account people using the NXE preview leaked or not.

Retrolock
11-04-08, 10:51 PM
http://www.destructoid.com/-pirating-nxe-sounds-like-a-great-way-to-get-banned-from-xbox-live-109916.phtml

Doesnt look good according to this guy.

yaiks! good thing i havent used my xbox for more than 10 days now lol, or I could have done that NXE preview thing (lee)

crainger
11-04-08, 11:56 PM
Everyone hold your horses!

HiCZoK4
11-05-08, 01:31 AM
I hope I can upgrade on 19th. Anyway. Its great update. New dashboard looks cool and is fast. Installs works good. Mass effect and GTAIV loads faster and at last My360 isnt a jet. DVD drive is not working when playing from Hdd !!!

And It supports 16:10
for me those are 1440x900 and 1680x1050 Both looks good and AR is correct but there are black bars at the top and a bottom.... So I am back to 1280x768

Althought My 20gb hdd is much to small for installs, GTAIV takes 6,8gb And Mass effect in also 6,8gb So I can only one installed at time ;/ I will need to take of hdd and delete backward comp partition to gain another 6gb

crainger
11-05-08, 01:49 AM
Maybe get a 120Gb HDD too. That's my plan.

HiCZoK4
11-05-08, 01:46 PM
Maybe get a 120Gb HDD too. That's my plan.

these are damn expensive here in Poland. 120 gb costs the same price as arcade X360 :headexplode:

crainger
11-05-08, 03:35 PM
For realz? They cut all 360 accessory prices here by 50% minimum.

EciDemon
11-06-08, 02:36 AM
I went ahead and downloaded the preview update just to test hdd installs. I only had time to test with Virtua fighter 5 as that's one of the most slow loading games I know considering it's genre. It was just a tad bit faster loading, too small of a difference to rid the annoyance.

crainger
11-06-08, 03:27 AM
You couldn't wait 2 weeks?? ::p:

Bit of a bummer it didn't help. Probably only makes a difference on games we've already seen in preview vids. I'm still fingers crossed about Mass Effect.

HiCZoK4
11-06-08, 02:03 PM
You couldn't wait 2 weeks?? ::p:

Bit of a bummer it didn't help. Probably only makes a difference on games we've already seen in preview vids. I'm still fingers crossed about Mass Effect.
ME is doing very well on HDD. No crashes and quite a bit faster load times... and no noise !!!

HiCZoK4
11-06-08, 02:26 PM
For realz? They cut all 360 accessory prices here by 50% minimum.

not in here. At least not yet. Last price they cut is Gears of war become Classic Edition so now it costs as less as pc version. I will get it as soon as possible :captnkill:

Lyme
11-07-08, 01:29 AM
WTH ? I downloaded NXE demo and now microsoft ban me for using free software ?

A) It isn't a demo, it is a closed beta/preview.
B) It isn't free, even though you didn't have to pay for the stolen software.

crainger
11-07-08, 01:46 AM
I'm glad I didn't get banned for the leaked GH3 I downloaded. ::o:

EciDemon
11-07-08, 02:08 AM
Gears of War 2 is released here today, I asked my brother to go pick it up while Im at work today so we can do some serious coop when I get home :)
That's actually one of the reasons I want hdd installs now.

If I got banned it would not matter one bit, I don't play online with my 360 anyways. And I will never pay for that live pos.

I tried hdd install with Lost Oddesy last night and it helped a bit.

The best advantage is the noise reduction, when it's only the fans blowing its not much louder then the ps3

crainger
11-07-08, 02:13 AM
You wouldn't get Downloadable content though. ::(: No Bring Down the Sky. ::(:

EciDemon
11-07-08, 02:33 AM
I don't even have a clue what that dlc is *lol*
poor 360 ain't got no lovin for a long time now

crainger
11-07-08, 02:46 AM
For Mass Effect...