PDA

View Full Version : Walt Disney Should Buy EA!

SH64
11-04-08, 04:22 PM
.. So Says The Wall Street Journal.
According to The Wall Street Journal, it might be a good idea for Disney to think about buying EA. After the recent lower-than-expected financial result, EA's overall market value has dropped more than half, from $19 billion to $7.2 billion. Disney owns ESPN, which is already in cahoots with EA on the Madden franchise, and Disney Interactive could otherwise more wisely spend its $200 million internal development budget among the EA studios, apart from the fact that there is a lot of new IP that could be turned into movies (Mirror's Edge, Dead Space) or games (Pixar).
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122547849321388675.html

RejZoR
11-04-08, 04:24 PM
Well EA might be bad by itself, but it would be far worse if Disney buys them.
So i hope they don't go that way.

NaitoSan
11-04-08, 05:07 PM
I'm a bit irked about that but... Disney is such a huge company with Pixar taking over... maybe it will be good.

RejZoR
11-04-08, 05:54 PM
That would be almost like Microsoft buying a beef processing firm.
Disney has the know how for cartoons and movies, games are EA's domain.
And it should stay this way imo.

NaitoSan
11-04-08, 06:23 PM
Actually Disney is turning out to make some decent games. They bought several good studios that did Pure. A reboot on Turok was decent. I think they're heading to right direction. With EA, they will roll out even better games (only one can hope) with better support and whatnot. And EA will have more money for production value since Disney owns several major movie studios. I could list more.

I just don't know.

S.I.N
11-04-08, 09:10 PM
Kind of surprised MS is not trying to buy them. So many exclusives would come under there helm to the point it might destroy Sony.