PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5 Confirmed for PCs, Coming 2009

Pages : [1] 2

evox
11-05-08, 01:06 AM
I know it's already been mentioned in the Capcom console exclusivity thread, but this deserves its own thread dammit! :p

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/32222/Street-Fighter-IV-dated

Resident Evil 5 – PS3, 360, PC – March 13th

Crow_Nest
11-05-08, 01:51 AM
w00ts. Hopefully this one will be a proper port.

jlippo
11-05-08, 02:14 AM
It uses the Framework engine and developement tools so it really isn't suprise, those games are basically made with pc first and then tackled to work on consoles.

crainger
11-05-08, 02:52 AM
I dunno. I think they were made for 360 first, but they found it runs well on PC, tried it with Lost Planet. The combo of it looking good, running well and good fan feedback lead Capcom to support PC more and more. Great news considering previous Capcom games on PC were outsourced nightmares. PC ports of Street Fighter Alpha series were terrible and lets not mention Resident Evil 4. ::(:

K007
11-05-08, 03:26 AM
nice. Thanks Capcom for releasing it for PC at the sametime as PC ><. Can't wait for SF4..

Viral
11-05-08, 03:27 AM
Given how well Lost Planet and DMC4 run I'm excited about this. I expect a decen't port. I was prepared to buy it on 360 or PS3 but now will go PC :)

BioHazZarD
11-05-08, 05:01 AM
Nice but i still prefer play this on the consoles with controller.

LordJuanlo
11-05-08, 05:39 AM
I'm buying all Capcom games since Lost Planet, Devil May Cry 4 on PC is a blast, and it works great with both keyboard & mouse or 360 controller. Another game to the list

K007
11-05-08, 06:01 AM

i fail to see the reasoning behind this..a controller can just as easily be hooked up onto the pc...:headexplode:..and a pc can just as easily be hooked up onto a big tv...& knowing capcoms recent releases to the pc..i expect the performance to be top notch...not to mention the pc version will be much cheaper...

i noticed the price difference in fc2/fallout3 and ra3 in the stores the other day..at the end of the year...that is a quiet a bit of a difference...sure u could argue that the pc hardware upgrades will cost...but looking at the past year...the pc hardware has been pretty solid and cheaper...infact i don't even plan to ugprade anytime soon, i see no reason to yet, i might get a 4870 for xfire...but they are not that expensive and i have no need for extra power yet -.-.

crainger
11-05-08, 06:21 AM
My PC is not a dirty console! It shall not lower itself by being allow to plug into a TV and a gamepad to play games! I find the thought alone to be OFFENSIVE!

Well I have a PC AND I have a PS3 and 360. Now if i wanted to play on a big TV and controller I could drag my PC ALL the way into the TV mess with drivers and all that. OR I could just play it on my PS3 (My 360 is in the corner for being naughty). OR I could just play it on my PC where it is now.

Not everyone has a one bedroom house and the TV and PC are in the same room... Not everyone who wants to play on TV can be bothered messing with the drivers and adapters to get it going and if you already have a console why bother?

EciDemon
11-05-08, 06:26 AM
My PC is not a dirty console! It shall not lower itself by being allow to plug into a TV and a gamepad to play games! I find the thought alone to be OFFENSIVE!

Well I have a PC AND I have a PS3 and 360. Now if i wanted to play on a big TV and controller I could drag my PC ALL the way into the TV mess with drivers and all that. OR I could just play it on my PS3 (My 360 is in the corner for being naughty). OR I could just play it on my PC where it is now.

Not everyone has a one bedroom house and the TV and PC are in the same room... Not everyone who wants to play on TV can be bothered messing with the drivers and adapters to get it going and if you already have a console why bother?

Course not, thats why the true gamer install all there stuff in the bathroom, that way you dont have to move about when your in for a long session

K007
11-05-08, 07:05 AM
lol.

Yea crainger i see what you mean, but its not that big of a hassel for me to take my pc over to the tv area, i haven't had much of an issue getting the pc to load up on the tv, i don't how eva have a control pad, but i will be getting a xbox controller once sf4 comes out next year.

i plugged it in just to test out the hdmi stuff, was a new plasma tv and i never had a play around with it, normally i have the s-video -.-, but yea i just plugged into check out the tv to see how well it would be...it looked great..but i still love my crt ><

and yes if u have a console why bother.

Nitz Walsh
11-05-08, 12:51 PM
How the **** do people still not know you can just plug a 360 pad - or any multitude of gamepads - into a PC and it will work fine?

For those that are going to play it on console, that's great. So WTF are you doing in this thread about a PC RELEASE?

LordJuanlo
11-05-08, 01:04 PM
My PC is installed on the living room, and I connect it to the HDTV quite often. That's why I stopped playing games on the 360 that were available on PC too, I loaded the same game on both 360 and PC, and with a key press on the remote, switched from one input to another. Even at the same resolution (720p) the difference in AA and AF (and framerate in games like Gears of War) is HUGE, I wish I could capture screenshots on the 360 to show the difference

hirantha
11-05-08, 02:05 PM
How the **** do people still not know you can just plug a 360 pad - or any multitude of gamepads - into a PC and it will work fine?

For those that are going to play it on console, that's great. So WTF are you doing in this thread about a PC RELEASE?

lol i think they all hate Microsoft. well then again they cant hate MS if they got a 360... hmmmm :confused:

blizzle
11-05-08, 04:28 PM
Fantastic news! I thought I was going to have to skip it since it wasn't on PC but I'll be preordering it now! Sweet!:)

crainger
11-05-08, 07:50 PM

I'd play this game on PC if I could plug my 360 pad in. Seeing as I can't I better buy a console. I prolly wont get RE5 for it, I might just get Viva Piñata.

Fuku2
11-06-08, 10:24 PM
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/55730

LordJuanlo
11-07-08, 03:43 AM
Ok, let me see if I can understand. The game has already been released only on Steam, and only for America, while european versions won't be available until february 2009. So the game will hit torrents and warez sites in a couple of days.

So developers will complain in february about the poor sales in Europe. That makes me ROFLMAO.

crainger
11-07-08, 03:48 AM
It's on Steam now?! O_o

K007
11-07-08, 04:23 AM
lmao i think he is on the wrong thread.

LordJuanlo
11-07-08, 04:41 AM
LOL I wanted to post in Silent Hill Homecoming thread, that one is on Steam :o

crainger
11-07-08, 06:57 AM
::rofl:

Maybe for you. It's banned here. ::(:

nutcrackr
11-07-08, 06:59 AM
I'm streaming this from my PC to my PSP just for the controls.

LordJuanlo
11-07-08, 07:13 AM
::rofl:

Maybe for you. It's banned here. ::(:

Not for me until february. Kudos to regional restrictions :(