PDA

View Full Version : FarCry 2 Patch Out!

jAkUp
11-05-08, 03:35 PM
Multiplayer

- Server's IP address now displays in lobby, beside the match’s name (for direct IP join to work)
- Dedicated Server can now be launched in command line.
- Improved match start conditions. Ranked games can now also start if the player max is attained and everybody but the host is ready.
- Fixed a bug causing random crashes when joining a game.
- Ranked matches in progress will no longer display in the match list.
- Fixed players with same name by using identifiers instead of names.
- Fixed crash when creating a LAN game without a network cable.
- The diamond pool is now always validated after class upgrades, reset or rank up to avoid getting more diamonds than you are supposed to for your rank.
- When creating a dedicated server with PunkBuster enabled, then close it to create another but this time with PunkBuster disabled, PunkBuster will still be considered ON, on this new server.
- Fixed a problem where a player could get stuck (and couldn’t get killed) after pressing the interaction key while wounded and getting rescued by a teammate at the same time.
- Fixed players getting disconnected if they have too many user maps and try to enter the map rotation menu in a Player or Ranked match.
- Vehicles will now always respawn even if they are never used.
- Fixed users not being able to see a match if the host switched match mode after a rank.
- Fixed a glitch that could make a player invisible to another.
- Fixed incorrect check for negative values when adjusting diamond count.
- Fixed a problem where a player would render through objects if healing a wounded playing while being wounded at the same time.
- Fixed reload not being interrupted on the host when a client picks a weapon while reloading.
- Fixed Field Manuals not unlocking after game mode change.

Singleplayer

- Fixed health not changing with the difficulty level.
- Keyboard controls remapping in single mode now carry into multiplayer mode.
-A buddy will no longer get stuck when healing him while player is receiving damage.
- Stats of favourite weapon are now properly reset between loaded save games.
- The mortar will no longer move the player through wall.
- Mission objectives markers are now show properly after loading a save game.

General

- Fixed glider key remapping.
- Game will now minimize in order to show the website when clicking on ubi.com.
- Dolby 5.1 is now supported for most sound cards.
- Fixed a random crash that could happen when pressing ESC to cancel a Benchmark run.
- Added CPU Intensive benchmark test run.
- Fixed Jackal Tapes and Partner Tapes pages.

Map editor

- Fixed crash in editor when deleting many objects in very rapid succession.
- Fixed crash in editor during parsing of the map headers.

crainger
11-05-08, 03:36 PM
I just finished it! ::(:

JaxMacFL
11-05-08, 04:00 PM
Link:

http://www.ubi.com/US/Downloads/Info.aspx?dlId=2582

six_storm
11-05-08, 04:35 PM
I'm too hooked to Fallout 3 to play FC2 . . . AND the L4D demo comes out tomorrow. Looks like I'll start this back up around Christmas time.

ATi
11-05-08, 06:28 PM
the Fov hack stopped working

lee63
11-05-08, 06:39 PM
the Fov hack stopped working
Is the FOV fixed with this patch ? I cant play right now :(

crainger
11-05-08, 06:47 PM
I'm too hooked to Fallout 3 to play FC2 . . . AND the L4D demo comes out tomorrow. Looks like I'll start this back up around Christmas time.

Don't bother with L4D. What a stinker. ::(:

lee63
11-05-08, 07:06 PM
Don't bother with L4D. What a stinker. ::(:Really ? bummer :thumbdwn:

lee63
11-05-08, 07:14 PM
Those idiots http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1521068375/m/4161024207 now I cant even use the FOV hack, how do you unload this dumb patch ? Kinda tired of driving around in circles anyway

Bman212121
11-05-08, 08:23 PM
Heh, that thread's getting locked soon. Don't worry about the FOV hack, it probably won't take long to fix. Would be nice if they allowed HOR+ but chances aren't good IMO if they didn't do it to begin with.

- Dedicated Server can now be launched in command line.

Maybe this means I can actually run the dedicated server on a server now...

WeReWoLf
11-05-08, 08:31 PM
Still waiting for a Racer_S fix to come out for the patch, seeing as Ubisoft won't do it.

Mike89
11-05-08, 09:52 PM
To tell the truth, I don't even care about a patch (unless it really went in and fixed the things I don't like, which I don't expect will happen). Since I got Fallout 3 and Dead Space, FC2 has been put on the back burner (as it wasn't particularly tickling my fancy to begin with). Have to get in the mood again to play it. Even though I've played Far Cry a gazillion times, I still enjoy playing it more than I do Far Cry 2.

sl0ppy_sec0nds
11-05-08, 10:00 PM
I never get excited about Ubisoft's patches. Their patches always address issues that are unheard of. Maybe a 1 or 2 fixes for petty issues, but most of them just seem to be made up for the sake of pretending to show support.

Sobbsy
11-05-08, 10:15 PM
I just finished it! ::(:

No biggy, this patch doesn't fix anything that anyone anywhere ever wanted fixed anyway. ie; it's beyond ****ing pointless.

crainger
11-05-08, 10:19 PM
No biggy, this patch doesn't fix anything that anyone anywhere ever wanted fixed anyway. ie; it's beyond ****ing pointless.

What about the 5.1 Dolby nonsense. What is that? I already have surround. Was it only 4.1 before? Is it for people with DDL. Which I now do.

nekrosoft13
11-05-08, 11:20 PM
it was 5.05 before :|

nutcrackr
11-06-08, 12:20 AM
Damn I was hoping for "Added slider to adjust time for enemies to respawn at checkpoints"

:(