PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed 4 Vista Edition

RejZoR
11-05-08, 07:57 PM
http://shrani.si/f/3T/3u/33Dzqgl2/needforspeed4highstakes.jpg

Here it is, finally the proper Need for Speed 4: High Stakes Vista Patch that i've been working on for a very long time. Thats right, you will be able to play Need for Speed High Stakes on Windows XP and Windows Vista (32bit or 64bit). And thats not all, this patch package also includes official NFS4 patch v4.50, High Poly Patch and updated Direct3D game engine. Everything you need for best racing experience.
Parts of this patch were made by Martin Leps (High Poly fix) and RunR (the actual compatibility SDB module).

Btw, when you run the game you have to click "Cancel" on the file integrity check screen and click Back button several times until you reach main menu. It takes some time to start the game and there is no intro video, but you can enjoy everything else just the same as you did when the game was released back in 1999.

PATCH REQUIREMENTS:
- Windows XP or Vista (32bit & 64bit)
- properly installed retail Need for Speed 4: High Stakes game (english version)

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.rejzor.tk
http://my.opera.com/rejzor/blog/need-for-speed-4-vista-edition

sMull
11-05-08, 10:23 PM
You're my hero! High Stakes is my all time favorite, followed by NFS Underground 1 :D

Btw you say no intro, what about the ingame clips and music?

crainger
11-05-08, 10:32 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG

OMG

Now do Porsche! Or does it already work? ::bleh::

Phyxion
11-06-08, 12:23 AM
You're my hero! High Stakes is my all time favorite, followed by NFS Underground 1 :D

Btw you say no intro, what about the ingame clips and music?

high stakes is crap. Porsche 2000/Unleashed owns them all. Hell, I would love playing Porsche 2000 again but also refuses to work on Vista.

crainger
11-06-08, 12:52 AM
High Stakes is awesome. As is Porsche. Both are based on the same engine. Though High Stakes is a lot more arcadey.

RejZoR
11-06-08, 02:35 AM
I thought only intro video is not playing but now i see even idle videos aren't working either. I see no reason for that than the fact that game cannot detect idle time properly on Vista. Can anyone with Windows XP check this for me? Just run the game, select Single Player and lets say Hot Pursuit. Then leave the game to idle for some time.
Some video should start rolling soon. I hope...

EDIT:
For some reason even idle videos are not workng in VirtualPC. They just never start. Grrrr. It seems onlince component doesn't even try to play videos when idling :(

[EOCF] Tim
11-06-08, 05:01 AM
Thank you so so much, I'm just downloading Alchemy, and I'm so stoked, really exited now. I still kept my EA Games collection box, which has got Porsche 2000, Road challenge (Euro) and NFS III! So glad I kept them, I haven't played NFSIII for almost a decade!

Viral
11-06-08, 05:05 AM
Porsche Unleashed is the best NFS ever and I'm not even a big fan of Porsches. It's just THAT good.

CaptNKILL
11-06-08, 08:47 AM
This is a great game. :)

ndmrpwr
11-06-08, 10:53 PM
Thanks a bunch!! This game is much better with my g25 than it was with my wingman extreme 3d stick.:p:D Again mucho thank you!

sMull
11-20-08, 07:19 PM
I thought only intro video is not playing but now i see even idle videos aren't working either. I see no reason for that than the fact that game cannot detect idle time properly on Vista. Can anyone with Windows XP check this for me? (

How long do i have to wait. I let it stand for 2-3 minutes and nothing happened. I remember those videos but no big deal if they don't work. Everything else is perfect, and unlike NFS3 the menus are in good order and not mixed up.

As for the intros, they don't work if you have AA/AF enabled. If you want to see them disable those, at least that's how it is for me.

nekrosoft13
11-20-08, 08:43 PM
Now do Porsche! Or does it already work? ::bleh::

only NFS that matters ;)

XDanger
11-21-08, 04:34 AM
People sell patches like this on ebay , Cudos for giving it away for free.