PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead Feedback Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

KasuCode
11-06-08, 01:06 PM
Wow was pretty suprized game game is quite intense. Ive only played for 2 hours (time for work) but so far I cant wait to get back home and play more. Ive also only played single player so far.

I was surprised by the game visually too. Caracters look just like the trailer. Very fun game Cant wait for the 18th.

Snake101st
11-06-08, 01:30 PM
Why are there not more posts in this thread?

My LAN buddies and I made the most difficult promise to keep ever... we said we want to keep it fresh and not play until the LAN saturday... ITS KILLING ME!

Are you able to pick which character you are? I heard you can't, but hopefully that's wrong; it would make it easier to stick with characters so you can associate him/her with your friend youre playing with.

Destroy
11-06-08, 01:38 PM
Need more pics and feedback. Where is everyone?

Shacknews is hit or miss. Some totally love it, others are disappointed but can't explain why? :thumbdwn:

Wanna hear what sets this game apart or makes it stand out. Simply having tons of sick human looking AI rush attacking you while moaning does not a great game make.

This like Serious Sam with zombies or what?

http://i34.tinypic.com/vgsleq.jpg

arioch21
11-06-08, 03:48 PM
oops, double post.

arioch21
11-06-08, 03:50 PM
Need more pics and feedback. Where is everyone?

Stuck at work :p

|MaguS|
11-06-08, 03:53 PM
The game is awsome, it really is CS with Zombies. It's fast paced action, it really can be chaotic. My only concern is that its alittle easy. It could be the level that the demo is on. Only thing I would do is add an iron sight zoom, I don't like that you can't zoom at all.

bacon12
11-06-08, 04:00 PM
I agree with you and have been hoping they would add in down the sight aiming for all their games. It is so much more realistic than always shooting form the hip.

GitDat
11-06-08, 06:02 PM
AWESOME!! Now I know what Will Smith felt like in "I Am Legend" :D 60 fps min constant too.. egggcelleennttt....

six_storm
11-06-08, 06:09 PM
Just got home on a real gaming PC (my work PC sucks) so it's decrypting the files and updating as we speak. Can't wait to play with some other people, the AI survivors are a little too good sometimes lol.

aceflier
11-06-08, 06:26 PM
Had a problem with the game crashing at the beginning of the single player campaign I alt tab back in now its fine after 2 other play throughs. I downclocked my cpu thinking it was causing it. :headexplode:

2 words for this game so far F'kin Awesome!!!

six_storm
11-06-08, 06:46 PM
Valve released this a little early IMO. I tried joining other people in Matchmaking and it kicks me out every time! WTF Valve?

Anyways, I've been playing on Expert difficulty and it's a nice challenge. Still haven't made it to the first checkpoint on that lol.

GitDat
11-06-08, 07:03 PM
Iron sites is a must for this game. I can't believe they left it out. It'd be perfect for the "relaxing" semi-distant zombies :headexplode:

|MaguS|
11-06-08, 07:35 PM
Me and Six are trying to play online but man is the demo a pain to set up for MP... it doesn't play nice at all.

aceflier
11-06-08, 07:59 PM
L4Dead is really using my quad core to its near max looks like valve finally got there act together with multi core. (popcorn)

GitDat
11-06-08, 08:01 PM
I haven't felt this kind of suspense playing a game since F.E.A.R. :eek: Except it's F.E.A.R. on steroids, lol.

DeusGear
11-06-08, 09:15 PM
Love the gamplay but the matchmaking system is absolute ****.

GitDat
11-06-08, 09:27 PM
I'm not used to not being able to spray bullets everywhere. I keep shooting my teammates :rw:

six_storm
11-06-08, 11:48 PM
magus and I played about 4 rounds back to back, such a FUN game. There were a few times I jumped ahead too quick and paid for it lol (hunters and smokers were around a lot of those corners).

The matchmaking system is ridiculous, I hate that Valve thought it was ok to release the demo in it's condition. magus and I found out that there aren't any "expert" dedicated servers, but "advanced" works pretty nicely. Really hope there is an update released soon . . . and very soon.

So who all here has access to the demo right now? Anybody gonna get online to play tomorrow night?

aceflier
11-07-08, 12:21 AM
magus and I played about 4 rounds back to back, such a FUN game. There were a few times I jumped ahead too quick and paid for it lol (hunters and smokers were around a lot of those corners).

The matchmaking system is ridiculous, I hate that Valve thought it was ok to release the demo in it's condition. magus and I found out that there aren't any "expert" dedicated servers, but "advanced" works pretty nicely. Really hope there is an update released soon . . . and very soon.

So who all here has access to the demo right now? Anybody gonna get online to play tomorrow night?

There has been a patch released and it plays alot better with it, Expert servers working fine here. Also, I still get the occasional freeze but alt_Tab back in fixes it.

KasuCode
11-07-08, 12:23 AM
They fixed the password problem with ded servers. I have one up and running now.

jAkUp
11-07-08, 02:27 AM
1920x1200 16x/16x

BioHazZarD
11-07-08, 06:07 AM
Very fun game, only played the sp part first and its really fun and graphics is better then i expected a must buy.

six_storm
11-07-08, 07:12 AM
1920x1200 16x/16x

How you like it jAkUp?

blizzle
11-07-08, 09:50 AM
Wow, this game is simply awesome. I've been waiting for a polished coop zombie game like this for a long time! The only complaints I have is the no iron sight zoom and matchmaking system. Otherwise this looks to be my GOTY!

CaptNKILL
11-07-08, 10:02 AM
Here is what the update fixes.

# Fixed several issues with matchmaking and password protected servers
# Tuned matchmaking to provide better search results
# Fixed bug where servers could stay reserved by matchmaking forever
# Performance optimizations and fixes to networking layer
# Fixed issue where game could cause Steam executable to use too much CPU
# Fixed music resetting when changing video settings
# Fixed some issues with not being able to chat and/or connect to other users

In addition to those, we've also added some early features to help enable "private" servers. There are two ways to enable this:

Set a sv_search_key to a unique string on the server
Do the same on each client that will want to connect
Start a map on the server
Searches for games should be restricted to only finding servers with that search key

Or...

Set sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0
Set sv_password to a non-empty string
Start a map on the server
Tell the client the IP address of the server
Client uses console to "connect " just like the good old days
Should result in password prompt during connect to server

These features are still a work in progress.