PDA

View Full Version : MGS4 Demo on PSN

JaylumX
11-06-08, 03:58 PM
For those of us new to the Sony console (like me) here is an opportunity to try the demo of the game. I'm Dl'ing now and will let you know my impressions.

Mr. Hunt
11-06-08, 08:08 PM
I have the game... but I am interested in what part of the game the demo is from... probably the first act.

npras42
11-06-08, 08:30 PM
I was thinking the same. Not exactly the kind of game you'd want a spoiler for.

crainger
11-06-08, 09:16 PM
How big is it? O_o.

I too have the game already, wonder why they decided to release the demo now... Christmas sales?

NaitoSan
11-07-08, 12:39 AM
Haha yeah I was wondering why so late... but probably trying to sell more copies during holiday with new PS3 owners.

JaylumX
11-07-08, 01:06 AM
How big is it? O_o.

I too have the game already, wonder why they decided to release the demo now... Christmas sales?

1.3 gigs.

Had a quick play through last night before bed. I haven't made up my mind yet as i need to really sit down and play....no chance of that happening for a while since my Gears2 will arrive today.

crainger
11-07-08, 01:44 AM
Haha yeah I was wondering why so late... but probably trying to sell more copies during holiday with new PS3 owners.

They should just sell PC3s with the whole game. It really is a must own, even if you don't really like the series.

I like the idea and the tech, but the story is so terribly done. Then again all Japanese modern military thrillers are.

EDIT: PC3s? I'm working too hard...

NaitoSan
11-07-08, 10:59 AM
I believe there are some bundles with MGS4 left but yeah they should MGS4 is one of best games around. I hate seeing Snake getting old. :(

(hahaha about PC3s)

NarcissistZero
11-15-08, 07:43 AM
I tried the demo. It looks good, but it's too....I dunno....japesque for my taste. I'll pass.

Yeah... I own the game, and the other 3 in the series, but I have never really loved them. The gameplay can be quite clunky and the hours upon hours of cutscenes get annoying, and as you say, can be VERY Japanese, which is not my thing really... I don't like anime or manga... I like very few JRPGs... etc., etc..

FearMeAll
11-15-08, 08:48 AM
I watched a friend play this game from the beginning and beat it. We loved the game but damn,..at the end of it I felt exhausted and I wasn't even playing it. Big fan of the series, but good grief, show some moderation with the cutscenes! I will never play it myself because I don't think I can endure that again. It was worth it to play through once, but I don't know how the heck people do it a second or third time.

ralinn
11-15-08, 09:15 AM
I watched a friend play this game from the beginning and beat it. We loved the game but damn,..at the end of it I felt exhausted and I wasn't even playing it. Big fan of the series, but good grief, show some moderation with the cutscenes! I will never play it myself because I don't think I can endure that again. It was worth it to play through once, but I don't know how the heck people do it a second or third time.

I've played it through several times to unlock as much as possible. Thankfully the cutscenes are skippable :) shortens playtime by a heck of a lot too!

Mr. Hunt
11-15-08, 01:42 PM

Different strokes for different folks... I ended up playing through it about 8 times, and I will probably go back and play it some more eventually.

EciDemon
11-17-08, 11:42 AM
9.5 hours of cutscenes and 2.5h game play :D
Popcorn and ps3 controller is not a good combo though

S.I.N
11-17-08, 11:47 AM
I believe there are some bundles with MGS4 left but yeah they should MGS4 is one of best games around. I hate seeing Snake getting old. :(

(hahaha about PC3s)

I actually think old Snake is the definitive Snake. It felt like that's who the character should have always been. I really cant imagine him going back to a younger form. That said I think MGS4 was probably the worse one.:o

EciDemon
11-17-08, 11:49 AM
-deleted- hehe

Grechie
11-17-08, 04:25 PM
what part of mgs4 is in the demo?

FearMeAll
11-23-08, 07:42 PM
I actually think old Snake is the definitive Snake. It felt like that's who the character should have always been. I really cant imagine him going back to a younger form. That said I think MGS4 was probably the worse one.:o

my buddy kept putting on the young snake mask in the game cuz we wanted it to feel a little more like MGS3. aaahh...that was a good game.

fizzelopeguss
11-23-08, 08:08 PM
Seems pretty good, but framerate plummeted near the end of the demo with the shootout with the flying robots, pmc's and rebels.