PDA

View Full Version : Configuring 3 monitors for FSX

Geewiz
11-06-08, 10:06 PM
Greetings all:
I'm setting up a FSX sim-pit that currently has the following configuration...
XFX nForce 680i motherboard with Core 2 Quad Q6700 cpu.
XFX GeForce 9600 GT 512MB PCIe w/Dual Link DVI

I have one 22" Samsung monitor display for the center/forward ****pit view, and have the 19" Acer display angled to the left giving me a left-hand wing view from the pilot's seat. The two monitors provide about a 120 degree field of view from the left wing view. I'm using independent view windows on each monitor - not spanning the monitors.

I want to add a third monitor on the right, which will provide a true 180 degree vision field.

The 9600 GT drives both monitors.

Question: would adding a second 9600 GT allow me to drive the third monitor, on which to open a 3rd FSX view window, giving me independent control so that I can open a ****pit window view looking out over the right wing?

I've also been looking at the Matrox Triple-head, but it appears that will simply span a single view across 3 monitors and, from what I can see, looks like it will only provide about a 120 degree field of view, centered forward.

Thanks for any advice.

rage10
11-09-08, 05:04 PM
yes.

XDanger
11-09-08, 05:39 PM
But not in Vista.

rage10
11-09-08, 06:18 PM
why not?

XDanger
11-11-08, 04:13 PM
From NVidia
"Q: Are there Control Panel features that were available under Windows XP that are no longer available on Windows Vista?
A. There are some Windows XP features that will no longer be available on Windows Vista due to changes in the core operating system. These features are:

* Horizontal and Vertical desktop span multi-monitor modes (note: Dual View and Clone mode display options are still available)
* NVKeystone display correction
* Full screen video mirror
* Video zoom"