PDA

View Full Version : ***Official Gears of War 2 Thread***

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

EciDemon
11-07-08, 03:45 AM
Release today!

I asked my brother to go pick it up today while I'm at work so it's still a few hours away.
Will give my impressions on coop once we have played it.

I do hope the campaign is longer then in the first game

JaylumX
11-07-08, 05:49 AM
I can't wait. I have a long weekedn (I have Monday off) so i'm gonna put this game through its paces. Like the first one, i'm gonna start on the highest difficulty available (yes i like punishment). Can't wait as i still have 6 more hours of work.

EciDemon
11-07-08, 05:53 AM
3 more hours for me *lol*
I'm also going with the hardest available difficulty, I bet there's an insane mode to unlock too :)

Still no one with the game to share some thoughts?

kev13dd
11-07-08, 06:31 AM
I really liked Gears 1, and the multiplayer was fun, but after a singleplayer run through and a COOP play through it never really did much except sit in my pile of games

I'm hoping Gears 2 will be different. I pre-ordered it through CC with the "free 1600 MS points" deal. Feel like I'm getting the game for $40! Just gotta wait a week to get it =(

K

NaitoSan
11-07-08, 12:01 PM
I'm expecting it next week. :( But I'm keeping myself busy playing The Darkness. Man, what a great game.

Buenamos
11-07-08, 12:37 PM
This game is amazing. Played through the campaign on hard and absolutely loved it. Actually, I'll take that back. There was one or two missions towards the end that I wasn't much of a fan of but I don't want to spoil anything. And those missions are hardly negligible in comparison to how good the rest of the game was.

BTW, this game easily has some of the most incredible graphics I've ever seen in a game. The game is just littered with spectacular artwork around every single corner. It's simply stunning.

JaylumX
11-07-08, 12:47 PM
This game is amazing. Played through the campaign on hard and absolutely loved it. Actually, I'll take that back. There was one or two missions towards the end that I wasn't much of a fan of but I don't want to spoil anything. And those missions are hardly negligible in comparison to how good the rest of the game was.

BTW, this game easily has some of the most incredible graphics I've ever seen in a game. The game is just littered with spectacular artwork around every single corner. It's simply stunning.

That is good to hear. I'm home from work and my copy of the game ready for me to rumble. Good thing to cause i completed Uncharted on the PS3 a couple of day ago....just in time huh.

Lyme
11-07-08, 01:06 PM
Bought it last night, going to give it a go in a bit.

ClosetFanBoy
11-07-08, 02:48 PM
Gotta wait till the end of the month to get this. :( Just blazed a bunch of money on this cash cow PC...

Cant wait tho, one of THEE most anticipated games for me in a long time. ;)

JaylumX
11-07-08, 03:31 PM
Anyone notice how Don looks like Cliffy B...even down to the dodgy earring on the right ear. Was that intentional i wonder?

Ardoreal
11-07-08, 06:40 PM
Campaign is way longer in this one. Vehicle section is also way better too. Centaur pwnz.

Lyme
11-09-08, 02:52 AM
Great single player game, much better story than Gow1. Graphics were really good with very few issues. Only a few non game breaking bugs. I liked the few new creatures, and the *ahem* vehicle parts were really cool, and more than just motorized stuff.

note: there is a very small teaser at the end of the credits for the final episode in the trilogy.

JaylumX
11-09-08, 05:32 AM
Great single player game, much better story than Gow1. Graphics were really good with very few issues. Only a few non game breaking bugs. I liked the few new creatures, and the *ahem* vehicle parts were really cool, and more than just motorized stuff.

note: there is a very small teaser at the end of the credits for the final episode in the trilogy.

Why.....why.....WHYYYYYYY :thumbdwn:

I wanted to find that out myself (and i'm sure a lot of other people).

Bokishi
11-09-08, 05:41 AM
Yeah these graphics are great

ViN86
11-09-08, 09:48 AM
i didnt even know this launched. i dont plan to pick it up until Christmas break, so ill be checkin this thread regularly to see how ppl like it.

ill sticky it ;)

Lyme
11-09-08, 12:00 PM
Why.....why.....WHYYYYYYY :thumbdwn:

I wanted to find that out myself (and i'm sure a lot of other people).

Oh come on, Epic announced at the time of GOW1 that it was a trilogy. All I've done is simply tell you it is worth while waiting through all the credits (and there are a lot of credits). It isn't like I told you what happened in the trailer, or what I think it means.

Yes, there is quite a bit more plot in this game. I really liked the collectibles.

saturnotaku
11-09-08, 04:57 PM
I was at a friend's place this weekend, where we rented it. Played the whole campaign over the course of the weekend. I really like how much more they developed Dom's character, and the story flowed quite well.

The level where you're fighting inside the giant worm was brilliant, and probably the most disgusting I've ever played in any video game.

We played Horde online with some other friends of ours, and that was a ton of fun. I'm not going to run out and buy another 360 for this, but it was quite enjoyable for the amount of time we put into it.

Lyme
11-09-08, 05:05 PM
Di Maggio is the voice actor for Marcus Fenix, and also for Bender off Futurama.

oh wait, that isn't a spoiler.

crainger
11-09-08, 11:23 PM
He is also Eeyore, General Grevious and Smiling Jack. Although this time he is far less Eeyore and more Smiling Jack. Way more Jack.

Toss3
11-10-08, 07:57 AM
Played through the game with my friend this weekend and was very positively surprised! The game offers a lot of variation from the usual "run here shoot this" type of gameplay and it never got tedious or boring. Ran into a couple of glitches(got stuck so that I couldn't move), but nothing major that would have affected my overall enjoyment. The story is the weakest part of the game though, which is a shame really as I think the whole world in which the game is set seems pretty interesting. Some cutscenes of the first attacks would have been nice and some more insight of the lead characters wouldn't have hurt either.

Still, this is one of the best games of this year no doubt! :cool:

EciDemon
11-10-08, 12:21 PM
Me and my brother played the game over the weekend and I'm impressed.
Music is way better, environments are much bigger and you feel part of an epic battle. It's going to be hard to make a third game better as you feel you have done anything you can do in an Fps.

I do think textures had to suffer a bit in place for the big environments. I recall it to be more detail texture layers in the first game. Character textures and models are better though.

I played the game from the hdd with the nxe preview, no problems there but you still get a loading screen from time to time, first game was more seamless (not counting retry from checkpoints)

Oh and Horde mode roxx!

trivium nate
11-10-08, 12:22 PM
i love this game!!!!!

Severian126
11-10-08, 01:17 PM
Currently playing it with my brother. AWESOME GAME! We're having a blast! It's such a great co-op game. In fact, I have no desire to play it alone. I only pick up the game when we both have free time to play. So far we're in the beginning of Act 2. Act 1 took a LOOONG time to finish (for us at least, because I keep going gung ho and getting my ass handed to me), but what a ride so far. Loving it!

EciDemon
11-11-08, 04:38 AM
Currently playing it with my brother. AWESOME GAME! We're having a blast! It's such a great co-op game. In fact, I have no desire to play it alone. I only pick up the game when we both have free time to play. So far we're in the beginning of Act 2. Act 1 took a LOOONG time to finish (for us at least, because I keep going gung ho and getting my ass handed to me), but what a ride so far. Loving it!

You two should try Horde mode after you have finished the game.
Me and my brother had such a blast, it gets pretty fast and hard after a while so you have to be strategic and quick about it :)

Severian126
11-13-08, 12:26 PM
You two should try Horde mode after you have finished the game.
Me and my brother had such a blast, it gets pretty fast and hard after a while so you have to be strategic and quick about it :)

Ya been meaning to try that. :)

Actually tried connecting to the mode on LIVE, and for some reason, I have yet been able to join an multi player game yet in Gears 2. Anyone having problems as well?