View Full Version : Infinity Ward's Community Manager RAGES at Activision

Pages : [1] 2

evox
11-08-08, 03:14 AM
http://www.fourzerotwo.com/2008/11/07/noah-heller-stop-doing-interviews/

Hilarious read. :lol:

Mr. Hunt
11-08-08, 03:53 AM
That is great... truly a sign that CoD5 is going to suck nuts.

nutcrackr
11-08-08, 05:23 AM
I have a feeling this has got to be fake to generate extra news. No community manager would get away with this.

K007
11-08-08, 07:17 AM
CoD5 is bad anyway -.-...

evox
11-08-08, 07:58 AM
I disagree with all the CoD5 haters. Just because Treyarch developed it doesn't automatically means the game will suck or be sub-par. Of all the things, emotionally getting attached to a game developer and/or setting is ridiculous. If anything, the SFX/gore and weapon implementation in CoD5 are heads above what they were in CoD4. Will definitely be picking this up.

Lfctony
11-08-08, 08:14 AM
Well, the game is good. It's being bought when its officially out.

Burnt_Ram
11-08-08, 08:23 AM
im enjoying the MP beta. im really looking forward to SP. hope it's good. Treyarch did a good job on COD United Offensive, so i'm feeling good about the game as a whole.

Retrolock
11-08-08, 08:45 AM
cod:uo was a very good/excellent sequel to cod... tanks and vehicle warfare ftw. cod2 had no vehicles, that was a big let down imo.

there were no tank battles in COD2? I think i remember there was one.

Oh ****, there are too many COD i cant seem to remember :headexplode:

K007
11-08-08, 10:10 AM
I disagree with all the CoD5 haters. Just because Treyarch developed it doesn't automatically means the game will suck or be sub-par. Of all the things, emotionally getting attached to a game developer and/or setting is ridiculous. If anything, the SFX/gore and weapon implementation in CoD5 are heads above what they were in CoD4. Will definitely be picking this up.

Played it, thought the decapitation stuff was pretty cool, the profile system is miles ahead of cod4..the gameplay and atmosphere is ok. Will i dish out $100+AUD on it...not a chance. If it was a mod i would get it and play it..but it plays like a good mod thats it, and i ain't gonna waste $100+ on it, and the price is most likely gonna be $110+ with the recent $ value going down as well.

evox
11-08-08, 10:33 AM
Played it, thought the decapitation stuff was pretty cool, the profile system is miles ahead of cod4..the gameplay and atmosphere is ok. Will i dish out $100+AUD on it...not a chance. If it was a mod i would get it and play it..but it plays like a good mod thats it, and i ain't gonna waste $100+ on it, and the price is most likely gonna be $110+ with the recent $ value going down as well.
Well, that's not really the game's fault. Criticising a game for its high pricing in your region is a bit dumb...

Bman212121
11-08-08, 10:45 AM

I know that they are going to be getting a little assistance from people in the modding community to try to iron out some of the issues with mods. Even if you don't care for the game stock it's very possible this game will have better mod tools and support than previous COD games.

Logical
11-08-08, 10:48 AM
Play cod5 for a few days and then go back to cod4.

Sorry to say that cod5 multiplayer is pathetic compared to cod4.

Weapon sounds although authentic to the times are very poor, animation is bad, weapon balance is terrible, levels are badly designed, tanks are ghey, the added perks are pathetic, player damage is a mess.....

CoD4 is far better than this garbage. You think that because limbs come off in explosions and that there is swearing in the game it makes for a good game? lol

I will NOT be buying this POS game, I said it before it came out and ill say it again CoD5 = Epic phail

evox
11-08-08, 11:34 AM
Play cod5 for a few days and then go back to cod4.

Sorry to say that cod5 multiplayer is pathetic compared to cod4.

Weapon sounds although authentic to the times are very poor, animation is bad, weapon balance is terrible, levels are badly designed, tanks are ghey, the added perks are pathetic, player damage is a mess.....

CoD4 is far better than this garbage. You think that because limbs come off in explosions and that there is swearing in the game it makes for a good game? lol

I will NOT be buying this POS game, I said it before it came out and ill say it again CoD5 = Epic phail

Cry me a river.

K007
11-08-08, 12:00 PM
Well, that's not really the game's fault. Criticising a game for its high pricing in your region is a bit dumb...

:headexplode:...

The price is going to be standard for any game that will come out here. Hmmm...pay top $ for a mod or buy a brand new game...

I rather spent that money on the new Prince of Persia ><.

Logical
11-08-08, 12:15 PM
Cry me a river.

Is that the best reply you could come up with....very intellectual. :cool:

Fact is CoD:WaW multiplayer is not a patch on cod4, sorry if this does upset you but its the truth and seeing as all Treyarch did was take Infinity Wards game, manage to make the optimisation worse, stick a WW2 theme on top of it and say "ok we realise this game is poor...modders see what you can do with the tools we have to offer".

Open your eyes evox this is a step back from cod4.......

evox
11-08-08, 12:25 PM
Is that the best reply you could come up with....very intellectual. :cool:
Well, since you already landed a judgment on the title, why should I feel compelled to defy it? We, afterall, are entitled to our own opinions.

The only thing your post proved was that you were crapping on the game because it wasn't CoD4. And really, I don't blame you for it -- it's human nature to feel safe with something that you've spent such a great deal of time with. I personally don't think the weapons are unbalanced or the hit-detection is crap. Infact, I think the hit-detection has improved quite a bit since CoD4, but that's just me.

Level design is pretty good and I personally love Roundhouse. Tanks, despite being tanks, are quite balanced. Animation is fluid and realistic. As for Perks, I haven't progressed enough to comment on them.

CoD5 is not the second coming of Christ, and that's fine with me. You set unearthly high expectations for a title and then ***** about when it doesn't deliver all that. I don't get it.

You expect an intellectual response to a dumb post? Well, here you go.

evox
11-08-08, 12:28 PM
FYI, I would like to add that I personally love Call of Duty 1/2 more than 4. Just so people don't get the idea that I am defending IW. I don't defend/cheer any developer. I am a bandwagon Gamer and whoever gets a good game out, I'll cheer for him. I think thats how everyone should be.

Logical
11-08-08, 01:16 PM
I expected cod5 to be an improvement on cod4..but it isn't.

No need to slate my post on the reasons i gave on why i think it isnt better. I did indeed spend a lot of time on cod4...over 1000 hours of competitive play, however i am now bored of cod4 and was hoping cod5 would replace it but sadly it doesnt, hence my frustration at Treyarch.

Atm im enjoying playing dead space, fallout3 and witcher enhanced edition. I dont have time for cod4 and i wont be wasting money on cod5 either.

Mr. Hunt
11-08-08, 01:37 PM

It isn't because it isn't IW... it is because it IS Treyarch... CoD3 sucked so freaking bad it was ridiculous.

Logical
11-08-08, 01:49 PM
Lol well thats one way of looking at it, you only have to see the direness of Quantum of Solace to realise Treyarch suck bad and couldnt make a AAA title if they had one handed to them on a plate...oh wait they did and still managed to make a mess of it.

ClosetFanBoy
11-08-08, 08:36 PM
im enjoying the MP beta. im really looking forward to SP. hope it's good. Treyarch did a good job on COD United Offensive, so i'm feeling good about the game as a whole.

I thought Gray Matter did United Offensive? COD:UO was my fav of the series up until Modern Warfare. I think COD 5 looks promising tho. And if the MP is anything like Warfare that will be fun to beat up for awhile. :D

K007
11-08-08, 11:31 PM
COD5 is like BF2142. I think that sums it up.

Its like Crysis and Crysis Warhead...atleast Crysis looked great in the first place, Warhead was an expansion, but the cost was really low, and at the sametime they really added good value to it as well by improving the game and adding better multiplayer mode.

Burnt_Ram
11-09-08, 10:32 AM
I thought Gray Matter did United Offensive? COD:UO was my fav of the series up until Modern Warfare. I think COD 5 looks promising tho. And if the MP is anything like Warfare that will be fun to beat up for awhile. :Dyou know, i think you just might be right about Grey Matter! my bad

Logical
11-09-08, 10:58 AM
I thought grey matter later became Treyarch. xD

evox
11-09-08, 11:40 AM
I thought grey matter later became Treyarch. xD
It did. Both companies (Gray Matter and Treyarch) merged in 2004.

In 2004, after completing Call of Duty: United Offensive, Gray Matter Interactive, who also developed Return to Castle Wolfenstein, joined forces with Treyarch.