PDA

View Full Version : Mirror's Edge....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Koko56
11-08-08, 01:07 PM
Just looking forward to this game - the trailers are rather awesome... it's a shame that it only gets released on the PC in January or so.

HD Launch trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42454.html?type=)

Official website (http://www.mirrorsedge.com/)

Destroy
11-08-08, 01:10 PM
Will wait for PC version. This game demands heavy anti-aliasing.

Koko56
11-08-08, 01:22 PM
Yeah I picked up on that after lurking a bit. I only have the PC... so I have little choice! :D

Maybe even if I had a 360/PS3 I would probably try to wait for the PC release.

EDIT: I wonder if guying a 360 controller would be good for this game? Hmmmm

Koko56
11-08-08, 01:33 PM
With Mirror's Edge that can easily downgrade the gaming experience. The graphical style looks very clean and almost pure... and jaggies... there... :(

jAkUp
11-08-08, 01:37 PM
The 360 version looks great, this game is awesome. I will pick up the PC version.

breathemetal
11-08-08, 01:58 PM
This game does look pretty wicked.

crainger
11-08-08, 03:10 PM
Windows Mobile 6.1 version gor me.

Lfctony
11-08-08, 03:49 PM
Absolutely unacceptable that it's released in March for Europe for the PC. Picking up the PS3 version next week...

JaylumX
11-08-08, 03:56 PM
I'll be getting the 360 version as well.

ralinn
11-08-08, 04:03 PM
Absolutely unacceptable that it's released in March for Europe for the PC. Picking up the PS3 version next week...

Well I wouldn't go that far, but yeah it's annoying :)

bob saget
11-08-08, 04:09 PM
just saw the commercial, looked sick.

Koko56
11-08-08, 04:15 PM

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Lfctony
11-08-08, 04:22 PM
Well I wouldn't go that far, but yeah it's annoying :)

What do you mean you wouldn't go that far? Wait another four months for a game that is already available on consoles? Play.com already has it in stock and everyone will have it next week... And then they go on and on why the PC is dead...

ralinn
11-08-08, 04:35 PM
Well it takes a lot of effort to port a console game on to a PC. PC gamers demand a lot of graphical features, peripheral support and cast aside any game that doesn't provide them. I sometimes wonder why PC gamers complain about getting their game last, when the reason is obvious.

Because of localisation, we in Europe have to wait longer. Just the way it is.

Koko56
11-08-08, 04:46 PM
What do you mean you wouldn't go that far? Wait another four months for a game that is already available on consoles? Play.com already has it in stock and everyone will have it next week... idiotism

Well, you might not have a console? :lol:

And then they go on and on why the PC is dead...

Whaa?

Section-9
11-08-08, 04:53 PM
The game looks fantastic, can't wait to play it. (nana2)

nekrosoft13
11-09-08, 02:01 AM
The 360 version looks great, this game is awesome. I will pick up the PC version.

stop lying to yourself ;)

K007
11-09-08, 06:01 AM
indeed...

Noriega
11-09-08, 06:20 AM
F'kin Dice they made cash on PC ( BF series) and now they have pc gamers in ass

Lfctony
11-09-08, 06:48 AM
Well it takes a lot of effort to port a console game on to a PC. PC gamers demand a lot of graphical features, peripheral support and cast aside any game that doesn't provide them. I sometimes wonder why PC gamers complain about getting their game last, when the reason is obvious.

Because of localisation, we in Europe have to wait longer. Just the way it is.

That's bull and you know it. Countless games are being launched simultaneously around the world in many different languages. The US gets this game in January, while Europe needs two more months... That's just bad planning...

Lfctony
11-09-08, 06:55 AM
Well, you might not have a console? :lol:

Whaa?

Koko, I never suggested you should buy one. But if you have one, why wait 4 more months (Europe)?

Just think about it mate. How many people from Europe and the US will pick up the console version tomorrow instead of the PC one in 2-4 months' time? I'm certainly NOT waiting for the PC version... People without a console will have to wait. But the PC will lose a lot of sales because the game is out now on consoles...

Ralinn, I think it's quite obvious that they're doing what Ubi did with EndWar. Release on consoles now so that the PC won't eat into their sales... PC games are half the price in Europe compared to consoles... No wonder they're not releasing at the same time...

Fallout 3 PC - 36E - PS3/X360 - 70e
Dead Space PC - 37e - PS3/X360 - 70e
etc etc...

Koko56
11-09-08, 07:01 AM
Just think about it mate. How many people from Europe and the US will pick up the console version tomorrow instead of the PC one in 2-4 months' time? I'm certainly NOT waiting for the PC version... People without a console will have to wait. But the PC will lose a lot of sales because the game is out now on consoles...

If you are talking about people with "good" gaming PCs who also have consoles, then I don't know - ask them. If it about people who just have a PC and a console, then they would not even consider playing the game on the PC.

Lfctony
11-09-08, 07:03 AM
If you are talking about people with "good" gaming PCs who also have consoles, then I don't know - ask them.

Well, I have a very good PC and both consoles. Certain games are much more enjoyable on consoles. Like Dead Space, Assassin's Creed for example. Mirror's Edge is also a console game. I only play FPSs and strategy games on the PC now...

Mullins1060
11-09-08, 07:10 AM
I had this on pre-order for the PC since mid July, and its only in the last couple of weeks or so that the release date for the PC version has been pushed back. Its nothing to do with the fact that its taking longer to port than they thought, if that was the case they would have announced the delay months ago. The reason its releasing later on PC is because they think there are people that will pirate it for PC rather than paying for the console version.

I myself own a PS3 as well as a decent spec PC, but because of this artificial delay im just gonna skip the game completely, the only games I buy for the PS3 are ones that are exclusive to that format, the same thing has been happening with way too many multiformat releases lately, and its just unacceptable that PC gamers are treated like this.

Koko56
11-09-08, 07:35 AM
Well, I have a very good PC and both consoles. Certain games are much more enjoyable on consoles. Like Dead Space, Assassin's Creed for example. Mirror's Edge is also a console game. I only play FPSs and strategy games on the PC now...
I do understand that. Don't really know what I would've done if I had either of the consoles. Maybe would've rented the game for the console and bought it for the PC. Providing I had the money. :p

I had this on pre-order for the PC since mid July, and its only in the last couple of weeks or so that the release date for the PC version has been pushed back. Its nothing to do with the fact that its taking longer to port than they thought, if that was the case they would have announced the delay months ago. The reason its releasing later on PC is because they think there are people that will pirate it for PC rather than paying for the console version.

I myself own a PS3 as well as a decent spec PC, but because of this artificial delay im just gonna skip the game completely, the only games I buy for the PS3 are ones that are exclusive to that format, the same thing has been happening with way too many multiformat releases lately, and its just unacceptable that PC gamers are treated like this.

Skip the game? :(

EDIT: Also - if any of you are interested in the music from the trailer or just want the theme here is a link - http://mp3bunker.com/mp3-downloads/lisa-miskovsky-still-alive-remixes/

:o... (lee)? :p