PDA

View Full Version : Can't find a mouse I like... any suggestions?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jon
11-08-08, 02:56 PM
I use my PC for mostly games and I play a lot of games. I previously had the wireless logitech G9 and really liked it, but it broke after 6 months (triple clicking... theres whole threads about it). Got a new G9, broke again, got a new G9, broke again and got lobbed up wall! I don't like the style of the new wired G9 so not bothering with it.

So currently I have a razer diamondback and am sick of the dancing mouse pointer... sometimes its a rock solid mouse, other times if I try and move it in a straight line it just dances everywhere then carries on dancing when I let go of the mouse!

At the moment the razer is sitting there while I push around a Logitech LX8 I think it is... just a basic logitech laser mouse which feels slow and unresponsive compared to the razer.

I noticed quite a few new gaming mice from the likes of OCZ, Roccat. So has anyone got any ideas what I can do for a gaming mouse? Wireless would be nice... but don't care right now if its wired as long as its responsive, won't break easy and doesn't have a mind of its on.

CaptNKILL
11-08-08, 02:58 PM
I'm still using my good old MX518 and MX500 on my other computer. I love the shape and the placement of buttons.

Very reliable mice and they're fairly cheap now.

breathemetal
11-08-08, 03:05 PM
This mouse will be coming out in 2032. Its state of the art. Really. No lie.

http://www.superamir.be/files/images/First-Mouse.jpg

Koko56
11-08-08, 03:15 PM
I use my PC for mostly games and I play a lot of games. I previously had the wireless logitech G9 and really liked it, but it broke after 6 months (triple clicking... theres whole threads about it). Got a new G9, broke again, got a new G9, broke again and got lobbed up wall! I don't like the style of the new wired G9 so not bothering with it.

So currently I have a razer diamondback and am sick of the dancing mouse pointer... sometimes its a rock solid mouse, other times if I try and move it in a straight line it just dances everywhere then carries on dancing when I let go of the mouse!

At the moment the razer is sitting there while I push around a Logitech LX8 I think it is... just a basic logitech laser mouse which feels slow and unresponsive compared to the razer.

I noticed quite a few new gaming mice from the likes of OCZ, Roccat. So has anyone got any ideas what I can do for a gaming mouse? Wireless would be nice... but don't care right now if its wired as long as its responsive, won't break easy and doesn't have a mind of its on.

Yeah - recently my Copperhead moved on its own after I used my phone to control the mouse pointer via bluetooth... also, shortly afterward I got a double clicking issue with it. Had it for two years and it has proven to be an amazing mouse. Trying to RMA it but the e-mails stopped coming in. :( WTF? :/

Well, :p, now about your topic. You could walk around some shops if you want and feel some mice. Just get the one which is the most comfortable for you, as now, more or less all mice have very good tracking. Razer Deathadder is praised a lot for having very good tracking, however after having used the Copperhead for a while I did not find the Deathadder to be too comfortable (but I have not used it for more than a few minutes). I also felt Lachesis in a shop and it felt a bit flatter, and possibly smaller than the Copperhead. As it goes for actually using Lachesis, I have not used one. Currently I'm using the Logitech MX 400, which is a bit too small for me to be honest. Hoping to get some movement out of the RMA e-mails. :/

Looking at reviews after having "felt" the mice would also give you a resonable idea of what to go for. Most of this however is more or less "common sense" I guess.

extreme4377
11-08-08, 03:52 PM
I love my G7. I dont notice any lag, programmable buttons are great, and the sensitivity options are perfect for me.

bob saget
11-08-08, 04:33 PM
i would go for a G5.

Simple design, great buttons down the side, and the sensitivity switching is useful.

ATOJAR
11-08-08, 05:47 PM
Been using the G5 for a few months now its a great mouse, very responsive, light & fits in the hand very comfortably with nicely, well placed buttons .... well built mouse & i would recommend it to anybody.

http://www.komplett.ie/img/p/400/333430.jpg

Roliath
11-08-08, 05:59 PM
Unfortunately, the G7 (I had two) had the same double/triple clicking issues you faced with the G9. I have read that this issue also can affect the G5 so I opted to stray away from all three versions when I bought my Sidewinder Mouse.

I hated the way it felt when I first used it, but it really grew on me and now I am loving it.

So one vote for the Sidewinder here.

Koko56
11-08-08, 06:15 PM
So far it looks like you really have to decide for yourself, as just about all of us will recommend what we use. :p

ATOJAR
11-08-08, 06:22 PM
So far it looks like you really have to decide for yourself, as just about all of us will recommend what we use. :p

But at least he gets to see whats on offer, he may decide he likes a mouse somebody here is using. :)

XDanger
11-08-08, 06:45 PM
http://www.trust.com/_images/products/500/15401.jpg

I'd recommend this because I think it looks snazzy :)

It also has every gimmicky feature available and its comparatively cheap
I use the updated MX518 ,Its a bit high for my liking but it does ok.
I need to buy more teflon tape.

Amaury
11-08-08, 07:01 PM
Logitech MX518 or the new revised Logitech G5 if you don't mind the textured feel. And a good mousemat. I have the Icemat 2, which is tempered glass.

Koko56
11-08-08, 07:32 PM
But at least he gets to see whats on offer, he may decide he likes a mouse somebody here is using. :)

Possibly because almost every single gamin mouse will end up being listed here" :p

jAkUp
11-08-08, 08:04 PM
I have used every mouse under the sun from MX510, 518, G5, G7, Diamondback, Copperhead, Habu, Deathadder.

By far, the best mouse I have ever used is the Deathadder. Ever since I tried it I have stopped looking for the perfect mouse.

Koko56
11-08-08, 08:09 PM
I have used every mouse under the sun from MX510, 518, G5, G7, Diamondback, Copperhead, Habu, Deathadder.

By far, the best mouse I have ever used is the Deathadder. Ever since I tried it I have stopped looking for the perfect mouse.

*threadjack*

Oooooo! Did it take any time to get used to or was it good straight away?

crainger
11-08-08, 08:31 PM
I still love my MX1000. it's not a gaming mouse, but i find it's the most comfortable. It's starting to loose charge quicker and quicker though. Might get a G9 again. Will match my new G15 red.

Koko56
11-08-08, 08:49 PM
I still love my MX1000. it's not a gaming mouse, but i find it's the most comfortable. It's starting to loose charge quicker and quicker though. Might get a G9 again. Will match my new G15 red.

What time is it in Australia now? 8-9 AM?

$n][pErMan
11-08-08, 09:30 PM
Am I the only one who still uses a Microsoft Optical mouse from when they first came out? LOL. 3 buttons and a scroll wheel... works great for me and no issues in games :p If I get pissed and break it... no loss... can buy another for like $10 :)

LT.Schaffer
11-09-08, 12:24 AM
+1 for the MX518:thumbsup:

Redeemed
11-09-08, 02:10 AM
[pErMan;1839124']Am I the only one who still uses a Microsoft Optical mouse from when they first came out? LOL. 3 buttons and a scroll wheel... works great for me and no issues in games :p If I get pissed and break it... no loss... can buy another for like $10 :)

That's precisely (http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/p4_Corded-Mice_141639_Business_Supplies_1_10051_SC3:CG18:DP1 925:CL141984) what I use. :D

Bman212121
11-09-08, 02:15 AM
[pErMan;1839124']Am I the only one who still uses a Microsoft Optical mouse from when they first came out? LOL. 3 buttons and a scroll wheel... works great for me and no issues in games :p If I get pissed and break it... no loss... can buy another for like $10 :)

Probably... You'd be surprised the difference a mouse makes for a FPS. An MS optical mouse might be a decent one, but I had a generic Saitek mouse at one point. Then I bought a Logitech MX310 way back when I was playing Unreal 2003. I couldn't believe the difference changing mice did for my accuracy. It was like flipping a switch between mediocre and great. I then went to an MX1000, and then to the G5. To contradict that, I do know people who are just as good with a ball mouse as a laser, then are just freaks of nature because I sure can't be even close to accurate with a ball mouse. :lol:

I have 3 G5's and the only issue I had was the middle mouse button was acting up on one of them. I took out the little contact as I rarely use that button, and it started working fine again.

bacon12
11-09-08, 02:28 AM
Will be my next mouse purchase. I have a friend who will not shut up about how good it is.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826249020

bob saget
11-09-08, 03:31 AM
Been using the G5 for a few months now its a great mouse, very responsive, light & fits in the hand very comfortably with nicely, well placed buttons .... well built mouse & i would recommend it to anybody.

http://www.komplett.ie/img/p/400/333430.jpg

using that same one for about 8 months now, looks great. I smashed my Microsoft gaming one after a bad match of COD4 :lol: :o

Jon
11-09-08, 06:15 AM
OMG... does anyone have one of these? Are they any good?

http://www.xsreviews.co.uk/images/press/kone-top.jpg

Koko56
11-09-08, 06:36 AM
Just seen a few reviews on it - seem pretty positive.