PDA

View Full Version : NFS: Undercover

Pages : [1] 2

Amaury
11-08-08, 09:45 PM
Really nice car customization options: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42521.html

This games looks like a highly polished version of Most Wanted.

Amaury
11-08-08, 09:50 PM
Oops. I meant NFS Undercover

hirantha
11-08-08, 10:17 PM
yep i'm positive this one will be equally good as most wanted. cant wait!!!

WeReWoLf
11-08-08, 10:25 PM
Game looks good, guy who was showing off was weird.

hemmy
11-08-08, 10:39 PM
Yeah if it is atleast as good as NFSMW I will be buying it

I really hope if there is any "auto catch-up" it can be turned off though, I hated that, no matter how much faster you were they would always catch you

RejZoR
11-09-08, 03:38 AM
Game looks good, guy who was showing off was weird.

Well ever since they turned "exclusivity" to consoles, we have retards showing off the features of games. I mean they drive on a straight highway (like 50m wide) and they crash the wall several times like their driving at 250km/h through a tight forrest road. I mean i always say to myself: "WTF!?". I really don't wonder anymore why ppl make fun out of console users :P

One thing that i don't like is the menu system which will for sure be identical on PC.
It's typical console, no matter how easy it is to use. We have mouse and keyboard you know, we don't need these silly tree structured menus. Give us drop down menus, checkboxes and stuff like that.
Although i do like the customization itself. I always like to have a car that i like performance and visual wise. I especially liked Most Wanted system where visuals were not a requirement like in NFS:U2. I really hate those flashy christmas trees driving around.

Btw, notice the "Photon Rez" soundtrack from Need for Speed: High Stakes rolling in the background? :)

WeReWoLf
11-09-08, 03:41 AM
As soon as i first saw him i had this urge to either take his hat off, or turn it the right way... Never understand the people who put them on sideways.

RejZoR
11-09-08, 03:49 AM
Hehe, you're like me then. I also want everything to be symetrical. Either have it forward or completelly backward. Sideways looks gay lol

CaptNKILL
11-09-08, 11:47 AM
Oops. I meant NFS Undercover

Thread title fixed. :)

trivium nate
11-09-08, 01:03 PM
im getting this im playing through most wanted :)!

Amaury
11-09-08, 03:50 PM
Picking up the Logitech G25 when this game comes out. Should have picked it up awhile ago when Grid came out.

sMull
11-09-08, 08:12 PM
Picking up the Logitech G25 when this game comes out. Should have picked it up awhile ago when Grid came out.
Tell me you're joking? Wasting a G25 on arcade game :thumbdwn: Do yourself a favor and get GTR2, rFactor, Race07 or GT Legends.

hemmy
11-09-08, 10:17 PM
LOL, people get sensitive over this stuff.

Some people (me) cannot stand "realistic" racing games.

Shamrock
11-09-08, 10:28 PM

Some people (me) cannot drive "realistic" racing games.

fixed.

As for me, I like about anything really. I'll drive anything on the PC. I really liked Most Wanted. If this is anything near that, I'll probly get it. I saw a commercial for it too, on SPEED. Comes out Nov. 18th! Not to mention Maggie Q is hawt. :D

glObalist
11-10-08, 02:06 AM

Some people (me) cannot stand "realistic" racing games.

Me neither. But trust me, you'll feel like throwing the G25 out the window after playing a NFS game with it. Those games are simply NOT designed for a wheel.

nekrosoft13
11-10-08, 07:38 AM
Well ever since they turned "exclusivity" to consoles, we have retards showing off the features of games. I mean they drive on a straight highway (like 50m wide) and they crash the wall several times like their driving at 250km/h through a tight forrest road. I mean i always say to myself: "WTF!?". I really don't wonder anymore why ppl make fun out of console users :P

have you seen the interview with one of the Mirror's Edge creators? he was playing the demo at the interview, he missed the first jump about five times.

makes you wonder how long it took them to record the full lenght trailer.

ahheadlock
11-10-08, 07:46 PM
i hope its not a million different options for vinyls, paint and hektik neonz with just 'stage 1, 2 and 3' performance enhancements like almost every other NFS game.
I know its never going to be Gran Turismo, but at least give us some sort of variety choice.

They got it right with Porsche Challenge. I think it should be mandatory for every NFS developer to have to play that game through, on a PC, before even thinking of what to do in a new NFS game.

Greg
01-19-09, 06:23 AM
Anyone playing the PC Windows version with the wireless Xbox 360 controller?

I'm having a hard time configuring it. The pad works right away in menus and in game but the steering is so sensitive I can only weave back and forth. The controller is listed and named correctly in the menu but it may be functioning as a joystick, not specifically the xbox controller.

Any suggestions to configure this controller?

Greg
01-20-09, 10:01 PM
I eventually found a free program called XPadder which allowed the Xbox 360 pad to emulate button presses. This is fun but somewhat defeats the purpose of having analogue sticks.

The game obviously has partial support for the Xbox controller because the menus all work correctly and are the menu controls are not changeable. The in game controls however are lacking with the sensitivity and vibration sliders having no obvious effect, and lack of dead zone coded or configurable.

hemmy
01-20-09, 10:39 PM
Why would you want to play the PC version.

Find the "official" thread, this game blows

Greg
01-21-09, 04:28 AM
Why would you want to play the PC version.

Find the "official" thread, this game blows

I posted in this thread because the only other 'official' thread was in 'Console World' and I am specifically talking about a PC issue. You really care why I want the PC version? So I can play it with my kids.

The game falls way short of expectations but is fun if you want a fast arcade racer with occasional cop chase. I wanted an update to Need For Speed: Most Wanted. I didn't quite get that, but did enjoy playing it through once already.

Destroy
02-03-09, 09:33 PM
This game far from blows, it sold 5.2 million (http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/44467/EAs-Delays-Announcements-Results-In-Summary).

nekrosoft13
02-03-09, 10:19 PM
can't believe that there are that many stupid people out there.

crainger
02-04-09, 12:27 AM
Sorry buys. I made a mistake and accidentally added 5.1 million copies to my shopping cart last year. ::(:

abcgamer
02-05-09, 12:10 PM
OMG so this game sold 5.2m :( I know it was also released on PS2 but that is just sad.

At least in new nfs game they are thinking about coockpit view but I am not sure about these guys. I think these 3 should be nice racing games this year: F1 2009, Supercar challenge (PS3 game) CM Dirt 2 (nana2)