PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: World at War - v1.1 Patch

evox
11-11-08, 08:42 AM
Yup, out already.

Mods are now enabled in Co-op, Single Player, and Multiplayer.
Players will now be notified when a new patch is available.
Improvements for SLI support.
G_Spawn: no free entities crash has been fixed.
Server no longer runs out of script variables.
License key is no longer required to run a Dedicated Server.
A Dedicated Server can now be started from the Command Line via Remote Desktop Connection.
Various fixes in Server Browser.
Players will no longer see multiple friend invites from the same friends.
When a player calls in a recon plane in a Hardcore match, the HUD will properly appear.
Clan Tags will now display in game where appropriate.
Map holes fixed
Spawn improvements and weapon balancing

http://www.gamershell.com/download_35712.shtml
http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/13264/Call+of+Duty%3A+World+at+War+Patch+1.1
http://files.filefront.com/Call+of+Duty+World+at+War+v11+Patch/;12319377;/fileinfo.html

300MB

ASUSEN7900GTX
11-11-08, 09:29 AM
is this game like totally MP no fixes for SP part...loosers :D

Burnt_Ram
11-11-08, 10:11 AM
wow! and 300 mb's ta boot! crazy ... thanks for the head's up. now i'll have the patch ready for when i pick the game up when EB games opens here in a few hours :)

BuzzKillington
11-11-08, 03:28 PM
I got it in no time from FileFront. Here's the link if you guys want it:

Call of Duty: World at War v1.1 Patch
http://files.filefront.com/Call+of+Duty+World+at+War+v11+Patch/;12319377;/fileinfo.html

Abraxus#
11-11-08, 04:03 PM
What the frig? I didn't know the game was out yet. Why isn't there a thread about it?

evox
11-11-08, 04:46 PM
My copy should get shipped within few hours. Then 2-3 days for delivery. :)

duffy_chucky
11-11-08, 07:00 PM
Yup, out already.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_35712.shtml

300MB

whatever.... this game sucks ballz anyway

NaitoSan
11-11-08, 07:04 PM
I want to buy it since I own all CoD games. I'm going to give this one a chance, unlike others who keeps saying this suck balls because of Treyarch or so. Such a closed mind until you actually play it.

Zhivago
11-11-08, 08:18 PM
Damn, they really need to improve the gun sounds, even if it means they are less historically accurate. It sounds like I am firing a BB gun.

JediKnight
11-11-08, 09:40 PM
Got it today from gamestop and patched it up. Not bad, but has a MOH feel to it. COD Modern Warfare is still top gun in my book.

saguy
11-12-08, 12:35 PM
Damn, they really need to improve the gun sounds, even if it means they are less historically accurate. It sounds like I am firing a BB gun.Are the sounds even worse than COD4 which are pathetic? Weapon sounds are critical to my enjoyment so that is why I love Hells Highway and Far Cry 2's awesome sounding rifles which are partly responsible for my recent deafness. It is almost as if there is some sort of noise health and safety regulation that COD games adhere to. :thumbdwn:

Another pet hate I have about COD games is the over use of spawning and scripting. Is World at War guilty of this as well?

stncttr908
11-12-08, 02:26 PM
It's a scripted SP game just like the entire series has been. In Call of Duty's case, scripted events have always been more fun/enjoyable than the "open world" games that rarely deliver on their promises. With the addition of competitive co-op and unlockables I'll find myself replaying many of the SP missions with friends.

jiffy
11-12-08, 04:43 PM
If you don't like the sounds in COD4 and COD:WaW then it is probably because they are more realistic and not movie sounds. Movie sounds for weapons are loud and we have grown accustomed to what guns should sound like. Most weapons don't sound as nice in person, especially at a distance.

Technoholic
11-12-08, 04:47 PM
Omg. Last week, there was World At War for pre-order. I've already gotten GTX280, Far Cry 2 (free when registered with eVGA), Stalker 2, Crysis 2. I could have included World At War and pay in March 2009!!! :cry:

Smee
11-15-08, 01:05 AM
I hate how linear it is, it feels like you are being led through a 2X6 trench with all the obstacles.. oh well, they have all been like that, I should have known better.

johnkeel105
11-15-08, 01:12 AM
There are several cases in the game that let you choose which path to take. The game is linear tho, but some of the scripting is quite memorable.

On a side note I hope they continue patching the game to improve it. I think it is good as is but there are some bugs. It would also be nice to get some additional free maps.

stncttr908
11-15-08, 02:16 AM
I'd love some more maps eventually, but I'll make do with what we've got for the time being. I think some weapon balance might be in order though. I get my ass kicked pretty regularly. :o

methimpikehoses
11-15-08, 02:20 AM
I hate how linear it is, it feels like you are being led through a 2X6 trench with all the obstacles.. oh well, they have all been like that, I should have known better.

mp is good...