PDA

View Full Version : Infinity: mmorpg space sim WIP

duffy_chucky
11-11-08, 02:58 PM
HI.
My contribution to add some non-bull****/mainstream crap to video game industry news.
Here we go lady and gentlemen ! the next generation of space sim is coming . and it will be mmorpg.

As picture are better than any word (http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/index.php?option=com_zoom&Itemid=81&catid=4&PageNo=2&nxShowImage=terrain_43.jpg)

here is the dev blog. (http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/mod/journal/journal.asp?jn=263350)

this game can include million of planet, thanks to his original but non unique procedural univers engine.

breakbread
11-11-08, 05:49 PM
I'd be more excited about something like this if it wasn't an MMO. Sure it can generate millions of planets, but that sucks when the gameworld is populated by only a few thousand people. Something potentially this massive would be much more exciting as a single player game. That would give the devs freedom to populate it with thousands of NPCs far more interesting than a few thousand jackasses actually playing the game. Freespace 2 on the grand scale.

duffy_chucky
11-11-08, 06:42 PM
in fact, no decision are yet taken. the ultimate goal would be mmorpg , but you can imagine it's not possible until a bank or a video game corp. support the project.
i reasonnably think you have more chance to see this game released as single player game , than mmo.
but project leader seem to really want make the ultimate space mmo , because he has yet work a lot on network engine. i even already played a combat test.

EciDemon
11-12-08, 03:52 AM
Space sim is cool, but I also want a single player game added lan support would be nice though but no mmo.

X3: Terran conflict is out but I'm too broke to buy it now after all the games released recently.

asd
11-12-08, 04:57 AM
Space sim is cool, but I also want a single player game added lan support would be nice though but no mmo.

X3: Terran conflict is out but I'm too broke to buy it now after all the games released recently.

Is that X3 good? is it the same as the Freelancer?

EciDemon
11-12-08, 06:08 AM
It's similar but its a grander scale game and only single play.
You start of in a simple ship and you either take on missions, hunt pirates, or pirate others. Or just buy and sell with a trade freighter. Then you build up a fleet and eventually you create your own space stations with your own production :D

I like the fact that if you play the campaign you can just take your time in between missions and do what you like unlike freelancer where you could only do a set amount of missions or gather a set amount of money and you were forced to continue the story
And it is a much bigger scale of things. All missions outside main story is random generated so they are unlimited but at the same time that makes them feel less personal. It's a slight drawback.

The universe is rather big with many sectors to visit with different alien races each with there own unique ships.

Personally I like the game, I played both X2 and X3, but terran conflict I've not tried yet. It takes some time to get into and used to I think if your new to the game as there are many things you can do and make a profit from. But once your used to the interface and how things work it's all good.
The game do take huge amount of your time though hehe.

duffy_chucky
11-12-08, 06:29 PM
Is that X3 good? is it the same as the Freelancer?

out of scale against freelancer. X3 is far better. i just bought X3: terran conflict. geat game.

duffy_chucky
11-12-08, 06:32 PM
http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/images/zoom/Renders/viewsize/fleetrenderbig.jpg

http://www.infinity-universe.com/Infinity/images/zoom/Renders/viewsize/fleetrendermed.jpg

look at that

stncttr908
11-12-08, 08:18 PM
That's pretty crazy.

asd
11-13-08, 12:10 AM
It's similar but its a grander scale game and only single play.
You start of in a simple ship and you either take on missions, hunt pirates, or pirate others. Or just buy and sell with a trade freighter. Then you build up a fleet and eventually you create your own space stations with your own production :D

I like the fact that if you play the campaign you can just take your time in between missions and do what you like unlike freelancer where you could only do a set amount of missions or gather a set amount of money and you were forced to continue the story
And it is a much bigger scale of things. All missions outside main story is random generated so they are unlimited but at the same time that makes them feel less personal. It's a slight drawback.

The universe is rather big with many sectors to visit with different alien races each with there own unique ships.

Personally I like the game, I played both X2 and X3, but terran conflict I've not tried yet. It takes some time to get into and used to I think if your new to the game as there are many things you can do and make a profit from. But once your used to the interface and how things work it's all good.
The game do take huge amount of your time though hehe.

Sounds good, I should give it a try I think, planning to buy SACRED2 so I guess I will picking up this one too. :)

Sgt_Pitt
11-13-08, 12:40 AM
I posted this 9 months ago

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=110604&highlight=infinity

sorry but you didnt contribute crap =P Neither did i, just a link =P

EciDemon
11-13-08, 02:03 AM
Sounds good, I should give it a try I think, planning to buy SACRED2 so I guess I will picking up this one too. :)

Id say wait a bit with sacred2, it's still quite buggy even after a few patches.