PDA

View Full Version : WTH??? PC IGN gave COD:5 a 9.2!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

malachi1313
11-11-08, 06:27 PM
I thought everyone says this game sux. Whats going on here?? Reveiw here:http://pc.ign.com/articles/929/929002p1.html Readers gave it a 7.2. I don't get it...

verncat
11-11-08, 06:36 PM
This game does not suck. Give me a break , all you damn critics.

duffy_chucky
11-11-08, 06:43 PM
this game sucks. Give me a break , all you fanboys.

malachi1313
11-11-08, 06:56 PM
I havent played it but i'm just going by what I've heard peeps say. I do trust the opinions of people here on this forum.

MowTin
11-11-08, 06:56 PM
Not another WWII game. Why didn't they do Vietnam?

methimpikehoses
11-11-08, 07:15 PM
I'll wait for nvnews feedback.

S.R.

hemmy
11-11-08, 07:15 PM
Because WWII is a much more interesting war, please stfu already with that stupid complaint

After playing the beta, it is ok game, sounds suck but otherwise seems pretty good

RejZoR
11-11-08, 07:18 PM
Why can't they make a proper futuristic CoD. WW2 is already chewed out, current time is not really interesting for anything, but future...

Call of Duty: Worlds at War
Alien invasion of planet Earth, the mass war feeling of CoD1 and CoD2, the resistance of human race against aliens.
To be honest no other game ever managed to capture that feeling where you're just a tiny wheel in a huge war machine. Ppl want new stuff and if done properly it could be one fine and fresh game. Some will say "but thats not CoD anymore". We'll CoD is no more ever since CoD2 and WW2 theme is kinda worn out already
Imagine assaults on foot, alien chases in cars/trucks, dogfighting aliens with jet fighters.
It would be basically like joining CoD and Halo, even though without WW2 theme and without crappy Halo stuff that i hate (like retarded screaming aliens and copy&pasted levels). In fact aliens shouldn't be a laughing buch of fluffy animals. They should be nasty mother****ers that deserve to die. I mean this part is really fully open on PC platform, no one ever actually made game like this...

duffy_chucky
11-11-08, 07:21 PM

S.R.

and it starts here. game .. sucks... badly. i played the beta 20 min , then uninstalled that crap.

Destroy
11-11-08, 07:36 PM
Why can't they make a proper futuristic CoD. WW2 is already chewed out, current time is not really interesting for anything, but future...

Alien invasion of planet Earth, .

Nod. Now we're talking a good game I'd buy, not this rehashed WW2 crap on a disc.

methimpikehoses
11-11-08, 08:16 PM
and it starts here. game .. sucks... badly. i played the beta 20 min , then uninstalled that crap.

Depends ...did you like COD4?

MowTin
11-11-08, 08:41 PM
IGN gave Dead Space an 8.7. Readers have it at 9.2. I can't possibly imagine how COD:5 could be better than Dead Space.

They seem to give you a better score if you have a number at the end of your title.

bacon12
11-11-08, 09:04 PM
I loved the demo, and will be getting the game as soon as I can get my hands on a copy.

npras42
11-11-08, 09:29 PM
Meh, I think this game has got such a bad rep before its even been released because of the developers track record. Everything I've heard/seen of the game makes me think it will probably be quite good with the small chance of it being a really great game.

stncttr908
11-11-08, 10:30 PM
The game is great. Stop hating. I'm so tired of "Wahhhh, wahhhh, it's WWII, wahhhh!"

Just don't buy it and shh, k?

Bearclaw
11-11-08, 10:35 PM

S.R.

Swift Reply?! :rofl

jAkUp
11-11-08, 10:35 PM
I only have teh MP demo, and I like it :o

jeffmd
11-11-08, 11:16 PM
I'm gonna pass on it. I'm another who is tired of the same old wars.

johnkeel105
11-11-08, 11:41 PM
One of my favorite games was Call of Duty United Offensive which was made by Gray Matter Studios. Everyone likes to point out Treyarch's bad record, but Gray Matter was merged into Treyarch. I would like to assume they kept some of the same people. After all Gray Matter also made Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I guess this would explain why this game is doing good, because there are some experienced people there.

hemmy
11-11-08, 11:50 PM

Alien invasion of planet Earth, the mass war feeling of CoD1 and CoD2, the resistance of human race against aliens.
To be honest no other game ever managed to capture that feeling where you're just a tiny wheel in a huge war machine. Ppl want new stuff and if done properly it could be one fine and fresh game. Some will say "but thats not CoD anymore". We'll CoD is no more ever since CoD2 and WW2 theme is kinda worn out already
Imagine assaults on foot, alien chases in cars/trucks, dogfighting aliens with jet fighters.
It would be basically like joining CoD and Halo, even though without WW2 theme and without crappy Halo stuff that i hate (like retarded screaming aliens and copy&pasted levels). In fact aliens shouldn't be a laughing buch of fluffy animals. They should be nasty mother****ers that deserve to die. I mean this part is really fully open on PC platform, no one ever actually made game like this...

Because that would be retarded and sell like sh*t

Sgt_Pitt
11-12-08, 02:03 AM
CoD4 was great, untill i reformatted and lost my players stats :(

The online play in CoD 4 was fast and furious.

I can't see CoD5 being any worse.

K007
11-12-08, 02:13 AM
i didn't get the whole uav thing....

RaidenWoW
11-12-08, 02:30 AM
The game is great. Smooth gameplay. Lots of stuff to achieve. A real sense of accomplishment when you unlock scopes for different guns.

methimpikehoses
11-12-08, 02:44 AM
Swift Reply?! :rofl

Ha! You know it!

Mr_LoL
11-12-08, 02:45 AM
The game is great. Stop hating. I'm so tired of "Wahhhh, wahhhh, it's WWII, wahhhh!"

Just don't buy it and shh, k?

Quoted for truth. I would rather shoot a thomson than those fancy new weapons with a red dot. Yawn.