PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard's Starcraft 2 has gone MIA.

Pages : [1] 2

RaidenWoW
11-12-08, 01:16 AM
They haven't updated the SC2 site in ages (months).

They must be hard at developing the game. I wonder if we're in for a surprise. I wonder if they're getting it ready for DX11.

RaidenWoW
11-12-08, 01:25 AM
Ugh... I understand.

I just wish it was Starcraft that was the cash cow and not WoW. Then us SC fans would have something to do.

Buio
11-12-08, 01:49 AM
So many of my friends still play WoW, it is really frustrating. I can't understand how they're able to do the same **** every day, over and over again. From what I can tell, all they do is stand around town and talk in their clan channel. It is like Blizzard found a way to get people to pay $15 a month for a chat program.

I played the game from launch, up until a bit before the first expansion. Don't miss it at all.

Even if SC does not cost anything per month there is still people playing that game. If we disregard cost, they are playing a game that hasn't changed for 7+ years which is a bigger feat than those WoW players you know.

One can hope that Blizzard would give the WoW players value for the $$ per month but I don't know if that is the case. To me it seems they are just raking in the money and are not doing anything over the absolute necessary to sustain the player base.

crainger
11-12-08, 02:12 AM
I've been playing SC2 for months. It's a good game, just buggier than I thought it would be.

nutcrackr
11-12-08, 02:34 AM
Never really was interested in it. Doesn't matter much SC2 will sell big, people will buy it from the name alone. I doubt casuals will care much about the 3 games deal unless review backlash is huge.

Viral
11-12-08, 02:41 AM
Too many games coming out soon anyway, leave it until next year.

NaitoSan
11-12-08, 03:33 AM
I'll still get Starcraft II knowing it'll be one of biggest trilogy. I can't wait for Diablo III (I know it'll take a while to be released). I never was a big fan of WoW, let alone Warcraft series. I did enjoyed first two Warcraft games. Warcraft III did look a bit cartoony, just a bit better than WoW. Starcraft II and Diablo III doesn't look that cartoony which is good.

I wouldn't dump Starcraft II and Diablo III just because you're pissed at Blizzard and WoW... that's pretty dumb beside they aren't released.

RaidenWoW
11-12-08, 03:35 AM
I've been a huge fan of starcraft for years ever since I started playing it in around 2001. I've probably wasted about 90 days worth of hours on it. I'd gladly buy Starcraft 2 at any price below $400 as long as it kept its old charm with bounds and special custom online games such as fastest map and special forces etc.

DUDE SPECIAL FORCES ON SC2 WOULD BE RAPE.

Severian126
11-12-08, 04:06 AM
What is all this talk about SC2 being abover the $100 mark? Are you guys counting all 3 trilogies?

jolle
11-12-08, 04:37 AM
I wonder if we're in for a surprise. I wonder if they're getting it ready for DX11.
I doubt it.
Their games always look good IMO, but they arent on the cutting edge technologywise.

EciDemon
11-12-08, 04:58 AM
What is all this talk about SC2 being abover the $100 mark? Are you guys counting all 3 trilogies?

The game will be released as 3, one for each campaign that will be tied together. I don't know if they will be released at the same time though.

So for the full SC2 experience you will have to buy all three.

Ninjaman09
11-12-08, 09:10 AM
Raiden, you should read up on Blizzcon...there was kind of a ton of information about SC2.

six_storm
11-12-08, 09:12 AM
I'll go out on a limb and say that SC2 won't come out this year . . . MAYBE March of '09.

Ninjaman09
11-12-08, 05:26 PM
I'll go out on a limb and say that SC2 won't come out this year . . . MAYBE March of '09.

Honestly I'd be shocked if it came out before the holiday season '09.

|MaguS|
11-12-08, 05:28 PM
Reason your not seeing much news on Starcraft 2 is because Blizzard is focusing now more on the console versions, then they will port it to the PC. They claimed that MS requested them to do that.

Ninjaman09
11-12-08, 05:43 PM
Reason your not seeing much news on Starcraft 2 is because Blizzard is focusing now more on the console versions, then they will port it to the PC. They claimed that MS requested them to do that.

Yeah, that too.

jeffmd
11-12-08, 08:23 PM
#1 the game still has plenty of developing time to eat up... they havn't announced it for any near future release date.

#2 people have no grounds fo saying it going to be a bad game.. when was the last time blizzard made a bad game? yea. I don't care if they split up the compaigns, if they make each one so epic that it stands on its own... more power to them.

Zhivago
11-12-08, 11:01 PM
As long as full multiplayer is included with any of the 3 version, I would think that's mostly what matters. I mean, as fun as the single player campaigns might be, the multiplayer is certainly where it will shine IMO.

Buio
11-13-08, 09:31 PM

And because Blizzard always make games that has low technical demands, it will also run on the original XBox.

|MaguS|
11-13-08, 09:33 PM
And because Blizzard always make games that has low technical demands, it will also run on the original XBox.

Nah, They are not porting it to the Original Xbox since it didn't sell that well, they are going to port it to the PS2 and DS though.

Buio
11-13-08, 09:49 PM

Blizzard said it would be released in 2009.

arioch21
11-13-08, 10:10 PM
they wont be released at the same time, they are like standalone expansions. Same thing dawn of war did with all their expansions, standalone and new campaigns, I dont see what the big deal is.

|MaguS|
11-13-08, 10:14 PM
Because Dawn of War had more then a single campaign in each title...

six_storm
11-13-08, 10:16 PM
Blizzard said it would be released in 2009.

For some reason I thought that Blizzard said it was going to be released in December . . . oh well right?

Buio
11-13-08, 10:55 PM
For some reason I thought that Blizzard said it was going to be released in December . . . oh well right?

Yeah I think early speculation many said late 2008, but Blizzard officially said 2009 on Blizzcon this year. And knowing Blizzard it is more likely late 2009 too.