PDA

View Full Version : Vista Ultimate Hold Em won't run, pics inside.

Medion
11-12-08, 07:24 AM
Not a game many would care about, but I decided to try it out of curiosity and boredom. However, I receive two errors back to back when trying to open it, and like many here, I have this immediate desire to troubleshoot any problems that I come across. Below are images of the two errors.

I'm using a GeForce 9600GT with Forceware 178.24 official WHQL on Vista x86 (32). I have no problems running ANY other games from Diablo 2 to Crysis.

EciDemon
11-12-08, 07:43 AM
Maybe try running the game in xp/win2k compatibility mode?

Looks to be an older game so it might just be too old to detect your hardware and then you would need a patch or possibly manually edit ini files or win registry to get it working.

Medion
11-12-08, 07:45 AM
Maybe try running the game in xp/win2k compatibility mode?

Looks to be an older game so it might just be too old to detect your hardware and then you would need a patch or possibly manually edit ini files or win registry to get it working.

It's not an older game. It's a Vista Ultimate exclusive download.

Toss3
11-12-08, 07:57 AM
Honestly why even bother? The game sucks and isn't worth your time. Just play hold 'em on the web or something(or maybe with your friends?).

six_storm
11-12-08, 07:59 AM
Un install and re install the game. If that doesn't work, re install the OS. If that doesn't work, go with another OS.

EciDemon
11-12-08, 08:03 AM
It's not an older game. It's a Vista Ultimate exclusive download.

Oh lol I just assumed cos of the reference to software render in the error message

Yaboze
11-12-08, 08:15 AM
Buy an ATI card, it works with my 4870. :p