PDA

View Full Version : Wrath of the Lich King!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Odral
11-12-08, 02:12 PM
Tonight is the big night and come midnight Blizzards next expansion launche's and it will be very big I am sure. I have my copy and ready to play, who else is excited?

here are some pics someone posted at H-forums for people lining up in Gaum.......!!!!!

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1364670

Mr.Schme
11-12-08, 02:39 PM
I would if I still played wow. Thinking of returning...

jolle
11-12-08, 02:47 PM
I might give it a go after new year or something.
Havent played WOW in about half a year or so now.

K007
11-12-08, 03:19 PM
Yes..i am thinking too..i wonder if my old guild is still active...I've been wow free for now over a year...

CaptnStubing
11-12-08, 03:36 PM
I'll pick it up this Friday. There isn't any hurry since the new zones will be flooded. 500 people will be in a mass waiting to kill 20 mobs. This will create a slide show for that zone and most likely will result in the zone crashing and a bunch of SUPID WoW player QQing on the forums even though they are the ones who cause the crash. I'll stick with leveling up my lvl 53 warrior far away from Eastern Plaguelands and Netherend. Just give it a week and the people will filter out.

crainger
11-12-08, 03:43 PM
Came out here last night. I know a few guys that flew to Sydney for the midnight release. ::(:

lIqUID
11-12-08, 03:46 PM
I might get it this weekend,or maybe in the next week or so. I'm not really in too much of a hurry since Mal'Ganis alliance is HEAVILY outnumbered and it will be next to impossible to get anything done. Hell, i had to bail on Bone Wastes on my 68 lock earlier bc some epic flying tauren warrior with 14k hp sees me as a threat and is waiting for me to leave the safety of the guards so he can chain gank me.

I do have 4 horde toon on Lethon though, but that population sucks, and I would like to at least see the new instances.

What would you guys take to 80 first...

UD lock -Nightfall battlegroup
BE pally
BE hunter
UD rogue
Human lock -Stormstrike battlegroup

all have pretty decent gear (welfare) except the human lock which like I said earlier has 2 levels to go.

Tyr-Sog
11-12-08, 04:22 PM
I wont get it right away because I cannot stand playing my lvl 70 hunter or druid and for the fact that I'm currently leveling a rogue who is lvl 50 who will be my main. So when she hits 70, I'll grab the xpack(if im still playing).

CaptnStubing
11-12-08, 05:07 PM
I might get it this weekend,or maybe in the next week or so. I'm not really in too much of a hurry since Mal'Ganis alliance is HEAVILY outnumbered and it will be next to impossible to get anything done. Hell, i had to bail on Bone Wastes on my 68 lock earlier bc some epic flying tauren warrior with 14k hp sees me as a threat and is waiting for me to leave the safety of the guards so he can chain gank me.

I do have 4 horde toon on Lethon though, but that population sucks, and I would like to at least see the new instances.

What would you guys take to 80 first...

UD lock -Nightfall battlegroup
BE pally
BE hunter
UD rogue
Human lock -Stormstrike battlegroup

all have pretty decent gear (welfare) except the human lock which like I said earlier has 2 levels to go.

Orc Warrior. :p Oh wait, that's my toon.

jolle
11-12-08, 05:10 PM
I mainly want to try out Death knight, and have a look around the new areas, then Ill prolly quit again..
The grind for gear once you hit max level always bored me, raiding in itself was sorta fun, but all the bull**** around that is boring..
getting mats for pots, money for repairs, and no real quests left to do, so playing alone between raids and runs isnt much fun either.

So I tend to play a whole lot of pvp, then quit.
Did it at lvl60, and at lvl70.

KasuCode
11-12-08, 06:12 PM
Quick post before I go to sleep. Because after 10pm im going to be up for 3-4 days stright. LVL 80GO!!!1

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2081/img0148hj6.jpg

bought 2 24 packs of amp for this.

Dreamingawake
11-12-08, 06:18 PM
^ you're really, really dumb.

jeffmd
11-12-08, 08:32 PM
lol KasuCode, thats how ya do it! Getting mine tomarrow (SE..no fighting with lines) and will probably spend the next 3 days grinding it out (2 characters I need to level fast ^^).

Stubing, heres hoping that the choice of making TWO level 68-71 zones will alleviate a large chunk of that frustration. I also plan to get into the instances asap.

Ninjaman09
11-12-08, 09:35 PM
Heading out in about 10 minutes for the midnight sale. Nice of Gamestop to not make us wait outside all night. :)

Odral
11-12-08, 11:35 PM
Quick post before I go to sleep. Because after 10pm im going to be up for 3-4 days stright. LVL 80GO!!!1

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2081/img0148hj6.jpg

bought 2 24 packs of amp for this.

Wow ...awesome stuff there Kasu... and I thought having a six pack of Amp was alot for me, lol.

WeReWoLf
11-12-08, 11:38 PM
Came out here last night. I know a few guys that flew to Sydney for the midnight release. ::(:

It's not meant to come out til tonight, or if to believe my local gametraders, 9:00am friday 14th.

Ninjaman09
11-13-08, 12:23 AM
Installed, patching at 70%, you guys won't see me for a few days. :D

mcolbourn
11-13-08, 02:27 AM
I hope my posted copy turns up today

LordJuanlo
11-13-08, 03:32 AM
Next tuesday I'm getting the Lord of the Rings Online expansion, but I prefer (and all my guild mates too) to slowly level up and enjoy the story and the quests, our target is not to reach the level cap and get all the epic gear in just a few days.

I think it's just a different play style, and both games target a different group of players. Anyway enjoy the game guys, hope to see you posting here

Ninja Prime
11-13-08, 06:14 AM
My CE version is supposed to show up tomorrow, hope its good as I've been hearing, bored lately.

crainger
11-13-08, 06:27 AM
It's not meant to come out til tonight, or if to believe my local gametraders, 9:00am friday 14th.

Early releases at Sydney EBs, in particular the Centrepoint and George St stores.

CaptnStubing
11-13-08, 04:13 PM
Anyone play it yet? How is it?

Ninja Prime
11-14-08, 08:21 AM
Anyone play it yet? How is it?

I've played it a bit, its pretty good, much better feel to it than BC. They really made some of the quests more fun and interactive.

K007
11-14-08, 08:38 AM
& BC was better than the original ><. They always improve everything.

Any improvements to the graphics tho?

K007
11-14-08, 08:39 AM
yea it came out midnight yesterday...well morning...huge queues apparently...