PDA

View Full Version : Half Life 2 Cinematic Mod 9 released!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Amaury
11-12-08, 08:38 PM
Amazing stuff!!!! Adding to what was and still is an amazing game/series.
http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,663762/Imagegallery/Half-Life_2_Cinematic_Mod_9_The_best_High-Res_screenshots/

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u22/Amaury75/FF_CM9_Hi-Res-Shots_02.jpg

S.I.N
11-12-08, 09:24 PM
Will they ever get Alyx right? Every incarnation has her looking more like Pocahontas.

stncttr908
11-12-08, 09:30 PM
I still have to beat Episode 2, so thanks for this!

NaitoSan
11-12-08, 09:39 PM
Looks very nice but is it just me, it looks like Truform is being used? :o

Sobbsy
11-13-08, 12:46 AM
Carefull guys, don't say ANYTHING bad about this new version! Else he might, dare I purport such a theory, STOP MAKING THEM ALTOGETHER! (again). And then have a cry. And then get some fanmail. And then make another christmas release pack. And then silently start making them again.

...Again.

It's not so bad if you take the character models from v6 and use the environment textures and such from 8.2/9.

LordJuanlo
11-13-08, 02:37 AM
In Cinematic Mod 8 you had the option to use a classic Alyx, I hope the option is still in v9

EciDemon
11-13-08, 02:45 AM
That looks like that fairy girl from the nvidia demos that came with the 6800 series

EDIT: Dawn/Dusk

Dreamingawake
11-13-08, 08:33 AM
sweet another huge file to download !?

-that's actually what's prevented me from trying this mod.. the massive file size.

i'd be pissed if i just downloaded 8. whatever and then ver. 9 came out.

blah

Nitz Walsh
11-13-08, 07:21 PM
It's Adriana Lima I think, some Brazilian swimsuit model. I love the quality but I really wish he didn't jump the shark, some of the models look like, well...models. What's the F is with Eli? Looks like he should be a frickin' Lands End catalog, not a grizzled scientist (is there such a thing?).

Is it still 64-bit only for stability?

LordJuanlo
11-14-08, 03:57 AM
I think this version supports 32bit too

Viral
11-14-08, 04:58 AM
WTF, I was looking for this the other month and found V3.00 which was the latest version I could find anywhere..... Alyx looked different enough back then, she doesn't even look like Alyx now.

I can't believe I wasted my time downloading such an old version :(

FastRedPonyCar
11-14-08, 12:28 PM
See, what has bothered me more and more with each release is the steady decline in consistency. There are textures that get super ultra high resolution that look incredible but just make the game awkward looking because there are still so many textures that aren't even remotely close to the detail and quality as the really high res textures.

I say rather than seeing how much detail he can continue to put in the faces, try fixing up the rest of the models or just totally remodeling the characters with high resolution clothing.

It's the same in the environment. A lot of nice high res textures but still too many lower res textures that make it apparent that it's still a work in progress and almost like a half baked cake.

stncttr908
11-14-08, 12:45 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't see the point in belittling this guy for giving us free stuff?

breathemetal
11-14-08, 12:48 PM
Am I the only one that doesn't see the point in belittling this guy for giving us free stuff?

Nope, im with you on this one.
You retards who are belittling him are just what i said you were...RETARDS. So stfu and either download it and enjoy it, or just dont use it at all if you dont like whatever the **** he did!

He put a ton of work into this, and he's giving it to us FREE! You arent paying for a ****ing thing, so stfu.

stncttr908
11-14-08, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the support. \m/

Seriously though, commenting on the download being too large? You want high res textures and yet you expect a small file size?

breathemetal
11-14-08, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the support. \m/

Seriously though, commenting on the download being too large? You want high res textures and yet you expect a small file size?

Not a problem man.
Excepting a small file size for something like this is just stupid.

hemmy
11-14-08, 02:08 PM
You retards who are belittling him are just what i said you were...RETARDS. So stfu and either download it and enjoy it, or just dont use it at all if you dont like whatever the **** he did!

He put a ton of work into this, and he's giving it to us FREE! You arent paying for a ****ing thing, so stfu.

:clap:

iron99
11-14-08, 05:52 PM

+1

sMull
11-14-08, 07:18 PM
See, what has bothered me more and more with each release is the steady decline in consistency. There are textures that get super ultra high resolution that look incredible but just make the game awkward looking because there are still so many textures that aren't even remotely close to the detail and quality as the really high res textures.

I say rather than seeing how much detail he can continue to put in the faces, try fixing up the rest of the models or just totally remodeling the characters with high resolution clothing.

It's the same in the environment. A lot of nice high res textures but still too many lower res textures that make it apparent that it's still a work in progress and almost like a half baked cake.
True, it lacks consistency. Also he completely changed how Alyx looks and i don't understand why. Still it's nice of him to do this stuff, hope it gets better in later versions.

Amaury
11-14-08, 08:13 PM
I hope Black Mesa Source is released soon before it gets too outdated.

http://www.blackmesasource.com/

|MaguS|
11-14-08, 08:42 PM

Um, He is providing it to use for free because he cannot charge for it unless he buys a license from valve to distribute anything based on Source. So yeah thanks for the work but we can provide any feedback or opinions we want. Especially on a forum that he cannot control or probably checks.

I personally dislike most of the models, they have no textures but lose the overall feeling of the game. Oh and I agree that Alex look like total ****... he must never seen a woman since she looks ****ing horrid.

Sobbsy
11-15-08, 12:09 AM

Now I'm not attacking you here, but I have to respectfully disagree with your line of thinking.

This... child, for lack of anything better to describe him, who makes the FakeFactory mod, releases it FOR the people who play the game. It's not simply a case of 'something for nothing', if he didn't specifically want us to download and play it and brown nose him some more, he just wouldn't bother releasing it. The truth is that he NEEDS the attention he often gets from releasing it. His problem is that he simply can't handle criticism, is extremely inconsistent with his texturing work, and has this really awkward way of doing things... Basically, if you download his mod and don't like any one thing about it, and have the unimaginable gall to actually tell him that, he goes off on this massive rant about how no one cares about him and that everyone thinks his mod is terrible, and does a little 'I'll hold my breath until I turn blue' move and calls it quits. A few months later, oh what's this? A new 'special release' pack! "Thank you to my ass-kissing fans (all 3 of you) who really made me feel like I should continue living!".

He frequently uses utterly horrible and oversharpened or UNCOMPRESSED textures that are multitudes larger than they should ever need to be for some of the most insignificant objects imaginable. But don't tell him this, that's just rude. People say "The new Alyx is ugly, could you please keep the old one from X version in?", and suddenly those people get bombarded with the kind of stuff you've just posted yourself. OH MY GOD IT'S FREE WHY WOULD YOU EVER COMPLAIN?! Why? Because clearly the multitudes of people who feel something isn't right deserve the chance to express that. If this little ****head can't accept that, he just plain shouldn't release the bloody thing.

Simple fact is that FakeFactory isn't releasing this for free out of the good of his sadly non-existent heart. He releases it because he's got an unsatisfyable ego that no amount of stroking can satiate. He's beyond unstable and completely incapable of accepting any form of criticism, no matter how nicely worded it is. He's a child. You don't release something for people to play and comment on, and tell them to get ****ed when they try and do just that. Free or not, this mod is for us to play and for us to discuss and like / dislike in one way or another. To say that we can play it, but that we have no right to complain simply because we didn't pay him to release it is... Just utterly retarded. If he would listen to everyone when they tell him something needs changing, especially when it's for the better, this mod would be so much more highly regarded.

Oh and FYI, I've been supporting FF's work since he was teaming with OGG on the first releases of this. I'm not some ******* who's come in on the latest release to ***** about filesizes or funny looking characters. What ****s me is his awful attitude about the whole thing. I still love and use version 6/7 with some tweaks here and there.

Viral
11-15-08, 12:59 AM
Well said :clap2:

People who can't take constructive criticism should leave the modding to those who can.

Remember to download rivatuner 2.11 (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163).

stncttr908
11-15-08, 01:13 AM
I'm sure everyone expressed their negative opinions of the mod in a tasteful and respectful manner as well. :rolleyes:

XDanger
11-15-08, 08:04 AM
Please change the record with the comments ,This has all been well covered in previous threads.

Apart from Sobbsy ,good stuff there

Wasn't CM4 the one with the improved regular Alyx?
The version with Naked Alyx...

The Alyx option on the later versions is bland in the face textures.