PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: World at War Feedback Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

XP_GUN
11-13-08, 12:24 AM
Its been a few days and know nothing about it. So who has it, and is it worth buying, and is it fun?

evox
11-13-08, 03:41 AM
Still waiting for my copy to get delivered. :thumbdwn:

bob saget
11-13-08, 03:50 AM
played it a bit at a friend's house tonight.

Very, very similar to COD4, except obviously based in the pacific, and during WW2. The screen layout is exactly the same. Graphics look alright, just like COD4. There is also lots of bloom/HDR (i dont know the difference between the two :o). Fun arcade shooter just like the last one. Nothing mindblowing, but good fun nonetheless....

Burnt_Ram
11-13-08, 07:55 AM
haven't gotten into SP yet, but MP is great. runs as good if not better than COD4. if you liked 2 & 4 you'll like this one! being a big dog person the only thing i dont care for is killing dog's!!!! i know it's just a game, but still ...

wysiwyg
11-13-08, 07:57 AM
cod 4 also had dog killing

Burnt_Ram
11-13-08, 08:13 AM
cod 4 also had dog killing yah i know. i didnt really get into that game. not a big fan of modern combat.

nekrosoft13
11-13-08, 08:48 AM
haven't gotten into SP yet, but MP is great. runs as good if not better than COD4. if you liked 2 & 4 you'll like this one! being a big dog person the only thing i dont care for is killing dog's!!!! i know it's just a game, but still ...

what if you liked COD2, but hated COD4?

mailman2
11-13-08, 09:54 AM

Who hated COD4??? The game was monumental. If you didn't love COD4 MP and SP you aren't a true PC Gamer!!! :p Too many crappy console games have people loving garbage games these days...lower standards, etc.

SLippe
11-13-08, 10:16 AM
How 'bout the gore in this one? Body parts, etc.? A lot bloodier than CoD4. ;)

methimpikehoses
11-13-08, 10:23 AM

(omg) :nekrofail:

Who hated COD4??? The game was monumental. If you didn't love COD4 MP and SP you aren't a true PC Gamer!!! :p Too many crappy console games have people loving garbage games these days...lower standards, etc.

Exactly.

Hm, I guess I'll have to pick this one up. Everyone abandoned the COD4 server. :(

wysiwyg
11-13-08, 11:05 AM
yah i know. i didnt really get into that game. not a big fan of modern combat.

just for you

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uld2-qQUcuU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uld2-qQUcuU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

nekrosoft13
11-13-08, 11:06 AM

that explains why you and few others like COD4

mailman2
11-13-08, 11:34 AM
that explains why you and few others like COD4

Sad that you feel that way about COD4. the only console games I play are Madden and NHL. So no, im not infected with all those other console only crap games

If you loved the COD2 and WWII guns, you will love COD5. If its the gameplay you hated about COD4 then you wont like it.

Scendore
11-13-08, 11:39 AM
After Play everything from the Original MOH series all the way through COD, United Offensive COD2 and COD4 PC only I'm not that impressed...

It looks a bit unfinished and rushed. Sounds are horrible IMO. They are lacking is the best way to describe them. Artillary sounds like space ship noises. COD1 2 and 4 are so much better in this department.

Game play is what you would expect from a COD4 Engine. I think COD4 is miles better than this release. It's missing some serious elements.

The best way to describe it is it comes across as being incomplete and its lacking the Polish that the others have.

I've only played it for about a hour in MP... I have yet to experience the SP mode but I will be soon. More to follow.

XP_GUN
11-13-08, 11:39 AM
COD4 had its moments, one of the best levels was when you were on the AC-130 air support. That was damn awesome! :D

Anyway I think ill be picking up a copy today after class.

ASUSEN7900GTX
11-13-08, 12:07 PM
i find this as good as COD 2 and 4 tīs great fun great game

wysiwyg
11-13-08, 01:30 PM
it would have been better though if IW had been involved, still fun though

bacon12
11-13-08, 02:18 PM
Can someone tell me if there is a launch exe. anywhere? I checked the install folder, and when I try to lunch form the cd menu nothing happens?

Grrr.

Logical
11-13-08, 02:19 PM
I aint too bothered about this game...ill go whereever the LAN goes and so far all i have read is that most are sticking to cod4...theres still a lot of life in there yet and probably will be till IW realease the next CoD (NOV 2009 is rumoured for the target release date).

Meanwhile i have decided to revive my old team and start playing CoD4 again competitively. As a result im looking at recruiting high skilled European players to play at competitive levels in cup, ladder and LAN tournaments.

PM me if interested ;)

ASUSEN7900GTX
11-13-08, 02:43 PM
so all of you that think this games is no good....why?

it is like COD always been only IW went moderj kombat well ti sinīt a bad thing, but hasnīt GRAw 1 and 2 covered modern kombat and now COD4 so is i tWW II that is the problem?

i think itīs a great game as fun as any shooter

bob saget
11-13-08, 02:59 PM
COD4 had its moments, one of the best levels was when you were on the AC-130 air support. That was damn awesome! :D

Anyway I think ill be picking up a copy today after class.

yep :D

i replay that level all the time.

Burnt_Ram
11-13-08, 05:55 PM
then think of it as COD2 with COD4's graphic update and ranking system ;) thats how i look at it :)

Burnt_Ram
11-13-08, 05:55 PM
How 'bout the gore in this one? Body parts, etc.? A lot bloodier than CoD4. ;)
i like that! i saw a guys leg get blown off. the bone was sticking out. very cool!

Burnt_Ram
11-13-08, 05:56 PM
just for you

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uld2-qQUcuU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Uld2-qQUcuU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
nope ...

jiffy
11-13-08, 10:55 PM
It is a great game and saying it isn't as good as COD 4 is ridiculous. One is modern and one is WWII with very few other differences.