PDA

View Full Version : Wth. My system won't work

Technoholic
11-14-08, 08:01 PM
I tried installing my new GTX280 tonight. My computer boots up, but nothing on the picture. I've tried everything I can. The LED's and all shows up. I have a debug LED on it, it says C1. Which is normal, I think - according to this: http://www.phoenix.com/NR/rdonlyres/0835996A-6694-4F6D-8243-1030EE040D92/0/postcode.pdf - sometimes, the LED changes to 25. And at one point, I think it showed i7A. Or 17A. Could be 7A, and something to do with an i, or i7.

I've tried clearing CMOS, turning everything off, etc. What else could be at fault?

This happened since I got home, I had it at my University dorm. And I drove home, I put my case in the back seat of my car with the passenger front seat inclined to keep it tight.

I've also tried taking out the RAM's, and put in my Corsair 1GB stick of RAM, and still no avail.

What else should I do now? Reseat everything? I mean everything. I also tried moving the video card to different PCI Express lane, and no luck too.

Technoholic
11-14-08, 08:08 PM
Another thing. My mouse is Razer Copperhead, keyboard Logitech G5 rev2, they do not light up. And when I connect my network wire, no green/orange lights.

|MaguS|
11-14-08, 08:39 PM
Try booting without your mouse or keyboard... when I had my copperhead it would not allow my PC to boot. I got my Deathadder because of that issue.

Technoholic
11-14-08, 08:54 PM
Nope.

I don't have anything attached to the computer, just the monitor, power to the video card (6600LE), power to the motherboard, one set of RAM.

I have a very strong feeling I might have to RMA the board. :( Honestly.

ViN86
11-14-08, 11:01 PM
I tried installing my new GTX280 tonight. My computer boots up, but nothing on the picture. I've tried everything I can. The LED's and all shows up. I have a debug LED on it, it says C1. Which is normal, I think - according to this: http://www.phoenix.com/NR/rdonlyres/0835996A-6694-4F6D-8243-1030EE040D92/0/postcode.pdf - sometimes, the LED changes to 25. And at one point, I think it showed i7A. Or 17A. Could be 7A, and something to do with an i, or i7.

I've tried clearing CMOS, turning everything off, etc. What else could be at fault?

This happened since I got home, I had it at my University dorm. And I drove home, I put my case in the back seat of my car with the passenger front seat inclined to keep it tight.

I've also tried taking out the RAM's, and put in my Corsair 1GB stick of RAM, and still no avail.

What else should I do now? Reseat everything? I mean everything. I also tried moving the video card to different PCI Express lane, and no luck too.
try reseating the video card and blowing any dust out of there with compressed air.

i didnt seat my card properly once and my system didnt post. i spent hours before i realized the card wasnt seated :lol:

EDIT: also, i had a problem with a setting in BIOS once. for some reason it wasnt using the DVI port. cant remember the setting though, check around BIOS. that could be only with older cards/boards too...

Technoholic
11-14-08, 11:06 PM
try reseating the video card and blowing any dust out of there with compressed air.

i didnt seat my card properly once and my system didnt post. i spent hours before i realized the card wasnt seated :lol:

EDIT: also, i had a problem with a setting in BIOS once. for some reason it wasnt using the DVI port. cant remember the setting though, check around BIOS. that could be only with older cards/boards too...
I can't get through BIOS at all, like I said nothing shows up on monitor. I also have tried reseating the video card, even I switched the lanes, and no luck.

sws
11-16-08, 02:12 PM
I had this a few times when I first installed my GTX280's

Post LED was stuck on 25 with no display and nothing.

Ensure your graphics card is properly seated as mentioned above.
I re-seated it about 20 times and blew out any dust..

Eventually, with a little patience its been 100%
Ive even had the cards out and put them back in with no issues.

I almost thought I was going to have to RMA my 790i ultra

Another thing, is your MB supported close to the PCIe slots, or could it be bowing
slightly when inserting the card.

Also check the GTx280 lights up green at the back

All I can think of, I dont really know what cured my problem but it sounds extremely similar to yours !

Technoholic
11-16-08, 02:51 PM
I had this a few times when I first installed my GTX280's

Post LED was stuck on 25 with no display and nothing.

Ensure your graphics card is properly seated as mentioned above.
I re-seated it about 20 times and blew out any dust..

Eventually, with a little patience its been 100%
Ive even had the cards out and put them back in with no issues.

I almost thought I was going to have to RMA my 790i ultra

Another thing, is your MB supported close to the PCIe slots, or could it be bowing
slightly when inserting the card.

Also check the GTx280 lights up green at the back

All I can think of, I dont really know what cured my problem but it sounds extremely similar to yours !
I did at one point have post code 25, but I tried switching back to old video, reseating the GTX280 and no luck. I had a green light on the back of the video card. What does that mean? Fully functional? Thanks for your input though.

I'm going to RMA the board anyway. I have tried clearing CMOS, even left the battery out and jumper in position 2-3 for 4 hours, and no luck. I had a constant rebooting too. I tried the other PSU, and no luck as well. I have four different sticks of RAM, and I tried every one of them, even tried move from slot to slot on mobo, and no luck.

I'm going back to the University this evening, so I will be leaving my computer home. There's no point in bringing it back to my University when I will be coming home in a week and a half for Thanksgiving break. By the time, I get home, the replaced mobo should be here by then. If not, oh well.

sws
11-16-08, 05:33 PM
I assume the green light is to state the card is active,

When I first installed I set it up on a 700W PSU aside from the the fact that it wasnt really powerful enough on occassions the GTX280 light was red, so I assumed this was insufficient power.

Error 25 is something to do with Shadow System / Video Bios according to my EVGA guide

Hopefully your new board will be ok

Oh one more thing (just reading another forum reminded me) I also disconnected and re-connected the 8pin ATX power lead to the motherboard so this may have helped (no idea why)

Technoholic
11-17-08, 10:43 AM
I believe I did mention I did everything I could, and that included the removal of power connection and reconnecting, it did not work as well.

nekrosoft13
11-17-08, 10:59 AM
I can't get through BIOS at all, like I said nothing shows up on monitor. I also have tried reseating the video card, even I switched the lanes, and no luck.

have you actually checked if the card is seated all the way? just look at the PCI-E lane and slot, you shouldn't see any metal contacts.

BronzeGod
11-17-08, 01:49 PM
He has the same problem i did with the EVGA 750i board. 2 boards and the same thing. Check your power supply if you haven't.

Technoholic
11-18-08, 11:11 PM
How did the third board work out? Or you changed it?

I did try switching the PSU, same problem. The constant rebooting.

Even the BZ700 had Turbo and Normal on the back. It was in Turbo, and the system was rebooting constantly. Then I switched it to Normal, and the rebooting stops. But when I changed it to Corsair 520W (brand new), it powers up, but reboots constantly too. This happens too with the 6600LE installed.

What a b!tch though, I sent out my motherboard yesterday for replacement. This morning, my package returned back to me. :( Because I put my from address too close to the to address. :| And charged me for $30 yesterday because the dumbass charged me for First Class + Postal or something. The superviser fixed it, gave me back $13 and changed the shipping to actual Priority. I hope I will get my replacement before Thanksgiving. I guarantee it will arrive this Friday, hopefully Thursday. Priority shipping is incredibility fast.

BronzeGod
11-19-08, 12:40 AM
How did the third board work out? Or you changed it?

I did try switching the PSU, same problem. The constant rebooting.

Even the BZ700 had Turbo and Normal on the back. It was in Turbo, and the system was rebooting constantly. Then I switched it to Normal, and the rebooting stops. But when I changed it to Corsair 520W (brand new), it powers up, but reboots constantly too. This happens too with the 6600LE installed.

What a b!tch though, I sent out my motherboard yesterday for replacement. This morning, my package returned back to me. :( Because I put my from address too close to the to address. :| And charged me for $30 yesterday because the dumbass charged me for First Class + Postal or something. The superviser fixed it, gave me back $13 and changed the shipping to actual Priority. I hope I will get my replacement before Thanksgiving. I guarantee it will arrive this Friday, hopefully Thursday. Priority shipping is incredibility fast.

Let me just put it this way. I'm typing to you on a system with an Athlon 3700+ and 512mb of ram. :thumbdwn:

I'll probably rebuild a new system when the Core I7 drops in price.

Technoholic
11-19-08, 03:25 PM
Speak of devil, I just posted a thread about the i7 set up price drop. It's gonna be after New Year.

On Topic: Thank you for your inputs, all.