PDA

View Full Version : Can't load Half-Life 2

|MaguS|
11-14-08, 09:00 PM
I tried to run Half-Life 2 and it just crashes. Both Episodes will load and play just fine but I can't get Half-Life 2 to run, I tried uninstalling and checking the verifying the cache. Anyone seen this issue before?

Yeah, I hid my email...

evox
11-14-08, 10:49 PM
Tried repairing Steam?

jcrox
11-14-08, 11:00 PM
Yeah, I've had that happen to me many times. The only way I found to fix it was to uninstall Steam all together and then re-install. Even then, after reinstalling, AI was then disabled. A quick google search fixed that but there's definitely something borked about that game now.

Edit: Are you running 64bit Vista by any chance? I wonder if that has something to do with it... I haven't tried HL2 on a 32 bit system in a long time

bob saget
11-15-08, 02:15 AM
HL2 crashes alot, and AI is disabled, so I have to manually enable it. Game crashes + freezes often. Too bad.....

The episodes crash too, but not nearly as much, with episode 2 being the most stable.

|MaguS|
11-15-08, 08:00 AM
Edit: Are you running 64bit Vista by any chance? I wonder if that has something to do with it... I haven't tried HL2 on a 32 bit system in a long time

Nope, 32bit. I hated Vista 64, many of my applications we not compatible with it.

evox, yeah I tried uninstalling steam but had no luck.