PDA

View Full Version : Killzone 2!!!!!

Amaury
11-15-08, 09:13 PM
I have to admit these are some of the best graphics I have ever seen in a game. I'm a pc hardcore gamer, and I may pickup a PS3 again when this game comes out. I hope it has mouse/keyboard support. This was Sony's killer app when they showed off the PS3 at launch and everybody questioned whether the PS3 was capable of running it.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42799.html

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42801.html

|MaguS|
11-15-08, 09:24 PM
While I think its the best looking console game to date, I won't say its the best looking game ever. Im sure if its not moving you can nitpick the lower graphics but I do think it excels at what its trying to provide. Great graphics with amazing atmosphere and animation.

I don't think any game has as good as it when it comes to death animations, the bodies move to every hit and respond properly to the world. Then look at the world, its gritty and dirty, exactly what they are trying to achieve. I mean Brothers in Arms takes place during WW2 and it looks cleaner then this game. Yeah it might have the 2054x2054 resolution textures or 8xAA but it looks great in motion and I don't plan to stare at a wall trying to find flaws... thats for graphics whores.

NaitoSan
11-15-08, 10:00 PM
Keep it in mind it's MP beta so I'm guessing SP will look much better. MP tend to have medium quality in graphics in order to keep session less laggy. I could be wrong but Killzone 2 does look incredible! It does look better than any FPS on PC so far. Excellent use of blur motion, great feeling of movement when you get hit, explosion nearby, reloading, walking, etc. Almost feel realistic.

Brothers of Arm's graphics' not actually that great. It looks clean, but way too clean, especially for WWII which is supposed to be a bit gritty (look at Band of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan...) but you can't really compare that with Killzone 2. You already know from Killzone, it's gritty futuristic war game and Killzone 2 is repeating that. Gritty. Not beautiful, clean looking futuristic war game.

I'm buying this on day one.

|MaguS|
11-15-08, 10:11 PM
I think the developer stated that they are not downgrading the graphics for MP, only difference is that SP will offer more in the way of special effects like larger explosions due to scripted sequences.

crainger
11-16-08, 06:05 AM
Isn't that essentially the same as downgrading?? O_o

npras42
11-16-08, 06:21 AM
Nah not really. If in the SP game they know there will be certain explosion in a certain place at a certain time, then they can code extra effects especially for that bit. Any explosions that are just random (like you throwing a grenade at someone) will have the exact same effects as the MP game, because they aren't predictable. Do y'see?

NarcissistZero
11-16-08, 08:26 AM
You know there have been a ton of shooters released lately when an FPS-addicted maniac like myself says he needs a rest.

crainger
11-16-08, 04:06 PM
Nah not really. If in the SP game they know there will be certain explosion in a certain place at a certain time, then they can code extra effects especially for that bit. Any explosions that are just random (like you throwing a grenade at someone) will have the exact same effects as the MP game, because they aren't predictable. Do y'see?

Ah! Right, right. I'm with you guys now.