PDA

View Full Version : NVNEWS LEFT 4 DEAD EVENT TONIGHT @ 8PM CST!!!

Pages : [1] 2

six_storm
11-18-08, 09:49 AM
*** TONIGHT TONIGHT - NVNEWS LEFT 4 DEAD CO-OP EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!! ***

Tonight starting at 8PM CST, I propose that we all meet online via Steam and blow some zombie brains out!!!! I also propose that we try out some 4v4 on Versus Mode (hella fun). Anybody down for tonight? If so, post your Steam ID!!! If you have a mic, make sure you got that bad boy workin' cause we will need voice communication. See you guys online later tonight.

Steam ID: nV | six_storm

nekrosoft13
11-18-08, 10:01 AM
the what? try out some 4v4 on Versus Mode

still trying to decide if i should buy it, after the huge disapoitment in Far Cry 2, just not sure ;)

six_storm
11-18-08, 10:05 AM
the what?

still trying to decide if i should buy it, after the huge disapoitment in Far Cry 2, just not sure ;)

Versus Mode = 4 survivors vs. 4 infected (plus normal Zombies). If you are on the Infected team, you will spawn as a random boss zombie (Smoker, Hunter, Boomer or Tank) and you have to stop the survivor team from reaching their checkpoint. It's HELLA FUN, great MP objective style gaming.

Far Cry 2 is a little disappointing, but L4D has been created with MP and Co-op play from the ground up. If you like MP/Co-op games, this is the one to get. I've said it before and I'll say it again: L4D = GOTY.

six_storm
11-18-08, 10:43 AM
Here's what Versus mode is like, but this is the X360 version and the players on here suck:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gyUKnUHtYCs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gyUKnUHtYCs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Blade
11-18-08, 11:22 AM
Here's what Versus mode is like, but this is the X360 version and the players on here suck:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gyUKnUHtYCs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gyUKnUHtYCs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Lol, dont all 360 players suck?

nekrosoft13
11-18-08, 11:24 AM
Lol, dont all 360 players suck?

sometimes it is not their fault. gamepad FTL

six_storm
11-18-08, 11:26 AM
sometimes it is not their fault. gamepad FTL

Yeah, when it comes to FPS games. But L4D devs did create a 180 turn button for the 360 version; players can click on the right stick to do a 180 turn. Pretty handy IMO but still not as good as a KB/M.

Nobody else joining me tonight? I know Magus is supposed to get online, but we need other NV'ers!!!

nekrosoft13
11-18-08, 11:33 AM
i would but: had to buy replacement parts for HTPC, oil change due today, TV payment needs to be send out, need to buy new tires soon.

so L4D needs to wait.

six_storm
11-18-08, 11:35 AM
i would but: had to buy replacement parts for HTPC, oil change due today, TV payment needs to be send out, need to buy new tires soon.

so L4D needs to wait.

Get it when you can dude, we'll get the NV'ers together and blast some Zombies.

KasuCode
11-18-08, 12:39 PM
I might play if I don't end up raiding in WoW. If I do play I. Can use my Ventrilo server and I can host dedicated games with my fios 20/20 connection.

six_storm
11-18-08, 01:09 PM
I might play if I don't end up raiding in WoW. If I do play I. Can use my Ventrilo server and I can host dedicated games with my fios 20/20 connection.

Host it big dawg!!!! Make it a private game if we have 4 or 8 people who wanna play. If not, make it public.

six_storm
11-18-08, 02:08 PM
Nobody else wanting to play later this evening? I'll invite everyone in the Steam NVNEWS group who is playing L4D to join . . . .

Severian126
11-18-08, 02:17 PM
I'm interested.

Steam ID = Sever126

six_storm
11-18-08, 02:24 PM
I'm interested.

Steam ID = Sever126

You in NVNews Steam group? I'll make sure to invite you later.

Severian126
11-18-08, 02:58 PM
You in NVNews Steam group? I'll make sure to invite you later.

Nah I'm not part of the group yet.

six_storm
11-18-08, 03:58 PM
Well I've ran into a small conundrum. The wife is really wanting to hang with me tonight so I may not even get to play tonight. I'll be online when I can, if I can tonight. So much for playing with my NV buddies. :(

methimpikehoses
11-18-08, 04:10 PM
http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/img/facepalm.jpeg

Mr. Hunt
11-18-08, 04:13 PM
I will join if I can get back in time... not sure if I will be back from work by then or not... SID- Paul Kersey.

six_storm
11-18-08, 04:25 PM
http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/img/facepalm.jpeg

Yeah, really. I thought I would have the night off from everything, especially when I TOLD HER that I would be playing this all night, but NO! lol

It never fails that my plans get messed up but that's cool. I'll just play by myself tomorrow morning after I do 50 chores on my paid day vacation. :rolleyes:

methimpikehoses
11-18-08, 04:31 PM
Just do your "marital duty" early in the evening, then put her to bed... then you can play PC games...

or so I've heard...

:bleh:

six_storm
11-18-08, 04:46 PM
Just do your "marital duty" early in the evening, then put her to bed... then you can play PC games...

or so I've heard...

:bleh:

Actually, I won't be able to play at all tonight. Anybody not going to work tomorrow that wants to play? :D I'll be playing from about 10AM - 3PM so hit me up if you get the chance. Hope you guys have fun tonight.

poullos
11-18-08, 05:52 PM
My wife is sick ;)
I played a lot tonight :D

methimpikehoses
11-18-08, 06:27 PM
My wife is sick ;)
I played a lot tonight :D

You shouldn't poison your wife, even for new games. :thumbdwn:

crainger
11-18-08, 06:47 PM
Yeah, really. I thought I would have the night off from everything, especially when I TOLD HER that I would be playing this all night, but NO! lol

It never fails that my plans get messed up but that's cool. I'll just play by myself tomorrow morning after I do 50 chores on my paid day vacation. :rolleyes:

::rofl:

I shouldn't laugh, my ex would deliberately try to interrupt my Band of Brothers watching. She knew I loved that show. Every time without fail she'd climb on me and I'd say. "I've started watching I might as well finish now" At that time we didn't have a working VCR either. Then she'd get all moody and I'd have to try and hold my ground saying she did it EVERY time without fail and enough was enough.

Thankfully she is long gone now and Beagle and I watch Band of Brothers and game together. I'm hoping to find another chick, perhaps I can do a Left 4 Dead threeway. Hells yeah.

|MaguS|
11-18-08, 07:34 PM
I will be home in an hour whoever wants to play! :D