PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed Undercover

tornadog
11-18-08, 04:14 PM
I bet you didnt see this coming. Agreed the series has been going downhill ever since they moved to street racing. But Underground 1 and 2 and Most Wanted were still very enjoyable and polished titles.

IGN Review - 4/10 (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/931/931109p1.html)

Q
11-18-08, 04:21 PM
Carbon, Pro Street, and now this.....

Time for a reboot. Or just remake The Need For Speed.

S.I.N
11-18-08, 05:13 PM
And weren't they claiming they were going to take there time and bring it back to its roots? Profit matters more than quality I guess.

saturnotaku
11-18-08, 06:26 PM
Or just remake The Need For Speed.

That would be awesome. Use modern high performance and exotic cars such as the Lambo Murcielago, Ferrari F430, Corvette ZR1, and Nissan GT-R, as well as "every day" performance machines like a BMW M3, M-B C63 AMG, and Audi TTS. Have a selection of closed-circuit tracks, and set people loose. My favorite part of the original NFS was the vehicle showcase with the announcer that talked about each car. Bring that back, too.

Q
11-18-08, 06:53 PM
That would be awesome. Use modern high performance and exotic cars such as the Lambo Murcielago, Ferrari F430, Corvette ZR1, and Nissan GT-R, as well as "every day" performance machines like a BMW M3, M-B C63 AMG, and Audi TTS. Have a selection of closed-circuit tracks, and set people loose. My favorite part of the original NFS was the vehicle showcase with the announcer that talked about each car. Bring that back, too.

Amen.

Q
11-18-08, 07:28 PM
A friend just sent me something interesting from the .ini file.

[GameLauncherConfig]
Domain=eadm
SubDomain=eadm
PartitionKey=online_content
GUID=nfs_mostwanted2
ContentString=nfs_mostwanted2

:lame:

NaitoSan
11-18-08, 08:15 PM
I read several reviews on this one. That's really lame. I remember EA said they're going back to root with NFS series and I guess this isn't the case. Or maybe they meant upcoming NFS game? (after Undercover).

I miss old NFS with fancy exotic cars. :(

Lyme
11-19-08, 09:04 PM
I liked http://www.gamespot.com/pc/driving/needforspeed3hotpursuit/index.html the most out of all the NFS games. That being said, I'm having a pretty good time playing NFS most wanted on the 360. It would be soo much nicer with better mutiplayer. The cops and robbers thing sounds pretty good in the new game.

betterdan
11-22-08, 03:06 AM
I got this tonight and I think it's pretty decent.

crainger
11-22-08, 03:50 AM
I'm playing it too dan. But don't tell anyone.

betterdan
11-22-08, 07:44 AM
haha I won't tell.

Well I was playing it last night till my son borrowed it and is gonna return it Sunday. :(
The things I do for those kids...

crainger
11-22-08, 05:14 PM
It's pretty playable. Framerate problems are annoying though, especially when it doesn't look as good as Carbon.

betterdan
11-22-08, 05:19 PM
I didn't really notice any framerate problems and my son said he didn't either. He told me he read about the framerate problems and it was suggested to install it to the hard drive so we did. Didn't really have a problem before that either though. Seemed to load a tad quicker on the hard drive.

methimpikehoses
11-22-08, 05:55 PM
reporte

saturnotaku
11-22-08, 06:56 PM
I didn't really notice any framerate problems and my son said he didn't either. He told me he read about the framerate problems and it was suggested to install it to the hard drive so we did. Didn't really have a problem before that either though. Seemed to load a tad quicker on the hard drive.

You talking about the 360 version? The PS3 has a terrible problem with the framerate. It's almost unplayable. I'm still enjoying it, though because it's so easy. :D

betterdan
11-22-08, 07:45 PM
Yea I'm talking about the 360 version. I heard the PS3 version had bad framerate problems, don't know why though since the PS3 is supposed to have some incredible cpu that can solve world problems. :D

WCG
11-22-08, 10:00 PM
I really liked Porsche unleashed, though only a single brand of car it was quite fun. That motor city or whatever it was, the MMO was quite a blast too. I think lots of customizing (not just cabon fibre everything and NOS NOS NOS) and such and just some straight old school racing would be fun.

If you're going to have an open world, stop blocking off all the side streets with glowing yellow flashing arrow things during a race. It's open or closed. lol

Been playing it on my PS3, only framerate issue I had is when tons of cops were on me and I was cruising through the dirt.

crainger
11-22-08, 10:41 PM
Yea I'm talking about the 360 version. I heard the PS3 version had bad framerate problems, don't know why though since the PS3 is supposed to have some incredible cpu that can solve world problems. :D

I had an empty spot in my HT setup. The cell fixed that up nicely.

betterdan
11-22-08, 10:41 PM
It can. It's because NFSU is a problem, and it's trying to solve it....one frame at a time. :D

:rofl you bastard!