PDA

View Full Version : NFSU sucks :(

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Amaury
11-18-08, 07:36 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42884.html

I like the reviews done on gametrailers. They are usually spot on. Damn, was looking forward to this. Bring on Burnout Paradise for PC. Hopefully Tomb Raider Underworld won't dissapoint as well. HOT DAMN!!!!!!!!! http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42933.html

Destroy
11-18-08, 08:01 PM
NFS series has gone crap and not just recently.

I'll be buying Cobra 11: Burning Wheels as soon as it comes out in the USA.

hirantha
11-18-08, 08:22 PM
Disappointing.. i was gonna get this.. i think i still will. i have to see it my self

Amaury
11-18-08, 08:28 PM
ign gave it a poor review as well with the same comments :(

NaitoSan
11-18-08, 08:50 PM
Even Maggie Q doesn't help make game better. :p

nekrosoft13
11-18-08, 09:07 PM
who is really suprised. NFS was **** since they started with Underworld. Most Wanted was slightly better, but then it went all crap again.

NFS PU still the best.

NaitoSan
11-18-08, 09:22 PM
who is really suprised. NFS was **** since they started with Underworld. Most Wanted was slightly better, but then it went all crap again.

NFS PU still the best.
Underground, not Underworld.

jcrox
11-18-08, 09:32 PM
I can't believe they still make these games... I remember playing the 1st one, I think that might have even been on the Panasonic Real 3-DO

nekrosoft13
11-18-08, 09:41 PM
wow, pathetic

1) you can trasfer real cash to the game to buy parts, paint, vinyl, come on WTF
2) all races take place during sunrise or sunset
3) all roads are shiny
4) no diffuculty level
5) to easy
6) need to wear sunglasses while playing, haha
7) pathetic soap opera like drama story

Roliath
11-18-08, 09:46 PM
I played this game earler, on a 60in Plasma @ 1080p
Not impressed at all, sli'd 280's + quad @ 3.5ghz + 4gb ram the game ran like ass.
NOT BUYING

hemmy
11-18-08, 10:17 PM
What I posted on [H]:

Just played it. Oh my god this is an embarrassment to game development.

Horrible graphics (worse than Most Wanted), horrible sounds, horrible gameplay, horribly easy, stupid, pointless cut scenes, the worst menu system I have ever experienced.

DO NOT TOUCH THIS GAME WITH A 10 FT POLE

And yes, it ran like ass on my C2d @ 3.1, 4gb ram, GTX 260

Single Player
11-18-08, 10:17 PM
kinda fun to play , actually.. :D all that challenging and exciting you know/ Sucks? YES!!!!!! got nothing else to play so i'm forcing myself to enjoy the game. :p

i was tuning my damn evo 9 spent like 15 minutes.. was just about to drive it and BOOM!!! the game crashed,, black screen and playing music nothing else :headexplode:
damn!!! damn!!! damn!!! shame on EA!!!!

jAkUp
11-18-08, 10:48 PM
Damn this sucks, the last NFS game I really liked was Most Wanted.

hemmy
11-18-08, 11:01 PM
Damn this sucks, the last NFS game I really liked was Most Wanted.

Same. Still fun game, and if there was an expansion to it - say more cars/tracks/story line I would def. get it

But Undercover is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo easy it is just stupid.

15 seconds into the race you have already left everyone in the dust.

bob saget
11-18-08, 11:17 PM
hot pursuit 2 ftw :bleh:
paid 48 or 50 bucks for it, spent so many hours on it :)

RejZoR
11-18-08, 11:32 PM
What I posted on [H]:

Just played it. Oh my god this is an embarrassment to game development.

Horrible graphics (worse than Most Wanted), horrible sounds, horrible gameplay, horribly easy, stupid, pointless cut scenes, the worst menu system I have ever experienced.

DO NOT TOUCH THIS GAME WITH A 10 FT POLE

And yes, it ran like ass on my C2d @ 3.1, 4gb ram, GTX 260

Sorry, the only thing where i absolutely can't agree. Unless you've played it on AC97 soundcard with some generic Teac speakers, it sounds absolutely awesome on X-Fi with Altec Lansing MX5021. Engine sounds are great, gravel noise when you go offroad feels like a real thing etc.

NarcissistZero
11-19-08, 12:05 AM
Not surprised... last few NFS games have all sucked.

I agree with whoever said "bring on Burnout Paradise"... that game rocks on console, and should rock even more on PC.

hemmy
11-19-08, 12:08 AM
Sorry, the only thing where i absolutely can't agree. Unless you've played it on AC97 soundcard with some generic Teac speakers, it sounds absolutely awesome on X-Fi with Altec Lansing MX5021. Engine sounds are great, gravel noise when you go offroad feels like a real thing etc.

X-fi, and the engine sounds are fine when driving, butthats about it

Music sucks as well

RejZoR
11-19-08, 12:31 AM
The music in menus is good. Calm, almost chillout style most of the time.
But then again i prefer music from NFS3,4 and 5 (especially menu music).

The game has it's bright points and bad ones. They did some things well but they awesomely screwed up others with totally retarded direct console port.
Thats how much they value us, PC gamers. I guess they have a generic converter tool named Console2PC.exe, they drop the stuff in and it throws out PC version.
They haven't even taken time to impliment mouse support. Menus are ok, going sideways and all like PS3 menu but hello, we have mouse there you know?
Instead selecting color gradients with mouse i have to scroll around the box like i'm using Commodore 64... You see the paint and cost after you confirim everything. And they hyped dynamic painting so much. Dynamic my ass if you have to confirm everything.
Car upgrades also show the increase in performance but you have no clue how much it actually increased compared to last upgrade. Anyone who played NFS4 carrer mode knows you could nicely see how much you actually gain on each segment.
Also the story. It just doesn't feel connected. In NFS:MW, you were connected from the start, you had a real motivation to get your BMW back and climb the ladder. But here they just drop you in, show you a cut scene and thats it. You're racing just to complete races.
Maybe this improves later but i doubt it.
Can't complain over graphics. They look nice, environment is nice and warm, cars are very detailed which i like a lot. But again i hate weird micro stuttering whenn driving with outside cam. Not sure why it does that. No problems in bumper/hood cam.

Driving is different and actually weird at first but you get used to it. It feels like a combination of NFS:HP2 and Test Drive 6. Also the speed feling is totally of the chart.
Nissan runs like rocket, i don't even want to imagine how fast will Zonda or McLaren F1 feel. Oh and i like the fact there are actually exotic cars in the game. That was all about when the NFS series appeared.

It's ok though i expected more considering all the hype around "returning to roots"...

trivium nate
11-19-08, 01:04 AM
damn i guess im going to skip this one...

Ive been palying through NFS MW for like the past 2 months if i can beat 2 mroe milestones things then i can face blacklist racer #3!!! woot!
i love nfs mw but I wish their weer more cars and music in it!
at least the graphics are sweet!

RejZoR
11-19-08, 01:20 AM
It all went down after NFS5. NFS:MW was in fact one of the best new age NFS's.
So keep on playing it. It gets better when you get faster cars. Those at start are lazy bastards that hardly move till you seriously upgrade them.

saturnotaku
11-19-08, 05:16 AM
I did buy this on PC yesterday but will probably return it in favor of CoD: W@W today.

evox
11-19-08, 05:43 AM
I did buy this on PC yesterday but will probably return it in favor of CoD: W@W today.
How did you even make such a foolish purchase! D:

nekrosoft13
11-19-08, 06:17 AM
better question how can you return it

RejZoR
11-19-08, 06:27 AM
Since these games have this ****ty activation you can't even do that once you activate it.