PDA

View Full Version : More Ultra-120 product (specifically LGA-1366)

Technoholic
11-19-08, 04:32 PM
Specifically for LGA-1366. But I like their new add on Fan. ME WANT ME WANT! It's much easier than the fan clip that came with the original Ultra-120.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8444/cpu-tri-57/Thermalright_Ultra-120_eXtreme-1366_RT_CPU_Heatsink_Socket_LGA_1336.html#blank

CaptNKILL
11-19-08, 05:24 PM
I like how they actually include a fan now. That makes it a much more appealing cooler.

Needless to say, I'll be keeping my Ultra 120 Extreme for a very very long time. If I get a core i7 I'll be buying the mounting kit from Thermalright rather than buying a new cooler.

jcossin
11-19-08, 05:32 PM
Yeah, I love my cooler too but would love that new fan and mounting system. The old mounting system is crap, those clips are a pain to snap on without the bottom coming loose.

In my Antec 900 case, I point the fan blowing upward since it has the big exhaust fan out the top and it gives me VERY little room to work with snapping the fan on and off when I need to get to the power connector beneath it.

ViN86
11-19-08, 06:37 PM
I like how they actually include a fan now. That makes it a much more appealing cooler.

Needless to say, I'll be keeping my Ultra 120 Extreme for a very very long time. If I get a core i7 I'll be buying the mounting kit from Thermalright rather than buying a new cooler.

really? i didnt mind not getting a fan. i always buy a panaflo for the cooler anyway, since it's much quieter and not too expensive. and im sure they added more than the cost of the fan to the price.

Technoholic
11-19-08, 10:10 PM

I second what you say.

Blacklash
11-20-08, 12:35 AM
I'd rather keep the one I have and just get the adapter kit for 9-11usd.

Technoholic
11-24-08, 04:56 PM
Now we have a fan bracket only for Ultra-120.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8449/bra-29/Thermalright_Ultra-120_Series_Fan_Bracket.html