PDA

View Full Version : Black Mesa: Source New Media!

Pages : [1] 2

ChaoticNick
11-20-08, 12:01 PM
http://csnation.totalgamingnetwork.com/viewnews.php/10312/

Making a 12+ hour game is a monumental task, but we're still powering ahead with development and making great progress. Our programmers have been hard at work overhauling and expanding the AI, and lots of our NPCs have been brought to life by our talented voice actors. Levels and chapters continue to be worked on and fine tuned, with large sections strung together and playable. We've also begun tackling the final content of the game, some of the most creative and technically challenging stuff we've had to do yet. And team members across the board continue to push the envelope and redefine what's possible in a Source game.

While known by some hardcore Black Mesa fans, we'd like to officially state that we've upgraded to the Orange Box build of the Source engine. We're also excited to announce that we've dropped Counter-Strike: Source as a requirement for Black Mesa, and from now on, the only thing you'll need to play the mod is a Steam account with any Source engine game installed! Black Mesa is now running completely off of our own content and base Source shared content, and we felt the vastly increased user base more then justified creating all the extra assets needed to make this switch.

More screens in link.

http://csnation.totalgamingnetwork.com/writeable/images/uploaded/image_44476.jpg

:nana:

evox
11-20-08, 12:16 PM
I honestly thought this game went Vaporware. Guess not. Woo?

XP_GUN
11-20-08, 12:59 PM
Looks really good, I have been keeping track of it since its days after Half Life 2 was released. I wonder what percent of the game is done.

Dragunov
11-20-08, 01:13 PM
At last we are getting results

v3rninater
11-20-08, 04:21 PM
Would be nice to know what is happening more frequently with this mod. It seems like they take a good half year to give updates. But understandable, I want this game to be phenominal especially from modders. HL1 was one heck of a game, at least to me, and I hope they can bring back that magic from before, yet, make it much, much better!(nana2)

MaXThReAT
11-20-08, 04:44 PM

poullos
11-20-08, 04:54 PM
Keeping back from playing HL1 for this mod. :)

breathemetal
11-20-08, 05:01 PM
I hope we see this before I have kids -_-

WeReWoLf
11-20-08, 05:20 PM
I hope we see this before I have kids -_-

Me too, and i've still got another 5-10 years before kids, if i have any.

breathemetal
11-20-08, 05:43 PM
I dont even want kids for a good 10-15 years (im 18) so i hope i dont have to worry about this taking that long lol

Bokishi
11-20-08, 05:47 PM
2010 release hopefully?

Eliminator
11-20-08, 06:11 PM
this will be out around the same time duke nukem forever will be released and hexen edge of chaos (doom 3 mod)....

RejZoR
11-20-08, 06:34 PM
It's advancing nicely. These guys will certanly get a job in some studio after release of Black Mesa TC. I wouldn't mind if they fund them as special team for remaking old games into new ones. I'd like these guys to work on Deus Ex 1 and System Shock 2 omg omg

AngelGraves13
11-20-08, 07:30 PM
Lets hope they move to the Left 4 Dead Source engine later since it's better optimized.

sillyeagle
11-20-08, 08:23 PM
I bet this is only 50% done, maybe 60% at best.

ChaoticNick
11-20-08, 08:53 PM
Lets hope they move to the Left 4 Dead Source engine later since it's better optimized.

I'm sure the Orange Box engine is good enough, I thought in Left 4 Dead they just added some filters and contrast tweaks.

nutcrackr
11-21-08, 01:38 AM
at least they are still going, lets hope they just release what they have done if they end up stopping.

AngelGraves13
11-21-08, 01:41 AM
I'm sure the Orange Box engine is good enough, I thought in Left 4 Dead they just added some filters and contrast tweaks.

What about proper dual core support and multithreading more than particle effects.

Burnt_Ram
11-21-08, 08:34 AM
What about proper dual core support and multithreading more than particle effects.
does L4D have better multicore support than orange box? sorry don't have L4D.

FastRedPonyCar
11-21-08, 09:49 AM
still waiting but not holding my breath. This is good news but i whish they'd update more often..even if it's just a quick "here's what's happening lately" update.

I would honestly be EXTREMELY happy if it got done or Valve gave them the resources (be it money or man) to have this done and include it in the EP3 release package like they did with Portal. That would sell SOO many more copies.

trivium nate
11-21-08, 10:09 AM
sweet!!!

yo rem this thing?
http://csnation.totalgamingnetwork.com/writeable/images/uploaded/image_44474.jpg

grey_1
11-21-08, 11:44 AM
I want this so bad. I'll vote this remake GOTY. :p

CaptNKILL
11-21-08, 03:10 PM
Wow that monster looks awesome.

That part of the game was pretty frustrating from what I remember... :p

AngelGraves13
11-21-08, 06:14 PM
does L4D have better multicore support than orange box? sorry don't have L4D.

Much! The orange box engine is supposed to be upgraded to the L4D engine along with HL2 and Episode 1 in the future so they all share the same engine.

NarcissistZero
11-21-08, 11:15 PM
still waiting but not holding my breath. This is good news but i whish they'd update more often..even if it's just a quick "here's what's happening lately" update.

I would honestly be EXTREMELY happy if it got done or Valve gave them the resources (be it money or man) to have this done and include it in the EP3 release package like they did with Portal. That would sell SOO many more copies.

Agree... game companies need to realize remakes have a place in the market. Look at all the people who purchase a movie over and over for a better transfer or more extras.