PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 FTW!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

mailman2
11-22-08, 11:42 AM
I have it on my other HDD, but I never really even use it. I like it, but everything I do is on XP. I wish I had the x64 version though. I do like, but then again, I liked Vista x64, too.

The x64 version is out there. If you acquired the x86 version, you didn't really get it legitimatly anyways but you'd have an idea of where to find it. Its out there, Windows 7 x64 build 6801.

six_storm
11-22-08, 12:55 PM
So where can I obtain a copy of W7 x64? :wonder:

I was going to back my gaming rig up via Acronis this morning and thought I might try it if I can get my hands on a copy.

nekrosoft13
11-22-08, 01:53 PM
the usual places

six_storm
11-22-08, 02:25 PM
Can't find any good x64 torrents so I'll try to see if I can get a speedy x32 torrent going today. I hear that you only have 30 days on this? If so, I may have to load this into a VM.

mailman2
11-22-08, 04:13 PM
So where can I obtain a copy of W7 x64? :wonder:

I was going to back my gaming rig up via Acronis this morning and thought I might try it if I can get my hands on a copy.

do you have newsgroup access? (usenet)

glObalist
11-23-08, 06:28 AM
Crysis Warhead was playable (and more importantly smooth) at 1680x1050 2xAA, Gamer, DX10. Its not in Vista.

Left 4 Dead - much less tearing and just felt alot smoother. I havent tested FPS but it's the difference I feel between playing a game in Vista and XP. Vista just feels choppier and slower to me. Windows 7 was butter smooth and FPS felt faster.

Care to provide some benchmarks or you're gonna just continue to drivel? I bet you a cookie there's no FPS difference whatsoever.

mailman2
11-23-08, 09:55 AM
Care to provide some benchmarks or you're gonna just continue to drivel? I bet you a cookie there's no FPS difference whatsoever.

No, not really. Grab copy and do it yourself. I don't care to convince anyone, I was just posting my results of using Windows 7. :D

I bet you a cookie you're too lazy to do that. :)

Burnt_Ram
11-23-08, 10:08 AM
Dialup sucks!! If it weren't for that, I'd sign up for Win7 beta program, ARGH!where do you go to sign up for the "beta" program? i have looked but no luck ...

six_storm
11-23-08, 10:31 AM
Finally, it downloaded overnight and I'm installing it under VMWare Server. I haven't messed with VMWare Server in a while, but it's extremely familiar via ESXi Server ;) For some reason, VirtualBox would not try to install it. Will post comments later.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7300/windows7installak2.jpg

mailman2
11-23-08, 11:42 AM
where do you go to sign up for the "beta" program? i have looked but no luck ...

the same places you download anything you didnt "purchase".

You cant sign up for the beta, there will be a public RC beta next year. For now there is a leaked copy of 6801 from PDC floating around the net you can "acquire".

Burnt_Ram
11-23-08, 12:27 PM

You cant sign up for the beta, there will be a public RC beta next year. For now there is a leaked copy of 6801 from PDC floating around the net you can "acquire".

i've seen the alpha builds around ;) i thought you could legtimately sign up now for the beta build testing .. guess not.

ASUSEN7900GTX
11-23-08, 03:11 PM
sounds like WIn 7 is the one to go for

six_storm
11-23-08, 08:20 PM
I found 2 junk 120GB drives today so I'll be installing W7 on one of them later this week.

Shamrock
11-23-08, 10:22 PM
where do you go to sign up for the "beta" program? i have looked but no luck ...

MSDN professional subscriptions, and it's already begun
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/resources/respec/betatest.mspx

Public beta set to release Mid-December.
http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1582

Burnt_Ram
11-24-08, 08:02 AM

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1582hey, thanks for the links. appreciated :)

DoItForTheKids
11-24-08, 08:45 AM
im running it right now and it runs very, very fast.

Sazar
11-24-08, 09:47 AM

http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1582

I can't see it in my subscription :(

Tr1cK
11-24-08, 09:52 AM
I can't believe the posts advocating (lee) havent been deleted.

Q
11-24-08, 10:33 AM
I can't believe the posts advocating (lee) havent been deleted.

Tr1ck! I'm ashamed!

You know that piracy is only shunned here if it involves VIDEO GAMES. You can post images from magazine scans and talk about pirated Operating Systems all day long. Oh wait, maybe it's the fact that its an Alpha/Beta build that makes it OK....

I guess I should bust out that leaked beta copy of HL2 I "acquired" then! LOLZ!

(lee)(lee)(lee)(lee)(lee)(lee)(lee)(lee)(lee)(lee) (lee)(lee)(lee)(nana2)(nana2)(nana2)(lee)(lee)

Dreamingawake
11-24-08, 10:36 AM
piracy isn't funny.

you guys should feel bad for 'acquiring' things the way you do.

it's wrong.

mailman2
11-24-08, 10:47 AM
piracy isn't funny.

you guys should feel bad for 'acquiring' things the way you do.

it's wrong.

Its a timed bombed beta. Not the same as a game with a crack that is full retail. I can't believe some people don't even understand that there is a difference. MS put this out for Devs to play with. If they didn't think this would make the rounds they wouldn't have timed bombed it - plus it's not even a beta... so it's worthless in the monetary sense. Alot different than a finished $50 retail game with a crack bypassing its security!

I have a feeling you are just jealous its not running on your PC right now. Its not like anyone is giving out links to download it, just conversation about something that is in early beta.

Tr1ck no one is even advocating piracy. All I can say is Windows 7 is alot faster and better than Vista!!

Q
11-24-08, 10:53 AM
Its a timed bombed beta. Not the same as a game with a crack that is full retail. I can't believe some people don't even understand that there is a difference. MS put this out for Devs to play with. If they didn't think this would make the rounds they wouldn't have timed bombed it - plus it's not even a beta... so it's worthless in the monetary sense. Alot different than a finished $50 retail game with a crack bypassing its security!

I have a feeling you are just jealous its not running on your PC right now. Its not like anyone is giving out links to download it, just conversation about something that is in early beta.

Tr1ck no one is even advocating piracy. All I can say is Windows 7 is alot faster and better than Vista!!

There IS a difference. But if your violating the license you're still, in all technicality, pirating.

einstein_314
11-24-08, 10:57 AM

You're right, it's you who's advocating piracy, not Trick.

And why do you think that because Microsoft put it out for DEVS to play with that you should be able to play with it too? Are you a dev? Sure it's timebombed, and you can't make any money off of it, and they aren't really losing any money off of either, but it's the fact that you're stealing it that's the problem.

I'll admit that I have a few not so legitimate programs, but I don't openly discuss the fact that they are. I thought we had a rule here about talking about piracy.

I have no problem discussing the Windows 7 alpha release, lets just keep the talk of how to get it and piracy out of it.

Tr1cK
11-24-08, 10:58 AM

Are you a Dev? Devs don't 'acquire' things through torrent sites.

spokenfor
11-24-08, 11:20 AM

+1