View Full Version : Windows 7 FTW!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Tr1cK
11-25-08, 12:40 PM
Wife: check
Career: check
Mortgage: check
Kids: hahaha not holding my breath

Seriously, you're posting about a non-issue for practically everyone. I've not experienced any mouse lag in Vista and your benchmarks show increases of like 1% or less. Nevermind the fact that Windows 7 is still months away and you and whomever else acquired it illegally.

Redeemed
11-25-08, 12:43 PM

Seriously, you're posting about a non-issue for practically everyone. I've not experienced any mouse lag in Vista and your benchmarks show increases of like 1% or less. Nevermind the fact that Windows 7 is still months away and you and whomever else acquired it illegally.

:lol:

Poor wittle guy...! :p

nekrosoft13
11-25-08, 12:44 PM
btw, he wasn't banned because of your "report"

mailman2
11-25-08, 12:45 PM

Well I never noticed it until I went back to Vista and jumped into Left 4 dead. I didnt say it was there all the time, but in Left 4 Dead there was certainly an input lag that is not in Windows 7.

nekrosoft13
11-25-08, 12:45 PM
nm

lduguay
11-25-08, 12:46 PM
Before I joined here I was a long time lurker and dude you sound an aweful lot like this other character named conrojoe who was banned awhile back.

Kevpla? It's you?

:)

Redeemed
11-25-08, 12:49 PM
Kevpla? It's you?

:)

I was thinking rob, actually.

CaptNKILL
11-25-08, 02:11 PM
*Reported* ConroeJoe AGAIN this time as Spokenfor. Bye.

looks like he's already been banned

That was Rob.

Jeez, you don't even know your own name, do you Joe?

nekrosoft13
11-25-08, 02:17 PM
That was Rob.

Jeez, you don't even know your own name, do you Joe?

:afro: maybe he got DID (Dissociative identity disorder)

evox
11-25-08, 04:16 PM
Mailman always ****s on Vista. Whats new?

einstein_314
11-25-08, 06:48 PM
Well I never noticed it until I went back to Vista and jumped into Left 4 dead. I didnt say it was there all the time, but in Left 4 Dead there was certainly an input lag that is not in Windows 7.
So you're saying you only notice the mouse lag in Left 4 Dead in Vista. Not in any other games or applications? And your conclusion is that it's Vista's fault? I'm sorry but I'm highly skeptical. Sounds more like a Left 4 Dead bug to me.

hemmy
11-25-08, 11:38 PM

I got my copy from someone who attended PDC this year

Not everyone has it illegally

saturnotaku
11-26-08, 08:49 AM

So much for you being done with this thread.

nekrosoft13
11-26-08, 08:57 AM
I got my copy from someone who attended PDC this year

Not everyone has it illegally

technically that is not legal as well.

Dreamingawake
11-26-08, 09:20 AM
who gives a crap what other people do?

it's not our place to say if someone else can or can't download something.

we are citizens we do not 'uphold' the laws..lol

stop trying to be so tough, and pretend that you don't download things either..........:o

twotone8
01-14-09, 09:13 PM
there IS a mouse lag in left for dead under vista 64 for me.
i've been trying to deal with it for days now.

what is wrong with you people? what point is there in accusing him of making up an imaginary problem? there are those of us out there looking for legitimate answers to a legitimate problem.

Bearclaw
01-14-09, 09:21 PM

what is wrong with you people? what point is there in accusing him of making up an imaginary problem? there are those of us out there looking for legitimate answers to a legitimate problem.
Rob, stop making names. Get a life. ;)

Redeemed
01-14-09, 10:08 PM
who gives a crap what other people do?

it's not our place to say if someone else can or can't download something.

we are citizens we do not 'uphold' the laws..lol

stop trying to be so tough, and pretend that you don't download things either..........:o

The last piece of software I acquired illegally was back in late 2001. Since then, I've purchased everything. See, I used to pirate it too... and then one day I realized that these companies that I was stealing from, well, the average Joe employed by them probably doesn't make a ton of money. I then realized that if anything I should purchase the software so that average Joe could keep his job. And, hopefully, the more profitable that company is the more profit average Joe will receive.

If you disagree with this logic, then I suppose you wont mind if I just driveo ff with your new car. I mean, obviously you can just afford to replace it... no?

mailman2
01-14-09, 11:03 PM

The problem is you can really only feel the difference if you come right from XP to Vista. I have both Oses setup so in seconds I can go from XP to Vista. When I do that is when this input lag is really noticable. People only running Vista more than likely wouldnt even know this exists.

jlippo
01-20-09, 02:39 AM
Have you tried to tweak prerender limit on nhancer?
I have found that it helps to decrease the value to 1 or 2 in case of sluggy controls.

mullet
01-20-09, 10:09 AM
I can't say I've ever noticed any "mouse lag" in vista. At least not compared to XP. Maybe XP also has input lag. Or maybe mailman is a quack. :D

Yeah its like saying I hate GMC trucks but I love Silverado trucks there built a ton better. :rolleyes:

I have no mouse lagg with Vista64 at all. I haven't has 1 single problem. I do have Win-7 on the wife's rig and its locked up several times. Accessing the games sub menu locked it up hard, HL2 crash's on exit, side bar stopped working and will not come up, some restarts hang.

Anyone that says Win-7 is more refined then Vista SP1 is lost. I will say that Win-7 beta is smoother then Vista beta with out stating the obvious.

Sean_W
01-20-09, 11:00 AM
Yes they optimized Windows 7, no surprise is it really, they needed to, it's their only way into the netbook/eePC business, they can't sell a 8 year old OS forever.

Windows 7 is better from what I've played around with it.

ASUSEN7900GTX
01-20-09, 11:05 AM
does anyone know what kind of versions W7 is coming in?

is it like vista 3-4different versions where ultimarte is the "best"?=one can wonder

so is it like XP 32/64 ?

Bearclaw
01-20-09, 11:22 AM
It SHOULD just be 64 bit, IMO.

six_storm
01-20-09, 11:30 AM
It SHOULD just be 64 bit, IMO.

+1

I'm going to install W7 x64 on my workstation today, Vista has gotten way too slow for me.