PDA

View Full Version : Pre-purchase GTA IV on Steam, Get Vice City Free!

evox
11-21-08, 09:41 PM
You can pre-purchase GTA IV on Steam and get Vice City for free and to play right now!

Unlike other Rockstar Games, GTA IV doesn't seem to be locked to US-only. :)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/12210/

nutcrackr
11-21-08, 09:52 PM
I can't see it in Australia :(

six_storm
11-21-08, 10:15 PM
Nice. I'll be waiting on this one for a little while.

NarcissistZero
11-21-08, 11:01 PM
Already bought the GTA games on Steam, just to have them there. I'll pre-purchase this on payday anyway though, and give my Vice City away.

Anyone want it?

Dreamweavernoob
11-21-08, 11:34 PM
Already bought the GTA games on Steam, just to have them there. I'll pre-purchase this on payday anyway though, and give my Vice City away.

Anyone want it?

Raises hand tentatively :o

NarcissistZero
11-22-08, 12:26 AM
Raises hand tentatively :o

I'll buy it Monday... if you still want it Sunday night, send me a PM.

LordJuanlo
11-22-08, 07:58 AM
Wow, this one is available in Europe, and at the same price. Thanks Rockstar

Arachnid
11-22-08, 09:13 AM
I can't see it in Australia :(

I can see it here (India) but I can't buy it, doesn't matter though if the local distributor is to be believed the game is releasing here for US $ 12, I should be able to get it through a special discount store here for US $ 10. (nana2)

AngelGraves13
11-22-08, 03:57 PM
I'd like to buy it, but then I'd have to sell my extra GTA Vice City for $5.

XDanger
11-22-08, 04:22 PM
Saints Row 2 aswell on steam , wow they really have the whole PC angle on games sewn up,kewl

shame this wasn't a while back , GTAIV would have been 20 instead of 27

Whats the current online price of GTAIV in the states?

Dreamweavernoob
11-24-08, 08:13 AM
Saints Row 2 aswell on steam , wow they really have the whole PC angle on games sewn up,kewl

shame this wasn't a while back , GTAIV would have been 20 instead of 27

Whats the current online price of GTAIV in the states?

xdanger, just out of curiousity, how much tax do you get charged?

For Left 4 Dead they wanted a total of $58.62 after tax.... Just wondering if this is extortion or not :|

cheers

Dreamweavernoob
11-24-08, 08:14 AM
I'll buy it Monday... if you still want it Sunday night, send me a PM.

Will do. LOVE Vice city so much.

Cheers

WeReWoLf
11-24-08, 10:22 AM
Confirmed, nothing to pre-purchase here for aussies.

nekrosoft13
11-24-08, 10:32 AM
still not sure if i should bother with GTA IV, played it a bit on 360, really not impressed, but to be fair haven't really played much.

GTA series have been up and down, liked some titles, hated others.

GTA=great
GTA2=bad
GTA3=ok, kept me busy for a while
GTAvice=better, but didn't play it that much, because felt like did that done that
GTAsan= horrible
GTAIV=????

Dreamweavernoob
11-24-08, 10:45 AM
still not sure if i should bother with GTA IV, played it a bit on 360, really not impressed, but to be fair haven't really played much.

GTA series have been up and down, liked some titles, hated others.

GTA=great
GTA2=bad
GTA3=ok, kept me busy for a while
GTAvice=better, but didn't play it that much, because felt like did that done that
GTAsan= horrible
GTAIV=????

I never played the first couple of then (parents thought to violent etc etc). GTA 3 Was ****ing fantastic :D Never had so much fun.

What is amusing though is that I was quite young (12-13) when it came out. My parents didnt want to me buy an 18 certificate game so I took a screenshot of the website with the bit where it showed the age (eg 17+ for mature audiences, contains strong violence nad language.

Changed it to mature 13+ contains mild violence and language.,

They let me buy it (well it came as present). That night when I was playing on the PC with my friends, my dad happened to notice me skid over a few guys, proceed to execute a few others and beat some hooker with a baseball bat.

Managed to keep it though :D

/stupid story.

GTA Vice city was even better (though nothing can remove GTA 3 from my heart). So much more stuff, fantastic music etc.

GTA San andreas. WTF? The worst piece of **** to hit the PC in a LOOOOOOOONG time. Im sorry but the whole ***** scene with drugs and rap just did not appeal to me.

urrrgh.

Cant wait for GTA IV. Hopefully it will run well on my pc and more importantly be alot of fun :D

p.s anyone know how it will run on my pc?

mailman2
11-24-08, 10:57 AM
GTA IV is absolutley magnificent. But once the PC version got announced I quit playing it on the 360. Shooting controls for me with the controller blows. I'm awful with them so I had some troubles in shooting missions. Higher resolution, textures and frame rates coupled with mouse and keyboard shooting.... I can't wait!!!

NarcissistZero
11-25-08, 10:23 PM
That other dude never PM'd me, so if anyone wants Vice City they should do so. First one to do so gets it.

evox
11-25-08, 11:13 PM
That other dude never PM'd me, so if anyone wants Vice City they should do so. First one to do so gets it.
Ahhh, I need to buy VC for PC.. But damn, retail or Steam. And now your free gift...

Ah well, grats to whoever who gets it. :)

NarcissistZero
11-25-08, 11:51 PM
For all those without replies, Crainger won.

evox
11-26-08, 12:37 AM
For all those without replies, Crainger won.
He won your soul too. Now lube up :D

crainger
11-26-08, 02:14 AM
::wonder::

NarcissistZero
11-26-08, 02:39 AM
Now lube up :D

I think you have that reversed... if I'm the one handing out a game, he's definately the one on bottom.