PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 Dead Xbox360 Demo??

d2thez
11-26-08, 12:31 PM
A week ago I would have bet the farm that a Left 4 Dead 360 demo was released. But when I actually went to download over the weekend, I couldn't find it on Live.

Can anybody confirm if an actuall demo for the 360 was released on Live?? I am only a silver member right now so maybe that is why?

JaylumX
11-26-08, 12:41 PM
There was one. I d'ld and played it with 4 other people (random). Microsoft of Valve removed the demo for whatever reason they deemed.

six_storm
11-26-08, 01:04 PM
They pulled the demo on the 360 and PC when the full game released. But hey, the game is worth the money so go buy it.

|MaguS|
11-26-08, 07:48 PM
I could not imagine playing the game with a gamepad. It so demands quick response and precises aiming.

betterdan
11-26-08, 08:07 PM
I could not imagine playing the game with a gamepad. It so demands quick response and precises aiming.

It's kind of like how typing on a keyboard takes precise spelling. :p

|MaguS|
11-26-08, 08:17 PM
It's kind of like how typing on a keyboard takes precise spelling. :p

Bah I'm on my iPhone and it's got shifty spell check.... Ass!

betterdan
11-26-08, 09:56 PM
:D

NarcissistZero
11-26-08, 10:12 PM

Agreed... the 360 demo really made me stand up and say "PC FTW"... and this is coming from someone who's been playing console FPS since Halo and never complained.

crainger
11-27-08, 01:04 AM
Why remove a demo? Are they saying we have enough people now. Go find another game?

sytaylor
11-27-08, 06:02 AM
See I found it boring.

How does it differ from any other FPS? It's as pretty as HL2 without the interactivity, or fun puzzles.

NarcissistZero
11-27-08, 07:44 AM
See I found it boring.

How does it differ from any other FPS? It's as pretty as HL2 without the interactivity, or fun puzzles.

It's really nothing like Half Life 2, and even if it were Half Life 2 is like the best FPS ever, so that would be a good thing.

sytaylor
11-27-08, 08:34 AM
HL2 is a good game I know. I loved it.

How does it differentiate itself though? The killing thing isnt as fun as say GOW, where there's a pleasant splat, the atmospherics aren't as good as bioshock, throw fallout 3 into the mix and its in a tough market.

All I can see it having is teamplay. Even then. It's just lacking in the FUN department as far as I can tell.

NarcissistZero
11-27-08, 10:41 AM
The atmosphere is pretty good... the graphics are pretty crap on the 360 version, but on PC it looks quite good and is very spooky.

Gameplay could not be more different from HL2 really... it's extremely fast-paced and frantic, which HL2 rarely was. It's fundementally based on co-op, which HL2 didn't even have. The goal is to keep moving, not explore, which goes against HL2's vibe. It's not very story oriented, which HL2 was. It never stops for scenes, story or cinemas, which HL2 did all the time. It has no physics, which was the centerpiece of HL2. It has no vehicles, which HL2 had.

Really, the games are very far apart.

I guess we're just two minds on this though, because the FUN part is what I think it completely HAS, and has focused on more than anything. Loading the game up and sprinting through a zombie wasteland is fun as hell. With the no doubt hordes of mods and skins that will come to the game it should be a complete AAA title in no time.

Maybe you're playing the 360 version though, despite your awesome rig in your sig. If that's the case I can see being dissapointed... the 360 game looks fugly, controls horribly and will lack all user made content and, judging by TF2, most of Valve's content. Left 4 Dead is a PC exclusive really... the REAL game that is.

crainger
11-27-08, 02:38 PM
L4D is all about co-op. If you don't have friends like sy then you'll find it boring like he does. ::(:

d2thez
11-27-08, 06:50 PM
I have a PC quite powerful enough to play it, but I am not a big fan of Steam which I assume this requires correct?

I was going to try the x360 version strictly because of that!

crainger
11-27-08, 08:08 PM
Steam installs on 360 also.

NarcissistZero
11-28-08, 03:54 PM
I don't know how one could hate Steam but be fine with Xbox Live.

Also, this game just NEEDS to be played on PC. The mods and Valve updates will be what makes this game worth the money and sustains it. Look at TF2 on 360... no one plays it.