PDA

View Full Version : XBox 360 "Jasper" finally spotted in the wild.

Pages : [1] 2

Medion
11-27-08, 04:10 PM
While not 100%, it's as close as possible without physically dismantling the system and measuring the chips.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/27/apparent-xbox-360-jasper-spotted-in-the-wild/

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=668038

Lot number seems to be 0843X

Lyme
11-27-08, 10:08 PM
But is it any quieter?

Medion
11-27-08, 10:23 PM
No, the Lite-On drive included with it seems to be very loud. Installing your games seems to be the best option.

Medion
11-28-08, 12:21 AM
The XBox360 Arcade (the unit that ships without a HDD) used to come with a 256MB memory card. The Jasper version comes without the memory card, and instead, has the 256MB built-in internally. So far, all confirmed Jaspers are Arcades, so no word on whether the Pro/Elites will have the 256MB built-in, in addition to the HDD.

Still, if you want a 120GB HDD, buying an Arcade + the HDD is cheaper right now than buying an elite, unless you absolutely must have the console in black. As far as I know, the only other benefits to the elite are that it comes with a headset and HDMI cable.

crainger
11-28-08, 12:23 AM
LOL

360 is getting more and more mysterious. In the wild. Finally they see a Jasper. ::bleh::

HiCZoK4
11-28-08, 01:30 AM
So what ? Games still perform the same fps and I dont really think its any more quiet than after nxe installs

Medion
11-28-08, 08:07 AM
So what ? Games still perform the same fps and I dont really think its any more quiet than after nxe installs

Regarding framerate, you're right, it's the same. Also regarding noise, likely, they sound the same. However, they're still a huge benefit to waiting another week or two to find Jasper, over buying a Falcon now.

-Jasper uses less power
-Produces less heat
-Is less prone to failure

If you're going to pay the same price regardless, why not get the superior model? Some Wal-Marts already have Jasper in stock. My local WM is 3 weeks behind on supply right now (Lot0840, as opposed to 0843). I'll check the BX today. But, it seems like I can still potentially get a Jasper before Christmas.

crainger
11-28-08, 02:46 PM
I'm waiting for the Simon revision thanks.

betterdan
11-28-08, 03:11 PM
I heard the Simon version won't even have a power supply and will be deathly quiet. The frame rates are still being worked on though because as of right now they are 0.

Lyme
11-28-08, 11:36 PM
So what ? Games still perform the same fps

Through each revision of the 360, the games will still perform at the same fps. That is the point.

crainger
11-29-08, 01:27 AM
Through each revision of the 360, the games will still perform at the same fps. That is the point.

I'm from a PC background and I find that hard to believe. Surely when they release a revision it MUST get faster!

::D:

Lyme
11-29-08, 10:43 AM
It is the underclocking method.

NarcissistZero
11-29-08, 11:14 AM
Jasper is still a hot suicide girl.

Lyme
11-29-08, 06:00 PM
Jasper is still a hot suicide girl.

It isn't so bad once you've popped a cherry or two.

ViN86
11-29-08, 06:09 PM
I'm from a PC background and I find that hard to believe. Surely when they release a revision it MUST get faster!

::D:

tbh, the only changes they have made have been to make the machine quieter, prevent overheating, and address the dreaded RROD issue.

saturnotaku
11-29-08, 06:34 PM
-Is less prone to failure

Until the inevitable DVD drive failure that comes with using Lite-On.

crainger
11-29-08, 10:57 PM
tbh, the only changes they have made have been to make the machine quieter, prevent overheating, and address the dreaded RROD issue.

I don't think there is much they can do to address those issues. The only thing that can is getting some sort of extended warranty or insurance from a big store who are happy to trade. Even then that'll cause delays/problems with DRM. ::(:

Still I'm on my 1st 360, It's horizontal, plenty of air and now only plays games from HDD. Seems pretty stable.

nekrosoft13
11-30-08, 01:46 AM
360 will go down in history as single gaming system with most failures.

btw, i seen jasper systems in my Local Best Buy and Fry's.

Lyme
11-30-08, 11:40 AM
I don't think there is much they can do to address those issues. The only thing that can is getting some sort of extended warranty or insurance from a big store who are happy to trade. Even then that'll cause delays/problems with DRM. ::(:

Extending the warranty does not address hardware failures, it addresses warranty issues. Improving the quality of the hardware addresses hardware failures.

crainger
11-30-08, 03:34 PM
::bleh::

You know what I meant. I should have said. To make your gaming life easier wit the 360...

To address hardware failures you should buy a PS3.

iflop
11-30-08, 03:46 PM
Can you get them on Arcade SKU's? My 360 have been very picky lately on which games it want's to play. DMC4 demo and game disc both crash after the fist FMV.

Medion
11-30-08, 06:40 PM
Can you get them on Arcade SKU's? My 360 have been very picky lately on which games it want's to play. DMC4 demo and game disc both crash after the fist FMV.

Most of the first confirmed Jaspers were Arcade models. I haven't seen a confirmed Pro or Elite yet, but I've heard of them.

Lyme
12-01-08, 08:18 PM
::bleh::

You know what I meant. I should have said. To make your gaming life easier wit the 360...

To address hardware failures you should buy a PS3.

But I just bought LIPS, and it doesn't work on the PS3 :(

crainger
12-01-08, 08:37 PM
Trade it for Singstar.

betterdan
12-01-08, 08:44 PM
I bought lips too but they were attached to some strung out hooker. She sang like crap but damn she could blow.