PDA

View Full Version : The Witcher goes console

sl0ppy_sec0nds
11-29-08, 07:46 PM
http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=57896

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/292934.html

nutcrackr
11-29-08, 08:02 PM
your name is apt for this thread subject?

no but seriously they said a while back, hope it sells good so they can make witcher 2 epic.

crainger
11-29-08, 08:07 PM
Ima buy this one too. ::D:

So far I've bought
The Witcher (Sold)
The Witcher: Collectors
The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

breathemetal
11-29-08, 08:49 PM
i still need to get the enhanced edition

|MaguS|
11-29-08, 08:54 PM
Nice, The additions look to make it worth the repurchase!

Noriega
11-30-08, 03:03 AM
They should make Witcher 2 for PC

crainger
11-30-08, 03:16 AM
They should, but why not show console gamers there is more to life than rescuing ungrateful princesses. ::D:

Noriega
11-30-08, 03:26 AM
They cheated PC gamers I'm going to make some terrorist attack I don't have far away to cd projekt studio!

Medion
11-30-08, 04:13 AM
I JUST ordered Witcher Enhanced for PC...

hirantha
11-30-08, 08:44 AM
i just love the music of this game.. Witcher 2 is not a bad idea.

|MaguS|
11-30-08, 08:46 AM
i just love the music of this game.. Witcher 2 is not a bad idea.

Didn't you hear? Witcher 2 will be a Wii exclusive...

hirantha
11-30-08, 09:50 AM
Didn't you hear? Witcher 2 will be a Wii exclusive...

haha no, hope they wont take that path. Wii will not be able to bring out the beauty of that game, not any console for that matter.

NarcissistZero
11-30-08, 02:15 PM
Sounds good... not a repurchase for me, this kind of game works better on PC and I'm in a PC mood now-a-days, but... glad console-only gamers can play The Witcher.

(Also, I like that I can patch the game to be uncensored, rather than deal with the cuts made for the U.S. release).

It is kind of a hit to the PC exclusive line-up, sadly. Oh well... there are many reasons for PC gaming to remain popular and become moreso, not just exclusive games.

Mr. Hunt
11-30-08, 02:46 PM
Not sure if I will buy it again, but definitely glad more people will get to play it, AND that the devs will make some more money off a great game.

crainger
11-30-08, 03:31 PM
I guess that's a total of 4 games Mr Hunt likes.

MaxFX
11-30-08, 04:34 PM
eeh good I guess so they hopefully get som more cash for Witcher 2 :D

BTW I dont have played any RPG's if I am honest, if course Zelda for Nintendo but have never get into it on the Pc but maybe im should but I earlier just find it a pain in the ars. haha.

So what do you say guys maybe it's time for me to get into some RPG to as everyone else so any advice on a not to advanced RPG would be nice, maybe this the Witcher is a nice start for an RPG noob ???

I dont want to mutch poking around I want more action and if im corectly the most RPG these days are ?

I thought Bioshock was like an RPG/FPS what I like if one can call it that, more some RPG elements but you get my drift :)

raystorm
11-30-08, 04:45 PM
Certainly good news for console gamers IF the port is well done and tailored for controller gameplay. My bro's computer sucks but he liked what he saw when I was playing my copy of The Witcher so this will be up his alley for sure.

As for The Witcher 2..c'mon now.. we all know its coming. The Witcher sold well, garnered plenty of praise from gamers and critics...etc. Its inevitable but hopefully won't take too long.

HiCZoK4
12-01-08, 03:11 AM
I am waiting for 360edition. I passed the game on PC and would get it for console sure

crainger
12-01-08, 04:10 AM
Don't pass on PC version Hiscok. Everyone needs to buy it nao!

EciDemon
12-01-08, 04:40 AM
HiCZoK4, you missed a _great_ game there but you get your chance now :)

But I'm thinking a console version will be very censored *no naked dryads for yoo!*

|MaguS|
12-01-08, 07:50 AM
But I'm thinking a console version will be very censored *no naked dryads for yoo!*

Not if the developer has any care for its source material. Because its going to console does not mean it needs to be censored... God of War had nudity and sex aplenty.

MaxFX
12-01-08, 11:11 AM
Oh well maybe I just hold on to the PS3 version drops in, that way I can get into RPG relaxed on my couch and they said the console versions will get better textures then the Pc version and new content to.

How's that for a change, nicer textures on the console version, sign my up :D

NaitoSan
12-01-08, 01:28 PM
Great news. I haven't gotten PC edition, yet. My brother got enhanced edition (import) and I got a chance to see it in action. The animation is kinda stiffly and weird at some parts but overall, great looking game.

With all new engine, new animation, and many things... that does look very promising.