PDA

View Full Version : God of War III to be unveiled at Spike's VGA

Pages : [1] 2

|MaguS|
12-02-08, 10:54 AM
I hope its more then a CG Trailer, I loved the other games of the series. Probably some of the best games and I dout that this one will disappoint. They lead in technology on the PS2 so lets see what they will do with the PS3! :D

Ninjaman09
12-02-08, 12:09 PM
Can't wait. One of my favorite game series right now, although I missed the PSP one. I'd pick it up but I'm juggling WoW, Fallout 3, and Chrono Trigger right now.

S.I.N
12-02-08, 12:10 PM
I just finished part one and ordered 2 from Amazon for $9 which I hope is as good. Amazon has them on sale for $6 and $9 so if you have never played them grab them. Part one also looks great on the PS3 in progressive scan.

LurkerLito
12-02-08, 12:43 PM
Part 2 was just as good as part 1 IMO. I can't wait for the third installment. It's one of the few games I won't wait for a sale before buying it.

I wish I had a PSP only for the GoW game on that system, but I just can't justify spending that much money to play one game and maybe the Clank game.

NaitoSan
12-02-08, 01:03 PM
I gave up finishing part one when I'm on final boss. :( So annoying.

Mr. Hunt
12-02-08, 01:42 PM
Can't wait... read David Jaffe saying he got to see it and thinks it is the most amazing looking game he has seen or something like that... I know the guy started the GoW series, but he has nothing to do with it now... so I am hoping he wasn't just hyping it up.

S.I.N
12-02-08, 02:45 PM
I gave up finishing part one when I'm on final boss. :( So annoying.

I almost gave up also but then I said the hell with it and put it on easy, watched a how-to youtube video and he died pretty quick. The extras that open up after beating him is worth it.

crainger
12-02-08, 03:46 PM
I found the boss easy in I

The QTE in II was awful though. I dunno if there was lag in the Bluetooth or what, but I was having a really tough time. Got it though. Can't wait for III.

ralinn
12-03-08, 08:35 AM
Gah, still not finished II yet. :(

Better get my **** together...

Marvel_us
12-03-08, 09:33 AM
Can't wait... read David Jaffe saying he got to see it and thinks it is the most amazing looking game he has seen or something like that... I know the guy started the GoW series, but he has nothing to do with it now... so I am hoping he wasn't just hyping it up.

Well in terms of developing the actual game, no but I remember reading an interview with him saying that he knows how the story will end and if we look hard enough there are hints in GoW1 as to what happens in GoW2.

When is the award show btw?

|MaguS|
12-03-08, 09:55 AM
When is the award show btw?

Dec 14th

|MaguS|
12-14-08, 09:23 PM
They just showed the gameplay footage! It looked good but it was to quick to say how good incomparison to other titles. The close up of Kratos did look really nice though...

crainger
12-14-08, 09:29 PM
I'll have to check the footage when I get home. Any links to clips yet? Does it look like they have kept the same immense scale of the first 2?

|MaguS|
12-14-08, 09:35 PM
Eh, didn't show too much to say. They did show him take down an orge... and knock tons of enemies off himself...

crainger
12-14-08, 09:37 PM
Any word on the ancient Greek boobies? I need games to get my jollies remember.

|MaguS|
12-14-08, 09:39 PM
Any word on the ancient Greek boobies? I need games to get my jollies remember.

No you don't... your a console gamer... I have proof!

Marvel_us
12-14-08, 09:45 PM
Hmmm game didn't impress me graphically from the small bit that they showed but I'll wait until I see more of the game.

crainger
12-14-08, 09:58 PM
No you don't... your a console gamer... I have proof!

Just because I have DS, 360 and PS3 doesn't mean I am a console gamer. I have a PC also and I can whine about even the best game if you give me a chance. Ehem.

Fallout is ummm. Too 3D! I only like Fallout 1, but you made a game just like Fallout 1 I'd whine it brought nothing new to the table.

Crysis is lame because I fail to accept I may have to turn down the detail a lil' bit.

tornadog
12-14-08, 10:04 PM
hah I was going to watch the award show but just realized, my DishHD subscription does not carry SpikeHD...oh well, it will be soon on gametrailers.com

crainger
12-14-08, 10:06 PM
Hmmm game didn't impress me graphically from the small bit that they showed but I'll wait until I see more of the game.

I haven't seen it yet, but are you talking technically or art? Or both? I was always very impressed with the Art of GoW, and the fact they really pushed the PS2 to the limit. it's still early though. The game doesn't even have a firm ETA yet right?

Marvel_us
12-14-08, 10:13 PM
I haven't seen it yet, but are you talking technically or art? Or both? I was always very impressed with the Art of GoW, and the fact they really pushed the PS2 to the limit. it's still early though. The game doesn't even have a firm ETA yet right?

Well art wise it looked good but then again they didn't show much. Technically it didn't look that great. They showed a close up render of Kratos's face and I really thought it didn't look too good.

|MaguS|
12-14-08, 10:30 PM
_UnP-FzSUKg

crainger
12-14-08, 11:04 PM
Well art wise it looked good but then again they didn't show much. Technically it didn't look that great. They showed a close up render of Kratos's face and I really thought it didn't look too good.

::(:

Marvel_us
12-14-08, 11:23 PM
::(:

Relax, I really don't think that trailer is a good indication of what the game will look like when it's released. Also, David Jaffe said that that footage shown was not what he saw. Hopefully what he saw was better because he went crazy about the graphics.

crainger
12-15-08, 12:13 AM
I can't relax. Not while there is a sub par trailer of GoW out there. ::(:

I'll start my own investigation... Once I'm home from work, and if my gf lets me.