PDA

View Full Version : GTA 4 Camera Car Chase Problem

eXeraZoR
12-03-08, 10:00 AM
There is a major problem i am having with the chase camera for the cars in the PC version of GTA IV. I cannot get the chase camera to lock behind the car. For instance if I turn around in the street I cannot tell where i am going because the camera just stays facing the same direction until the car drives far enough away for the camera to follow behind it. The mouse move the camera just fine but that means I have to use the mouse and keyboard at the same time and that just wont do. I will not use a game pad.

Can someone help me figure out how to lock the camera behind the car so I can tell where I am going. GTA 3 and GTA VC both had the locked camera.

source_
http://www.gtagaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111393

bramski
12-03-08, 10:28 AM
Cant lock it but next best thing is to map a button on your joypad to "look behind" now when you need the view to snap back to default just tap the button.

mailman2
12-03-08, 10:41 AM
This only happens using mouse / keyboard. Using 360 controller on PC the camera doesnt do this on the PC.

bcrt2000
12-03-08, 01:13 PM
This problem existed in the console version. However you could just use the Right Stick to recenter the camera with a gamepad. They should really add an option for camera tightness.

NarcissistZero
12-03-08, 03:19 PM
I have to use the mouse and keyboard at the same time and that just wont do.

Why not? Don't most games require this exact thing?

crainger
12-03-08, 03:43 PM
Why not? Don't most games require this exact thing?

I hate to see how he plays FPS'. ::D:

acotdiny
12-05-08, 11:12 PM
Camera Car Great

nutcrackr
12-06-08, 12:47 AM
I am constantly using the mouse and keyboard to steer, comes from GTA SA and works good here. Only thing I'd like to change is to have it NOT snap back after X seconds to the rear view or make it much longer to snap back

Is this possible via tweaks?

Gertrud
12-06-08, 04:05 AM
I have another problem. It isnt possible for me to pull the handbrake and staying on the gas at the same time? This is really annoying. Whenever I pull the handbrake, the gas only responds again when the car has come to a full stop.

Is this a keyboard only problem? I have no controller so I can not test it.