PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5 Demo

ralinn
12-05-08, 07:43 PM
So anyone played the Japanese demo that has been floating around?

I'm really liking it, I had to get used to the tank controls again but it'd very fun especially in co-op mode. I definitely recommend you guys look it up :)

that one guy
12-05-08, 07:47 PM
link?

JaylumX
12-05-08, 07:59 PM
I really enjoyed the demo, especially since this is the first ever Resident Evil game i have tried. Hope it lives up to this when it comes out. Makes me wanna get RE4 to tie me over before its release.

S.I.N
12-05-08, 08:01 PM
I grabbed it early this morning but haven't played it all the way through yet. It looked great and I can tell it will be a blast playing in coop but the tank controls is just a turn off after all these years and kind of was the reason I turned it off. Why the **** cant they run and shoot? Come on, evolve the ****ing controls. It seemed like an enhanced RE4 with the same ammo drops from dead enemies and all.

NaitoSan
12-05-08, 08:13 PM
I couldn't get a hold of it because I'm not gold membership on my Japanese account. :(

S.I.N
12-05-08, 08:18 PM
I couldn't get a hold of it because I'm not gold membership on my Japanese account. :(

Me neither, I just created one and they gave a free month of gold for being a new member and viola.(nana2)

Word is though you can burn it to a cdr and play it from it even if your system is not modded. Search around or wait.

Buenamos
12-05-08, 08:24 PM
Yeah I played it earlier. Was pretty good!

NaitoSan
12-05-08, 10:18 PM
Me neither, I just created one and they gave a free month of gold for being a new member and viola.(nana2)

Word is though you can burn it to a cdr and play it from it even if your system is not modded. Search around or wait.
I don't want to re-create new account or bother to find a torrent. I'll just wait. I just got Prince of Persia so that'll keep me busy until then. :D

ralinn
12-06-08, 04:23 AM
I grabbed it early this morning but haven't played it all the way through yet. It looked great and I can tell it will be a blast playing in coop but the tank controls is just a turn off after all these years and kind of was the reason I turned it off. Why the **** cant they run and shoot? Come on, evolve the ****ing controls. It seemed like an enhanced RE4 with the same ammo drops from dead enemies and all.

Yeah, it took me a while to get used to the tank controls again. But to be honest, it just wouldn't feel like Resident Evil if you were able to strafe around like a loon. I DO think you should be able to walk backwards while aiming though. I don't think there's any reason why you shouldn't be able too...

Great game though, and tough! Not played the demo in Co-op yet but I'm looking forward to it :)

JaylumX
12-06-08, 04:41 AM
I'll be waiting for the PS3 version of the demo before i make my mind up on for which system i will finnally get the game for. The PS3 may have the upper hand since it is the lead platform (correct me if i am wrong) but for now, on the 360 the graphics are exceptionally well done and impressive. I'll be hard pressed to find a jaggy. Dear i say it is using 4xAA and it ran extremely smooth even when chugging loads of stuff arround. I did not detect a hint of slow down.

ralinn
12-06-08, 05:51 AM
Are you getting as much screen tear as I am?

JaylumX
12-06-08, 06:03 AM
I haven't noticed any screen tearing.

Ywap
12-06-08, 06:58 AM
Are you getting as much screen tear as I am?

I get a lot of tearing. And the motion blur is such a turn-off.

On the positive side, the gameplay in the demo is freaking amazing!

Imagine what a pc version of this could play like.... :drooling:

ralinn
12-06-08, 08:58 AM
Imagine what a pc version of this could play like.... :drooling:

Judging from the state of the Resident Evil 4 port, I imagine pretty badly :p

Ywap
12-06-08, 10:02 AM
Judging from the state of the Resident Evil 4 port, I imagine pretty badly :p

Nah, im judging from the Devil may Cry 4 port which was fantastic :smoking:

Lfctony
12-06-08, 10:09 AM
I have, played a bit and it looks great. Very RE4 like. Its a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. Good because it plays great, but bad because it's not longer creepy or scary... I think Dead Space holds that title now... :)

BioHazZarD
12-06-08, 11:08 AM
Video and screens from demo here.. i think its looks alright.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7385_en.html

sammy sung
12-06-08, 12:04 PM
brown....very brown :headexplode:

G-Man
12-09-08, 11:13 PM
the graphics are gorgeous in this game

HiCZoK4
12-12-08, 06:49 AM
I played that demo. And it was quite good. Graphics are trully incredible but gameplay overall is similar to RE4. All of the controls and actions are the same. Still no way to walki while aiming:(
The partner thought is inscredible. She helps You alot! Seems like a great Co-op game!