PDA

View Full Version : Core7 And Upgrades

Mr Bigman
12-06-08, 05:59 PM
I do see alot of folks have jumped to the new Core 7 already so i must show the econemy isn't bad around here.

Also their alot of Extreme core7 rigs floating around too so folks don't mind spending a grand or more for a CPU.

I went the new 965 i7 and its gast but nothing breathtaking.

I got 6 gigs of ram and have room to jump to 12 gigs of ram which would be way overkill but who cares, we have the money to spend for it why not?

I did go with an Antec 1200 case this time for the rig upgrade and use the dual zeion skull as a media server with 08 and use 8 1tb drives in it so i will be adding more Simpsons episodes and Southpark soon.

How are folks here jumping tot the new cpu's so quick around here? IS it they have the bucks to spend or the ebaying all the old stuff cuz i did put some stuff up on ebay but didn't get a whole lot either.

bob saget
12-06-08, 07:37 PM
i have 3 seasons of seinfeld and 3 of southpark.

Mr Bigman
12-06-08, 09:59 PM
Not bad.

I am getting irate about how to deploy the episodes onto the server cuz i can't catorgize them like regular movies cuz i use the DVD hack in Media Center to show list of movies and i use My Movies for info but season stuff is a *****.

breathemetal
12-06-08, 10:01 PM
LEARN HOW TO ****ING SPELL!

Mr Bigman
12-07-08, 12:32 AM
Dude serious if you don't like it than don't read it.

Mr Bigman
12-07-08, 01:46 AM
Do you get to keep the hardware as a rig in your hose after that?

And one thing i always wondered about them giving you stuff, they trust you with their hardware?

Thats what i always wondered about dudes who review or build this stuff like you to have them trust you enough to send you big ticket items in the grands to know you will either send it back or steel it for keeps.

I wish someone would send me a 965 for free but i had to shell out 1100 bucks for one and waiting for a custom waterblock from Switftech for it but what do you recommend for a waterblock for the new core7?

methimpikehoses
12-07-08, 03:19 AM
Do you get to keep the hardware as a rig in your hose after that?

And one thing i always wondered about them giving you stuff, they trust you with their hardware?

Thats what i always wondered about dudes who review or build this stuff like you to have them trust you enough to send you big ticket items in the grands to know you will either send it back or steel it for keeps.

I wish someone would send me a 965 for free but i had to shell out 1100 bucks for one and waiting for a custom waterblock from Switftech for it but what do you recommend for a waterblock for the new core7?

You should have a 4th grader write a letter to them for you.

bob saget
12-07-08, 05:55 AM
lol

bob saget
12-07-08, 01:00 PM
do it!!! lol.

Mr Bigman
12-07-08, 01:57 PM
SO bascially you get the keep really nice parts in the end for doing what you do.

That must be nice to have that luxery.

So you proably have a bunch of rigs in your house that worth 5 grand or more?

I do have a total of 7 rigs but getting rid of 3 of them and keeping the remaining ones for personal use like gaming and media and wife uses one for here movies and tv stuff.

fasedww
12-07-08, 02:37 PM
SO bascially you get the keep really nice parts in the end for doing what you do.

That must be nice to have that luxery.

So you proably have a bunch of rigs in your house that worth 5 grand or more?

I do have a total of 7 rigs but getting rid of 3 of them and keeping the remaining ones for personal use like gaming and media and wife uses one for here movies and tv stuff.

I'll be putting my 5th rig together buy the end of this week:D