PDA

View Full Version : Any Good BF2 Mods?

MowTin
12-07-08, 07:24 PM
I just reinstalled BF2. I haven't played it in years. I have a craving for some modern combat in a large open map.

What's a popular mod for BF2?

Reality Project? Is it so realistic it's boring?

malachi1313
12-07-08, 08:12 PM
Go here:http://www.aixtended.com/ You have to download the client and then the map pack separate. It's basically a mod that opens up alot of maps in single player with AI that isn't retarded. Pretty good original maps also...

mojoman0
12-07-08, 08:16 PM
Eve of Destruction 2 just got rereleased with a ton of content and its a pretty awesome Vietnam mod. Also Forgotten Hope 2 is the most professional looking WWII mod and very popular but a little slower paced.

evox
12-08-08, 12:01 AM
+1 for AIX. Amazing mod.

Also try the WTF Mod for Battlefield 2. Its a crazy mod and damn fun to play. :D

MowTin
12-08-08, 12:04 AM
Eve of Destruction 2 just got rereleased with a ton of content and its a pretty awesome Vietnam mod. Also Forgotten Hope 2 is the most professional looking WWII mod and very popular but a little slower paced.

Cool! Vietnam. There should be more vietnam games. I'm certainly going to try it.

Vik1dk
12-08-08, 07:58 AM
Ill recomend POE2, its a 2,4GB download but worth it ;). Its the only BF2 mod i play.
http://www.pointofexistence.com/

stncttr908
12-08-08, 11:34 AM
I second PoE2.

adv1
12-08-08, 04:34 PM
AIX (Allied Intent Xtended) gets my vote too. It's excellent, and has revitalised Battlefield 2 for me. Great vehicles, aircraft, better bots, weapons and maps. Even better with the recent release of AIX 2.0.

Burnt_Ram
12-09-08, 08:57 AM
Cool! Vietnam. There should be more vietnam games. I'm certainly going to try it.

+1. i'm off to track it down now. Vietnam :D

edit: i just had a look at the screens. looks ok! anyone played this yet? hopefully theres more players than FH2!

mojoman0
12-09-08, 01:32 PM
Patch 1.5 for BF2 was recently discussed by DICE and should be here soon. I'm desperately hoping for widescreen support since I've hardly palyed BF2 since I got this 22" but I've put more time into this than any other game. A couple of maps and widescreen is all I'm asking for!

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/main/showthread.php?t=181714

DICE sent us some more specific information regarding the forthcoming 1.5 patch. Here is what they had to say:

A few months ago we announced Battlefield 2 Update 1.50 was in development, but so far we have been quiet regarding the content of the update. It is time for us to reveal some of the features the update will contain! The priority for us in this update has been to secure Battlefield 2 against a number of attacks against the game.

We have spent time looking into the attacks and implemented short term solutions with the help of GameSpy to limit the impact of stats padding and leaderboard abuse. Other issues have been found to be game and server based, which is where Update 1.50 comes in. what Battlefield 2 1.50 will contain a number of security updates, including the following:

Server crashing – We have worked with the issues causing servers to crash, which has caused problems for the community (especially those who rent ranked servers).

Name/ID spoofing – Extra steps have been implemented to ensure the soldier being used belongs to the right account.

Commander assets – This is to stop the excessive spawning of multiple crates, UAVs or vehicles.

More information on Update 1.50 will be revealed as we approach the release date!

mojoman0
12-09-08, 01:34 PM
+1. i'm off to track it down now. Vietnam :D

edit: i just had a look at the screens. looks ok! anyone played this yet? hopefully theres more players than FH2!

Yea I've put a ton of time into it. Although the gfx I found aren't as good as FH2, the gameplay is much faster paced and I found it to be the only mod that actually took me away from ranked BF2 servers.

www.eodmod.com